2016 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

Is anybody working on a temperature blanket?

I have my temps recorded so far, but haven't started. I honestly have NO clue on what pattern to use. I thought I wanted a round ripple, but I think I'd like to be able to use it on my bed, and a round one would end up HUGE I'm afraid.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+1 Finished off a skein and it wasn't enough to finish the doll blankie so I had to open another skein.  Wasn't worth rolling it as I only had a short end to finish off on the blankie.  However, I have one doll blankie done for the donation!!!!

Yessssssssssss, had yarn running through my fingers this week

and then after being away from it so long my thumb and pointer finger decided to lock up,hubby thought it was extremely funny

that I could not separate my fingers,had to wait till the muscles relaxed to get them apart

wtd +2 ytd +2

I managed to avoid temptation at the yarn shop the other night, when I went there for Open knitting and crocheting night!  I used up a skein on my Uptown Throw this week, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +2 YTD -10

:c9 

Out of town so I'm back on the tablet tonight... I had started off really well using up yarn on the Nana ghan (2 skeins +4) and then Sister and I went to a home goods consignment sale. I figured I was in the clear, but apparently "home goods" included yarn... I found 2 bags (2 skeins each) of Vanna's Choice for $4/bag and because it was the end of the sale they were 25% off. Obviously they came home with me. 4 skeins -8.

WTD -4

Hey ladies, I didn't forget about the stashbusting, but as I told greyhoundgrandma it will be hit or miss with me for a while, as my mother-in-law has terminal cancer and is on hospice.  Thankfully this week I managed to get some crafting done, which was a much need relaxation.  Below is a picture, only the border is crocheted, but it is a pattern my cousin wanted, sorry I didn't block it.  Took 1 skein of pound of love  so I'm at WTD+2

post-5880-0-17398600-1453004744_thumb.jpg

+1 Hope I'm learning my lesson.  Rolled a skein into a ball for yarn that I'm constantly untangling when I don't.  This needs to become a habit.

invest in a ball/cake winder ($15 off amazon) I LOVE MINE best thing I've ever bought that's yarn related!

Archived