2016 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not part of the group anymore, but I do check in just to see what's going on with everyone.  Lhasaapsolady, please accept my sympathies on the passing of your mom-in-law.  You and your family are in my prayers.

MalisaMeesa, hope your ankle feels better.  At least you got to play with yarn through the whole ordeal.  Sending hugs!

Oh its very very broken. They thankfully didnt have to do surgery but one of the bones is basically in pieces from years of volleyball and marching band and repeated breaks this time was a tumble down a flight of stairs. Im very lucky this was the only break.

Taking just a few minutes this morning to catch my breath.  I will not have a score this weekend as my mother-in-law has passed.  Please keep my family in your thoughts.

So sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family.

I'm not part of the group anymore, but I do check in just to see what's going on with everyone.  Lhasaapsolady, please accept my sympathies on the passing of your mom-in-law.  You and your family are in my prayers.

MalisaMeesa, hope your ankle feels better.  At least you got to play with yarn through the whole ordeal.  Sending hugs!

Hello, glad you're checking in with us!

* Taking just a few minutes this morning to catch my breath.  I will not have a score this weekend as my mother-in-law has passed.  Please keep my family in your thoughts.

So sorry for your loss.

MalisaMeesa, I hope your ankle heals fast!!!

I have been snow bound for 3 days now. I'm having fun busting stash with making rectangles for Warm Up America!!!

Couldn't crochet much this week, so I will probably not have any pluses, and just bought 3 skeins of Julia... Funny story.

The hunt for Julia

I was making a loom knit baby blanket with this awesome blend of wool and acrylic, very cheap but hard to find due to its popularity. Usually, what you find is what you get, there is no more. So of course I didn't have enough for my blanket (that I started just for fun, because making hexagons on a round loom is oh so cool), and Julia is nowhere to be found. Now what?

I tell my friend to look out for it at her local store, and I start looking around. I hear a rumor that it's coming back this week, so I harass the store until they agree to keep 3 skeins in the back for me if it were to arrive. So the next day I haven't heard if it's come or not, and I go visit my sister in a far away town. And of course I find my desired Julia in a store there. (National chain of cheap clothing store that also carries good quality yarn) I buy it, and that's when I get a message that my friend has found some too. And so I return my just bought skeins. All for the points, right? But then my reserved skeins are there too, and I decide to pick those up as a safeguard.

Saturday my friend is visiting me with her load of Julia, so in the end I will have bought the same skeins 3 times and kept 2 loads of them...

And that's the story of how I ended up with -12 this week...

In the plus again... I only got -6 this week because I haven't received the skeins from my friend, and I'm not going to, I finished a skein on the loom knit blanket, +2, and I got +38 because I'm sending away a package full of yarn to a friend. It's really old, and I'm really allergic to dust so I can't use it myself. I got it from my grandmother last year. Such a waste not to use it!

So score for now: WTD: +34 YTD: +31

OH NOOOOO My mom bought me new yarn as a "sorry you're injured" so I'm so going to be in the negatives this week I had used up 2 skeins (so was +4 ) but she bought me 3 Hand dyed yarn from An Indie Dyer On Etsy. I am SOOO EXCITED!!! Even if it does bring me down to -2 for the week! maybe I can make it to 0 by tomorrow night!

Geez, I'm finally back on my laptop so I can do this right!  :)  I had high hopes for the week and then I had to start the Minion c2c graph ghan for Peanut's birthday and I needed green and orange for background colors. So I went -4 right off the bat. Then as I was working the border for the first square, I ran out of green. Sigh. So I used up a skein, but I just have to go and replace it tomorrow. Darn it. -2 so far, but I'll be back tomorrow to fix it. 

And I was going to use up some stash on the CAL Kim Guzman has going on Facebook, but I don't think I like the yarn, so back into the stash it will go and hopefully I can find something else in there because I refuse to buy more yarn for it!  :P

Well in my bed ridden state I've decided that I'm going to learn how to Knit.

attachicon.gif12705220_1260930733921786_8400554305678107297_n.jpg

so far so good I'm thinking. and in the process I'm using up a small ball!

Looks good! Making a scarf?

Well, I've had a great week as far as my numbers.  But, it's because I gifted a large bag of yarn to a local Girl Scout Troop.  They are going to make rectangles for Warm Up America. 

WTD:  +50  YTD:  +47

Finished a skein that has been in my yarn room for several years.  It was a single skein of light sport weight that I picked up at a Senior Center sale several years ago and then never had a project to match when I stopped making Barbie clothes.  Finally found a way to finish it off!!  +2

WTD +6 YTD +36

I confess I gained a few skeins this week...I got my shipment from Herrschners -- the Waffle Stitch baby blanket kit.  So:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -14 YTD -20

:devil   :devil   :devil 

So I went off to Joann's today to replace the green I ran out of last night. Naturally RHSS was in sale so I replaced the green, bought the third one I now know I'll need and also got 2 more orange that I also now know I'll need for background on the other 2 minion blocks. Sheesh.

Also I'm on my tablet again so no fancy colors. I'll fix my score tomorrow when I post scores, probably around lunchtime.

WTD -10

I crocheted three rounds on my Tides of Change (only rounds 10, 11 and 12, so not too many stitches) only to check my progress by counting those not-too-many stitches and found that I completely forgot the increases in round 11... so, frogged the last two rounds that I had just put on there.  :rofl

Oh, well, it felt great to hook for a while anyway.

Nothing used up, though.  Again. 

WTD 0

OH NOOOOO My mom bought me new yarn as a "sorry you're injured" so I'm so going to be in the negatives this week I had used up 2 skeins (so was +4 ) but she bought me 3 Hand dyed yarn from An Indie Dyer On Etsy. I am SOOO EXCITED!!! Even if it does bring me down to -2 for the week! maybe I can make it to 0 by tomorrow night!

Aparently drugs make me loopy and bad at math I had +6 this week already so with those new skeins I'm at

WTD= 0 

Archived