2016 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

Darn Joann's... I did a bad thing. Again.  :reyes  They're having their big President's Day sale plus a coupon for 20% off your entire purchase... So I wound up with 3 skeins of Deborah Norville Everyday Worsted for an afghan that will happen after the Minions and Sophie and 2 more skeins of something or other that was just too pretty walk past. Sigh. My poor stashbusting score... Good thing it's only February! And I've been working on plenty, just nothing to finish anything up yet. Oh well. -10 for now. 

I got that same coupon in the mail!  :yes   I haven't made it to Joann's yet, though.  I wanted to go today, but I don't think I'll make it until tomorrow.  I'm afraid I haven't accomplished much this week...I'm posting a big "goose egg" for this week.

WTD:  0

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I might be able to finish another skein, but I can see it's not going to happen.

WTD -5

I ran by the post office while out this evening. Totally surprised that the yarn order got here today, sooo..another -18

WTD -23

Didn't finish anything off this week since I'm working in small amounts at a time off brand new skeins... hopefully next week I'll at least have a couple positive points! I am fully prepared to post scores next week! Lol!

WTD -10

Guess what?!?!

Go on, guess....

I hooked enough to use up countable yarn this week!!!  :yay

I rolled a skein into a ball...

No, it's not much.  But it's SOMETHING - which is better than nothing, right?  :wink

So, my big bright beautiful score is:

WTD +1 week ending Valentine's Day Eve...

:manyheart :heart :rose :flower :valday

I didn't post for last week (had 0 so why bother). This week I used 3 balls and rolled a skein (+ 4) :cheer . Yesterday was my birthday :yay , so my mom and I went shopping at Micheal's. I got a skein of RHSS Aran (- 2) and found the purple and white I needed in 14 oz. sale bags ($2.79 each). They're hanks, 2/bag (- 8 ) that need to be wound into balls before :crocheting , so I took my birthday money from my parents and bought a  :yarn winder  :manyheart . I wound 2 hanks into 14 balls. Do I still count them as 2 skeins until I use 1/2 of them :think ?

WTD: - 6  YTD: + 20

Ellie 13

:valday

I didn't post for last week (had 0 so why bother). This week I used 3 balls and rolled a skein (+ 4) :cheer . Yesterday was my birthday :yay , so my mom and I went shopping at Micheal's. I got a skein of RHSS Aron (- 2) and found the purple and white I needed in 14 oz. sale bags ($2.79 each). They're hanks, 2/bag (- 8 ) that need to be wound into balls before :crocheting , so I took my birthday money from my parents and bought a  :yarn winder  :manyheart . I wound 2 hanks into 14 balls. Do I still count them as 2 skeins until I use 1/2 of them :think ?

WTD: - 6  YTD: + 20

Ellie 13

:valday

You can count them whatever way is easier for you. The only thing to remember on any of it is that it's 2 points going in and two points going out for each skein. Sounds like you found a great deal.

Go on, guess....

I hooked enough to use up countable yarn this week!!!  :yay

I rolled a skein into a ball...

No, it's not much.  But it's SOMETHING - which is better than nothing, right?  :wink

Even the little numbers in progress are great! I keep going in the wrong direction.

Didn't finish anything off this week since I'm working in small amounts at a time off brand new skeins... hopefully next week I'll at least have a couple positive points! I am fully prepared to post scores next week! Lol!

WTD -10

You're going to have to do better than that if you want to go on a trip (to the moon) this week! LOL

The scores are a little odd this week...Congrats to all!

Gold Winner:  TIE!  SamT87 +4 and Owlvamp +4
Silver Winner:  Three-way TIE!  Bailey4 +2 and PBLKNP +2 and yarnscrapper +2
Bronze Winner:  TIE!  crabby rat +1 and howieann +1

Staying the Course!

Addicted2patterns 0
HollyzHobbyz  0
jessicali  0
pineknott  0

Oops, I did it again!

Ellie 13  -6
ShanaEirin  -7
yarn_monkey  -10

...and (drumroll) for the Shoot the Moon!
greyhoundgrandma  -23

I've been trying to get some of my yarn better organized --it's mostly a "good luck with that" situation. But I did roll two skeins into balls....+2.

I'm on square #8 of an afghan that uses four colors. Finally used up one skein...+2  =  +4.

Archived