2016 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on square #8 of an afghan that uses four colors. Finally used up one skein...+2  =  +4.

I spent some time this afternoon organizing yarn and rolled 5 skeins into balls including one that was a horrible snarl....+5....= +9

I spent some time this afternoon organizing yarn and rolled 5 skeins into balls including one that was a horrible snarl....+5....= +9

I finished the 12 granny squares and have almost finished the first house block and have used up another skein...+2   = +11

I went to Hobby Lobby for some safety eyes yesterday evening... That dang clearance yarn jumped in my cart making my score -2. I couldn't pass up 3 skeins of ILTY at $1.19 each!! At least the colors go together and I now know what I'll do with it!

I'm jumping into the thread now! I managed to finish in the positives last year and my goal for this year is to do it again. ^_^

So I started off by donating some spare bits to the library for a sock puppet project they were doing. I gave up two skeins, and 12 balls (I tried to come up with interesting textures and colors, given the project! ^_^) so that puts me atttt....

+16 wtd

That's a great start for me! :D

Well I suspect I'm going to shoot the moon this week.  DH was at Walmart and offered to pick up some colors I'm running low on that are staples for the doll outfits I make.  I resisted the last time he made the offer, but this time I gave in and he found some great finds.

I finished the 12 granny squares and have almost finished the first house block and have used up another skein...+2   = +11

I've been working on a scarf/cowl and have used up two skeins...+4   =+15

I added you to the list, VikingRunnerGirl.

I have been busy busy busy

started to do the birdnests for the Va.Beach Wildlife Response Team again.

that really polishes off small balls of yarn quickly,I have 6 nests done and two more in various stages

wtd + 34 ytd + 39

Rosalie had an issue the other day of some milk falling into my tub of yarn... I washed it, but it didn't get the milk completely out, so when I was going through it today to find some small balls of rainbow colors for a Unicorn I'm making, I noticed it smelled like soured milk :(

On the plus side, I'm back up to +10.

WTD; +10

YTD; ​​+9

WTD -42 YTD -3

Well I suspect I shot the moon as I said earlier.  I had hoped to bring my YTD back to zero, but I want to post tonight before I forget.  I'll post anything else I finish off to next week's score. 

I finished the afghan of 100 4 in. squares. I used a skein of Aran down to about a yard (+ 2), so I didn't need the skein I got last week. I used a ball of green making shamrock pins (+ 1). I've been having fun playing with my new :yarn winder. I wound 3 partial skeins and some loose/tangled balls into neat mini skeins (+ 3, I won't count the balls, but it was fun  :D).

WTD: + 5  YTD: + 25 

Ellie 13

Archived