Comfortghan for JessC031778 - Enough squares, Thanks!

Krystal16

Has anyone heard what colors we are making for the children's comfortghans? I finished my two squares for Jessie's 'ghan.

Has anyone heard what colors we are making for the children's comfortghans? I finished my two squares for Jessie's 'ghan.

Look at message number one. It has been updated with that information.

Something none of us may have thought about .... makes this situation even sadder. Based on her online name, her birthday is probably this Saturday. (JessC031778):( :( :(

Wow everyone here is so talented. I am loving the squares, the colors everything. That doll square is just gorgeous.

Here are 4/6 squares I'll be sending out tomorrow. These are prior to blocking so forgive the apparent wonkiness

PhotoLibrary-1735.jpg The upper left corner one is not red, though it looks it. It's Caron SS brights in a pink, the darker purple is Caron SS too, the light pink is Baby Coordinates and the lavendar is RHSS

Joyce

Something none of us may have thought about .... makes this situation even sadder. Based on her online name, her birthday is probably this Saturday. (JessC031778):( :( :(

Oh Birdlady...you're so right and I had been wondering what those numbers meant :(

Joyce

I have three squares completed that I will be putting in the mail tomorrow. I just got my new computer and have no idea how to post pics - going to be the next thing on my list to learn - my old computer would have no part of pictures.

Everyone's squares are beautiful - you should be very proud of your willingness to help out others in their time of need. Good Job Everyone!

I have seen this square a few times, where can I find the pattern? Thanks. :)

Oh! I just read through the thread.

The square that I made is the same as Becky and LauraLee's but it's in a dusty rose color.

417021272_94816a7a42_m.jpg

Jeannie, This is the pattern I used, I just added another row of the "granny" style, (3dc, ch1) in each sp around. I did not do the bullion stitches. I just did dc. It did want to curl after row 2, but after row 3, it laid flat. Here is the link....

http://www.heartmadeblessings.org/patterns/babybullion.asp

also, on the row 5, for the pattern, it says to dc in the next sc, I skipped that and did a ch1 instead. Just to give me the space. I did not do the sc edge either, I did another row of the 3dc, ch1 in each sp around. To give me the right size, I also used an "H" hook.

Thanks, Sarah! Not sure if I'll try it this time though. I kind of like the Guardian Angels I, II and III patterns at that site. I've made Angel I but not ready for pic yet.

I think the other pattern you are looking for is Circle of Friends. It's here: http://members.aol.com/lffunt/circlefriends.htm

I made that one, too, in a multicolor yarn, light browns, RHSS Sandy Print.

OK, everyone - the squares that have been posted are BEAUTIFUL!

Thank you all for your generosity and talent.

Yes, I will be assembling these - I have been looking at ALL different ways to join squares, and I think I'm going to venture out on my own and wing it (with the ideas in mind, of course)

I will make these squares into whatever sized blanket they will make 0 even if it's king sized with overhang.

Anyone who is wishing to ONLY donate money, if it is easier, I can also accept non-cc paypal. Just PM me for the info. I can't do credit cards, though. Sorry.

Getting info to the last of the PM's I have here.

Jeannie,

Actually, the one with the turquoise flower is a pattern designed by Krystal that I have been needing to get to her for her charity afghan project. It is a beautiful pattern and fun to make. I think she talks about it on her blog at http://www.krochetkrystal.blogspot.com The off-white one is for Jessie's ghan and the two purple ones are for her daughters.

Just put my 3 squares in a box heading your way tomorrow. One in off white, one rose, one brown. Also included a little extra for the postage.

Yes, that is her birthdate...

:(

Just finishing my third square and really pouring love into all of them for Jess and the girls. I just love looking at everyone's beautiful work! So much talent and creativity!

So I've got to ask where the patterns can be found for the gorgeous daisy first seen in post #94 and that adorable little girl block shown in post #100.

Krystal - I'll be mailing these out tomorrow!:manyheart

So I've got to ask where the patterns can be found for the gorgeous daisy first seen in post #94

That's Krystal's daisy charity pattern :)

Here's the paperdoll square just washed and starting the blocking process. The original pattern is a rectangle so I had to add some rows on two sides to square it off. I found some pink fun fur (one of the Hobby Lobby brands) that also has a gold thread running through it. I combined it with the cranberry WW yarn for the outside border. The pattern calls for three strands of pink yarn, braided, with a ribbon affixed at the end of the "hair" but I didn't like that so I used some yellow Lion Brand Homespun and opened it up so it looked frizzy. From what I researched, Jess' daughter is blonde so I thought the yellow hair was appropriate. It'll frizz out again when it's dry.

For those asking about this pattern, there was a lengthy thread about its origin not too long ago. It's from an old magazine, which sometimes shows up on eBay.

000_0475.jpg

FYI:

I've finished all my squares. I've done 2 for Jessie and 2 for the girls. Krystal, you can decide what to do with them. I want to wash them before I post them out, so I'll take them to the local P.O. tomorrow afternoon. But in the morning, I'm going to go to the main P.O. in town and see about "buying" some USD to put in the package.

Either way, they'll be IN the post tomorrow.

P.S. I put pics of all of them on my blog (see sig for link) if you want to see them before you see them. :hook

birdlady1, you are so fortunate to have such an adorable pattern! I wish we all could make those for the girls!

Thank you. :hugI take pride in my pattern collection and this is one of my favorites. It can be adapted for just about any occasion. I thought about adding wings and a halo but I'm not experienced enough with the art of crochet to make it work.

Jeannie, This is the pattern I used, I just added another row of the "granny" style, (3dc, ch1) in each sp around. I did not do the bullion stitches. I just did dc. It did want to curl after row 2, but after row 3, it laid flat. Here is the link....

http://www.heartmadeblessings.org/patterns/babybullion.asp

also, on the row 5, for the pattern, it says to dc in the next sc, I skipped that and did a ch1 instead. Just to give me the space. I did not do the sc edge either, I did another row of the 3dc, ch1 in each sp around. To give me the right size, I also used an "H" hook.

I just love this pattern but would have never thought to use DC instead of bullion! Thanks for the inspiration.