2016 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching all the news about the blizzard makes me very happy that I now live in the south!  I grew up in Ohio & Michigan, and I learned how to crochet during the blizzard of 1978.  :flake   I sure hope everyone is doing okay!  We usually don't have "real" winters here in Texas, but I truly hate some of the temperature swings we have.  This week, it's ranged from the mid-sixties to wind chills in the teens.  That's probably why I've got a case of bronchitis right now.  :sick   But, it's given me the chance to get a little bit of crocheting done this weekend.  I used up three balls in my stash, but then I went and bought a skein of Caron Simply Soft.  So, not a great score this week, but at least something!

WTD:  +1  YTD:  -3  

Lot of late nights this week, so did some hat and scarf sets.  Just in time for the snow, over 2 ft here and the wind is still howling.  WTD+24

Looks like you matched your score to the inches of snow!  LOL  Be careful out there... :hug

I was going to do something yarny today.  I promise, I was.  I have zero inspiration, so I can't tell you what that yarny thing might have been, but it's a moot point anyway because it never happened... :(

Perhaps tomorrow.  We shall see.  I also have things I need to do for my job tomorrow, and I suppose that needs to happen first.  LOL

:hug

WTD 0

WTD: -8 YTD: -8...

I guess that probably makes me the chump... I almost never buy yarn, but this week I went to two stores because I was almost out of white and black!

Welcome to the group! Sometimes you just have to restock!

Scores for the week ending 1/24/16

Gold Medal Winner: lhasaapsolady +24

Silver Medal Winner: Bailey4 +8

Bronze Medal Winner: owlvlamp +7 & SamT87 +7

Yarn flying all over the house:

MalisaMeesa +5

GreyhoundGrandma +4

Ellie13 +4  

ladychris2010 +2  

PBLKNP +2

Yarnscrapper +2

AddictedtoYarn +1

Pineknot +1

HollyzHobbyz +1

Holding steady:

Jessicali 

CrabbyRat

Using some; getting some:

Shoot the Moon Winner: ShanaEirin -8

+1 Starting the week rolling a ball to work on another doll dress.  This is where I start getting into a bit of trouble.  I think this is the last skein of pale pink I have.  So while I'm glad to be making stuff with yarn on hand, I use lots of pink, so I'm going to eventually have to get more.

Y'all are on the ball already!! I'm struggling.. I just don't even feel like picking up a hook. Maybe it's because I only brought enough yarn with me to work on my temp ghan.. Not sure why I didn't pack more =/

Y'all are on the ball already!! I'm struggling.. I just don't even feel like picking up a hook. Maybe it's because I only brought enough yarn with me to work on my temp ghan.. Not sure why I didn't pack more =/

You can never take too many projects! LOL

Bleh, I have an order for a panda bear, and I may have to get more yarn for that... I can't seem to be able to help myself! We'll see, I ask the person who ordered it if it's ok to do with the yarn I already have. Otherwise I might just do it double stranded.

Well there went my score... 

Bought a pattern to work on since the only yarn I brought with me was for my temperature ghan. 

I got 3 different shades of purple and aran so I can make a dragon fly afghan by Charmed by Ewe. 

Archived