2 for 1 - Warm Up America and Crochetville!

Crochetville LLC

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Simply Soft is $2.99 at Joann's here, but with a 40% off coupon it's only $1.79. Joann's accepts the other two big box store's coupons and lets me buy 2 or three things with the same amount of coupons at one time.

Joan

Hey Donna are you running out of room yet? I have like 48 made and still working! I am a little slower due to the fact I just had surgery and now Iam home so resting +crocheting =more rectangles:)

Hey Donna are you running out of room yet?
Not yet! :lol I started with this box that I calculated would hold 400 rectangles. It's full now! time to pick another box! I took this photo the other day while I was organizing them. I'm tying them into bundles of 10 so they're easier to count.

box01.jpg

I have like 48 made and still working! I am a little slower due to the fact I just had surgery and now Iam home so resting +crocheting =more rectangles:)
Wow! I hope your recuperation goes smoothly! :hug

I am enjoying working on these squares. I checked The Crochet Stitch Bible out at our local library and have been experimenting with different textured stitches and patterns. My favorite so far has been the Spider Stitch. I may just have to buy a copy of this book because I don't think I will have time to try all the patterns I want before it is due!

I have started a few of these rectangles and I really don't like doing them. I haven't finished one yet!!!! I don't like the way the edges look - i was using a pattern with dc's

Any suggestions?

How about decreasing the width slightly and then adding a row of sc down the sides to cover up the edges? Or try using the shell pattern; those edges seem to come out really nice. Remember these are all going to be joined into blankets so the edges won't really show much at all.

Sara

I have started a few of these rectangles and I really don't like doing them. I haven't finished one yet!!!! I don't like the way the edges look - i was using a pattern with dc's

Any suggestions?

I agree with everything MadCityCrochet said. Myself, I like to make them about an inch too small in both directions, then do a single crochet border all around. Everybody's gauge is different, though, so you'll need to try it out and see what size your own sc border comes out. While you're experimenting to get the right size to add a border, you can always use esc (extended single crochet) or hdc (half double crochet) for more height as a border if the single crochet border doesn't come out the right size.

I AM working on these, slowely, I been taking them to work, cause I can fit a partial skien of SS in my purse, lol, and I am trying to do ONE a night at work, but as ya'll know, that doesn't ALWAYS work out as planned...lol...but lots of time yet, so I know my SS left over yarn will be made in these squares. :crocheting

I mentioned this in another section, but I sent all my squares through the dryer to soften them up a bit (they were dry.. not wet before they went in)... and now some of them are too small. I may try adding a border, but on most of them I no longer have that color available. Grrrrr! I am starting all over anyway, and will send along what I have in about a week.

Joan

Hi, everyone! Just wanted to let you know that Donna is having some massive issues with her new computer. She's been working for days with the technicians as they try to figure out the source of the problem and how to fix it. Parts have been ordered, and it may be a few more days yet before she's back up and running. Once the computer is operational, she's going to have to reinstall everything. So it's going to take awhile for her to be back up to speed.

I also have an update on rectangles received. Special thanks to ForestW, who submitted 113 rectangles!!!!

Our current total is 549 rectangles as of 2/18/08!

Hi, everyone! Just wanted to let you know that Donna is having some massive issues with her new computer. She's been working for days with the technicians as they try to figure out the source of the problem and how to fix it. Parts have been ordered, and it may be a few more days yet before she's back up and running. Once the computer is operational, she's going to have to reinstall everything. So it's going to take awhile for her to be back up to speed.

I also have an update on rectangles received. Special thanks to ForestW, who submitted 113 rectangles!!!!

Our current total is 549 rectangles as of 2/18/08!

Thanks for the update, Amy! We really appreciate it! And please let Donna know that we hope her computer feels better soon....technology is wonderful until it makes our blood pressure go up. :)

And that is one HUGE amount of rectangles from ForestW! I am impressed! That means that so far there are enough rectangles to make 11 blankets. WTG everyone! :cheer:clap:cheer

Sara

Ok, I am frustrated. I have a few made but wanted to make some using the rectangle granny directions on the Warm Up America site and also used the one from Crochet Cabana. I can't get it to work out to 7 X 9. I went down to the G hook and it measures 7.5 X 10.5. Even if I border with sc, it wont come out 7 X 9..... Has anyone done the rectangle granny and had it size out right?

Back to the hdc rectangles for now......lol

Debbie

uwcheese

Ok, I am frustrated. I have a few made but wanted to make some using the rectangle granny directions on the Warm Up America site and also used the one from Crochet Cabana. I can't get it to work out to 7 X 9. I went down to the G hook and it measures 7.5 X 10.5. Even if I border with sc, it wont come out 7 X 9..... Has anyone done the rectangle granny and had it size out right?

Back to the hdc rectangles for now......lol

Debbie

uwcheese

Have you tried doing them 9x7? I know it can be very frustrating when you want something to come out just so, maybe another pattern stitch as a last resort. I always theorize that it must be some other factor preventing me from being perfect, not me:lol

Archived