2 for 1 - Warm Up America and Crochetville!

Crochetville LLC

Can you believe it? I have 7 squares ready to drop off at my local Michael's, made with Caron One Pounder yarn! :( But, I too have lots of CSS in my stash, and three days off scattered around the holidays and no one visiting this year. Yippee! What a great way to bust some stash, try new stitches, and do something good! Yea, C'ville, let's swamp Warm Up America with squares!! (BTW, Donna, are you going to need some donations of cash for the shipping? Or to rent the 18-wheeler you may need to get them to the post office?:lol)

Patty

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How fun!!! Field Trip!!!!! If you get too many for your vehicle let me know and I'll drive down for the day to help convoy them there.... do some lunch... hit a few yarn shops...Just let me know... It would be fun!!!

(BTW, Donna, are you going to need some donations of cash for the shipping? Or to rent the 18-wheeler you may need to get them to the post office?:lol)
Hmm, since I may wind up hand delivering them (Caron is just about an hour away from my house), I may not need to pay for shipping. I'll let you guys know.

How fun!!! Field Trip!!!!! If you get too many for your vehicle let me know and I'll drive down for the day to help convoy them there.... do some lunch... hit a few yarn shops...Just let me know... It would be fun!!!
Oooh, that sounds fun!! :yes

dang it, I just used up most of my SS yarn on christmas gifts. Then again, they never said the sections have to be a single solid color... I'll try to make some by piecing together all my scraps.
Oh, absolutely! Multicolored squares would be great!

You know, the ONLY down side I can think of about this.. is that our members in places where SS is hard to come by.. will have difficulty participating.

::::Off to look at some RAOK lists::::

I have a question. I know that normally you need to put your info on a 3x5 card on each section. Do we need to do thios with these too. I thought I would ask since I wouldn't want Donna to have to do all that if necessary when they get to her house for us to qualify.

You know, the ONLY down side I can think of about this.. is that our members in places where SS is hard to come by.. will have difficulty participating.

I have a whole bunch of mill ends from Caron that are simply soft. So if anyone needs some SS and can't get any where they live... let me know!

I just sent an email to Caron, asking if we can specify SS when ordering Mill Ends. I'll post what I find out. I mentioned their contest in my post, figuring it wouldn't hurt to remind them that this was THEIR idea:lol

When I ordered my mill ends several months ago, I think 22 out of the 24 of mine were simply soft.

I just got off the phone with ShopCaron. I was told that there is no way to ask for all simply soft when ordering mill ends. As their selection changes everyday, from what they have on hand. So it is just a grab bag type situation.

If anyone is interested, I am going to order a box of 24 bags of the mill ends in the next few days. If anyone wants to go in with me, I can ship the yarn to you once I get it. I am able to get the bags much cheaper. Even cheaper than I had originally thought! I can get them for $1.97 per bag, a much better price than $3.49 or $2.99 if bought thru Caron directly.

I know I'm able to get 2 mill end bags into a flat rate priority shipping box. Which is $8.95 for the shipping. I'm not sure how much parcel post would be however.

Let me know, with a PM if you'd like to go in on the order. I have several bags if simply soft here at home, just in case the box as some that aren't SS. So that's not a problem!

I wanna join. :)

However, that means some yarn shopping...again. Most of my leftover stash is RHSS...that's what I make all my charity squares from.

But maybe I have some simplysoft.

i havae about 4 done already from when this was first posted....i think 2 of my skeins are ss but not sure....should take them with me to the store and compare...cant think of any other way to make sure...they dont have labels, are kind of shiny and soft!

I have a question. I know that normally you need to put your info on a 3x5 card on each section. Do we need to do thios with these too. I thought I would ask since I wouldn't want Donna to have to do all that if necessary when they get to her house for us to qualify.
The rules don't say squares submitted by a group need to be individually tagged. But I will check with the people at Caron to make sure. Thanks for asking!

Count me in! I just read this ad last night and wondered about crochetville! I will pick up some caron ss and get started on some squares after the holidays. is that ok if I knit some? i'm thinking it might be a nice way to practice on that. Of course I will have to crochet some too. :)

Count me in!!! When do they have to be to Donna? This way I can plan on shipping before.

Not till Mid april at the earliest. Donna may *we're hoping* have to drive them to caron. So the date would be later in this case.

That's right. I've set April 18, 2008 as the tentative due date for squares to arrive at my house. But that's if I'm packaging and mailing them. If I drive over and hand deliver them (which may turn out to be the case!) the due date will be later. I'll update on the plan as we get closer to the deadline.

Donna, I hope you get buried under an avalance and do decide to deliver them. If you need, I'll bring my van and utility trailer and dd's pickup truck over and help you.
I'm kind of shaking in my boots, I tell ya. :lol Thanks for the offer, I may need it!

I suppose I should join in on this one, huh? :lol

Thanks Amy & Donna for doing the leg work and super thanks to Donna for doing the collections! I may have gotten in trouble there :devil

I just know that the most wonderful blankies will come out of the 'Villes contributions!! :manyheart

I suppose I should join in on this one, huh? :lol

Thanks Amy & Donna for doing the leg work and super thanks to Donna for doing the collections! I may have gotten in trouble there :devil

I just know that the most wonderful blankies will come out of the 'Villes contributions!! :manyheart

Excellent, Nght! And thank you again for getting us going on this!! :hug:nworthy

Archived