2 for 1 - Warm Up America and Crochetville!

Crochetville LLC

I smoke and I have a dog. I always wash anything that I give away. As soon as the item comes out of the dryer, I instantly put it in a ziploc bag. I usually spray toys with Febreeze or FabriCare. When they're dry, I also put them in a ziploc bag.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For answering me!!!! I will do that!!

Thanks again!

I smoke and I have a dog. I always wash anything that I give away. As soon as the item comes out of the dryer, I instantly put it in a ziploc bag. I usually spray toys with Febreeze or FabriCare. When they're dry, I also put them in a ziploc bag.

Anyone else here smoke? or have animals?
I don't smoke but I do have a dog. I just checked the Warm Up America site and there is nothing stated there about smoking or pets. If you have either in you home and you feel your rectangles need washing, then do so and package them up for mailing right away.

I didn't get my box mailed over the weekend. I have 23 in that box. I have started a new box. It has 15 in it so far. I will be going to town on Tuesday of this week. I will probably have the 2nd box full by then.

I have 6 cats and 2 dogs and I smoke. I always say that the pet hair just adds to the fibre content......LOL

LOL

I do that too. Or if I go to the laundry mat, like I did this weekend, I keep them in my car, since I don't smoke and haven't had to take my dogs anywhere for agse, it shouldn't smell like anything other then fabric refresher since I spray my clothes sometimes and keep one in there.

Debbi

PS: The one I forgot to put in my car I will probably wash again before sending... I still feel better about doing that.

I have to jump in and say how much I enjoy seeing all the different blocks ya'll have created. Beautiful work, folks:cheer
I agree! Isn't it wonderful? I'm so psyched when another package comes in the mail and I get to see (and touch!) more of all of your creations! :c9

Hey Donna are you petting all the pretty yarns? I have one box full I think there is like 27 of them in there! I am still making more so maybe I'll just wait till Iam done and find a bigger box and send them all at once if that is alright with you Donna?

Hey Donna are you petting all the pretty yarns?
I am! :lol And fondling all the different textured stitches! :blush

I had no idea there were so many kinds of Caron Simply Soft!

I have one box full I think there is like 27 of them in there! I am still making more so maybe I'll just wait till I am done and find a bigger box and send them all at once if that is alright with you Donna?
Yep, that's perfectly fine!

Hey guys... so here's the thing: After 3 different medical procedures this week, I'm way tired and way behind on EVERYTHING around here... including my crochet! So, I have an offer for anyone working on this charity.

I pulled out all of my Caron Simply Soft yarn a couple weeks ago, and while I'm going to keep all the Brites to try and get some more squares finished myself, (I've only managed to do 4 or 5) I have 15 skeins... 6oz. each of regular Caron Simply Soft yarns. I have them in 3 different colors, sage, country blue, and dark country blue.

Now... without you being picky what colors ya get, and as long as you PROMISE the yarn will be used to make squares for this charity, I'm willing to send out this yarn to anyone working on this that might be out of or running low on your own simply soft stash.

15 skeins, and I'll send one or two or however many you promise to use... just let me know. And let me know soon so that I know what sort of shipping material (sizes, etc.) to buy. :)

I'm considering it destashing for a great cause, and I KNOW there's no way I'm getting to it all by the deadline.

So... any takers? Let me know! :)

I am! :lol And fondling all the different textured stitches! :blush

I had no idea there were so many kinds of Caron Simply Soft!

Yep, that's perfectly fine!

Ok Donna, I'm in this seems like a great way to use up a lot of the Simply soft I have in some really nice colors. I just wound up a lot of it this weekend so I know I am late but by April I should be able to get some done. I am working on a graphghan that has gotten too big to be a take along so this will be nice to have as a toteable project.

in a recent flash of brilliance, I was wondering if when you deliver the rectangles (because I have faith there will be that many) if Caron insists they want them all in one box, could you get the big produce boxes from your grocery (like the ones watermelon or pumpkin or whatnot come in) and put one on top of the other so you have a box that might be big enough? You would need a truck to deliver it, but you could probably borrow one if you don't own one.

oh, and I have three squares done so far...my schedule is not allowing me much crochet time.

I e-mailed my contact at Caron about delivery and the boxes, and she said yes, the box(es) can be dropped off at the plant. She said I should contact her and she would arrange to have someone pick them up at the gate. As far as multiple boxes, she said it's preferable to put them in one, but we could use multiple boxes as long as they are clearly labeled -- like Crochetville - Box 1 of 3, Crochetville - Box 2 of 3, etc.

I got a question? Is there anything that says you can use only one strand? Do you think we could do a two strander? The patches would work up much faster.

I am finding that some of the Caron's SS are thin and some thick, so I have to adjust my hook or the number of chains to get the correct measurements. Then I thought if we are changing the number of starting chains anyway, why couldn't we make 2 stranders.

I tried one and it looks nice, plus it is certainly warm and super soft.

I got a question? Is there anything that says you can use only one strand? Do you think we could do a two strander? The patches would work up much faster.

I am finding that some of the Caron's SS are thin and some thick, so I have to adjust my hook or the number of chains to get the correct measurements. Then I thought if we are changing the number of starting chains anyway, why couldn't we make 2 stranders.

I tried one and it looks nice, plus it is certainly warm and super soft.

this would be a question for donna and perhaps her caron contact.

Archived