Comfortghan for JessC031778 - Enough squares, Thanks!

Krystal16

I'm in! I'll make some kids' squares. This is so heartbreaking, but wow, what a terrific group of folks we have here to respond like this. No one but crocheters could appreciate it. Thank you all. You've made my night

Joyce

Jessie and I have been great email friends and this is so heartbreaking I am crying. I can't imagine what this is like for her. I know it will hit her hard as they were together but 3 short months before they married!

from her blog:

"About Me

Jessie

CT, US

I am a stay at home mom of 2 little girls. I am sickeningly happy with my husband, my children, and our cat. I am completely addicted to yarn, and prefer crochet to knit. I have begun designing my own patterns and am expanding my hooking skills every day!"

Her girls Rory and Lori are so very small too. Lorelei is only 2.5

Being so far away any ghan squares i would make would be too slow to arrive but I thank you all for doing this for Jessie. She will treasure it.

BTW:: (from an email from Jess) 30. What are your Favorite colors? #1 fav is teal, but I love blue & green too

please count me in for 5 squares, if i can make more i will, but i can do at least 5, please pm me your addy krystal and i will get them to you as soon as possible. i think someone told me her favorite color was teal. maybe we could use that color too or go multi colored?:think:think and you said that if you have enough your going to make one for each of the children? is that right? i will try hard to make some for them also please let me know what colors for sure alright? thanks:manyheart:manyheart i feel so bad for her, sooo young and to lose him like that has to be heartbreaking. sending lots of :hug:hug:hug to jessie:manyheart

Hi I just finished my squares. I'll mail them out first thing monday. I hope that they'll work! The top 2 are for Jessi, and the bottom 2 are for the girls. :hug (On the bottom left it looks blue, but really it's lt. purple and dk. purple)Picture032.jpg

Vicki -

Well, since everyone has started out with the pinks and browns, we will stick to that. All of the love will make this beautiful.

I've got everyone down on the list on page one. Good luck getting your work done today, ladies - all of the squares so far look beautiful.

:D

I just saw this thread as I wasn't here yesterday....I was so hoping someone would do this for Jess....I knew they would!:manyheart Since you seem to have enough squares and I'm terrible with them anyway, I'd love to send some money. I'll pm you, Krystal. Thanks for doing this....my heart is broken for Jess and her girls.

I just finished two squares, They're been washed and are being blocked even as we speak. I'll post photos later; these squares will be mailed on Monday.

Please count me in, Krystal. I do have at least one square made already and I'm pm'ing you.

I assume you will be doing all the assembling work? God bless you!

I have 4 squares made and they'll go out in tomorrow's mail. I didn't think I had any purple or pink yarn but I just found some so I can make at least one square for each of the girls' afghans and include them in the envelope. I'll try to make more if I can.

DSCF0124-adj.jpg

Sorry to her about a friends loss. I have some squares somewhere (not sure of the size) in pink, blue, purple and white. There's enough fo a kid size afghan. I also have some 8 inch "smilie" squares in green and blue. I'll e-mail for the address. Let me know what you think. God Bless.

Ellie 13

Here is my square for Jessi. It is supposed to have a bullion stitch, (I did dc instead) The pattern is at Heart made blessings. I'll be sending it out tomorrow or tuesday.

(Sorry the photo is so big, I uploaded the wrong size)

squareforJessi.jpg

Krystal, I just saw your post about putting a tag on the squares. I have already packaged mine up with no tag, but I did put a little note with my name on it along with donation.

They will be in the mail in the morning and the others items for the girls will be in the mail a few days. It should not take that long to get to you we are both in ny. If there is anything else you need let me know.

Trish

Here are squares I made that I will be mailing to you tomorrow Krystal...this is my first adventure with trying to post a photo. Let's see if it works! The purple ones don't show up very well on the green towel...but I think they turned out well. I have them blocking and they should be ready to go!

resized.jpg

Becky, the squares are gorgeous. I love the flower one and the circle one! Yeah, it is hard to see the purple ones but it appears they look great, too!

Sarah, didn't mention earlier how beautiful yours is, too. Fantabulous job!

Everyone's pics look so good; works of love and caring.

i have three squares done and the blanket is almost finished, about 12 more rows and the edging and they will be on their way. should be finished and mailed out by tuesday at the lastest. will let you know when i get to the post office, krystal.

Here are my squares. They'll be placed in the mail on Monday. I still have a few more rows to go on the pink paperdoll square for the girls. I hope these photos upload correctly as I haven't done this often enough to remember what to do:P

000_0474.jpg

000_0473.jpg

000_0471.jpg