Comfortghan for JessC031778 - Enough squares, Thanks!

Krystal16

I have TWO questions to ask of all of you....

(I have never before organized a comfortghan... figure it's better to ask questions)

First, do you think It's OK to close out square requests? Anyone after this can still send donations, but I believe we'll have plenty of squares for all the ghans, and I don't want them trickling in too late.

Second, is it customary to list $ amounts each person has sent so there is an accounting, or is that in poor taste, to mention dollar amounts from each person? I would personally NOT put amounts, but I didn't know how things are when you're sending money to a relative stranger.

Thank you all for being so generous and making my way along this path easier.

I think it would be best not to post money amounts some of us are blessed to help alot... others a little... but it comes from the very same heart....

If you want some one to be accountable you can ask some one to help you and give them the totals just to cover yourself if there is any question....You just never ever know what might come up

I would not list dollar amounts, just the person's name. That's what we do when we have a collection at work. That way no one can be embarrassed by the amount they donated.

If you want to close the square donation, that's fine. What about this idea -- if you receive more squares than are needed, how about putting them into an afghan for his parents?

I have my squares finished. I'm glad that I was able to help with this. Being new here, this is my first time to participate. It is unbelievable how generous and compassionate everyone is. I told my husband about this and he was so touched by everyone's outpouring. I'm proud to be part of such a caring group! Crocheters have big hearts! :manyheart

Krystal - thanks for organizing this. You are an:angel ! My squares will be in the mail in the morning. Here is a pic. I hope they will be fine. The top 2 are for Jess and the bottom 2 for the girls. (Some of the purple looks a little blue, but it is a pretty purple.)

comfortghansquares.jpg

Lea - that's what I thought... I will keep a file here of who has posted what amounts. If there is ever any question, I'll have it ready for someone to review - whoever that might be.

Laurie - that's a great idea!

Yep..good idea... I would hate to see YOU get burned in any way for doing something nice:)

I would also like to help. Krystal can you pm me your address.

I'm so saddend this happen to her. I was so shocked when I read

her post. I'll would like Thank Krystal and everybody else for being so

thoughtful and generous.:hug:hug

I'll be sending these 12 squares tomorrow afternoon. (2 of each color combo). I was already working on the squares for the March Squares CAL so it was too late to make them just pinks and purples but Krystal can use what she needs for the girls blankets and save the rest for her other charity ventures. I need to get them washed yet but I will make sure they get shipped tomorrow before 4:00.

th_daisysquares.jpg

Thank you for taking care of this Krystal!

Krystal, just for your info, if you get too many squares for all the ghans your making, it would be nice to make another ghan to give to a charity of Jessies choice in her husbands memory.

If you need help organizing a ghan, or the money, I would be happy to lend a hand, as I have done both. Just throwing my name out in the mix.

Another suggestion, Drews (the Crochet Dude) joining method I have found to be one of the easiest with comfortghans because it really doesn't matter if the squares are all exactly the same size, it really makes up for it.

Your a saint to put this together.

I made an 8" square ghan and recieved 60 squares and it was WAY HUGE, but the recipient LOVED it!

Yes, this will definitely be one large afghan!

I am going to do a mix of drew's and the method I'm using to join the latest daisy ghan. My DD8 LOVES to help organize the layout of an afghan - she has helped me with each of the daisy ones.

I've got myself setup in Excel to keep track of the rest. I should be good to go, but if something comes up and I'm too deep, I'll let you know. Thanks for the offer. I am good at handling large projects, it would just be family commitments that would hang me up. DH is in the loop, though - so all is well so far. :manyheart

I'm just wondering what my maillady is going to do come Wednesday and Thursday! I'm betting I'll get a call from the main PO asking me to come pick them up, my kids will like that, as I will pick them up from school, too.

I am just now reading this for the first time. Tomorrow (Monday) is my day off and I will put together a few squares for you. Please PM me with your name and address so that I can get them in the mail for you on Tuesday. Thanks.

Elle

I just love this pattern but would have never thought to use DC instead of bullion! Thanks for the inspiration.

You're welcome! It is a neat square. The first 2 rows tend to curl up, but with the 3ed, and 4th rows, it lays down flat.

Krystal, I'm putting it in the mail tomorrow. I only got the 1 done. Sorry I didn't do more.

Everyones squares look soooo good! The ghans will be a beautiful blessing for them. :U

hello everyone,

sadly i did not participate in this comfortghan and now it is to late! but i think next time i will try. but i wanted to take a minute and pat each one of you on the back. the lengths that you all have gone to to help a fellow crocheter in need, is very comforting!!!!! you should all be very pround of yourselves!!!!!!!!! i know this is about jessie in her time of need, noone should have to experience what she is going through at her young age with two young kids, but you all need to know how amazing you are!!! please package up hugs from me to send to her and her family.

kris

I took my envelope to the post office at lunch. They said it will take 3-5 days to go from Florida to New York.

I've got two done, and will finish a third (just a basic granny, though, as my hands are about done for) this afternoon. They'll be in the last shipment out of our post office this afternoon. Thank goodness for that shipping kiosk!

Krystal, do you want me to block them and send them tomorrow or just go ahead and send them now? One is a skosh under 8" and the other two are right at 8", but aren't perfectly square yet. Or would you rather I send them so you get them on time and you block them if you need to? They are just RHSS and RH Giant Pounder yarn, so nothing fancy.

OK... to answer a few questions:

1. Blocking is not necessary, as the weight of the afghan will pull any wonkiness out of these squares. I've done a ton of afghans, and this has always been the case.

2. It is NOT too late to send squares, as long as you can have them IN THE MAIL by tomorrow.

3. If you would like to donate for a gift card and/or towards shipping, you can do so for quite a while. I can accept non-cc paypal if it is easier than mailing me something. PM me for info.

OK... to answer a few questions:

1. Blocking is not necessary, as the weight of the afghan will pull any wonkiness out of these squares. I've done a ton of afghans, and this has always been the case.

2. It is NOT too late to send squares, as long as you can have them IN THE MAIL by tomorrow.

3. If you would like to donate for a gift card and/or towards shipping, you can do so for quite a while. I can accept non-cc paypal if it is easier than mailing me something. PM me for info.

All great to know! Thanks Krystal. My squares went out today (noon pickup I believe) but I included a note that I wouldn't have any money until Friday, so I'll pop something in the mail Friday a.m.

Joyce