2016 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

I used up skein #5 and rolled #6 into a ball and finished the basket...+3 = +12.

I added you to the list, crabby rat.

That virus shawl is really pretty--very tempting to try it.

I'm only about 11 rows in but it's pretty easy to work up so far, one of those things you can do and watch tv and not worry about messing up too badly. I'm using RH Unforgettable in Dragonfly and the self-striping type yarns seem to work really well on this pattern. 

Finished up a skein on my final Moogly square +2. That's one positive against all my negative for the week at least, even if I don't manage anything else!  :D

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished up another skein on the last Moogly square... Bittersweet though because I only had the last side of the square and another row... Now I need to buy more. Isn't that always the way? Lol

I'm headed to Hobby Lobby and probably Joann's today for yarn for three afghans/blankets. Between substituting different brands and size skeins and being paranoid about running out before I finish, I know my +14 is going to become a not so pretty number!

Wow, didn't even realize we had started counting already lol. That's what happens when I skim the first post.. :( Guess I better get to hookin' more today, because I'm still sitting at 0! At least I'm not in the negative though.

Long day, horrid crowds in the stores and 24 skeins later....-48  +14  = -34. Sadly, I had to come home and order 6 more skeins that I couldn't find, but it'll be next week or later before it gets here. So get out those gift cards and head to the store. I might get one more skein finished off, but probably not more than that.

I added you to the list, MalisaMeesa.

I know what you mean, Holly. I wish I could have gotten my buying and ordering negatives all in the same week and gotten it over with.

Hope the starting over goes quickly, Pam. I hate frogging but sometimes that's the only choice you have.

I'm in too! I fell off the wagon last year but with all the crocheting I'm likely to be doing this year due to finally starting an online shop selling things plus hopping on the bandwagon for the temperature afghan that a lot of people are doing in facebook crochet groups I'm in, I think I've somewhat got a good chance of keeping up this year.

I'm in too! I fell off the wagon last year but with all the crocheting I'm likely to be doing this year due to finally starting an online shop selling things plus hopping on the bandwagon for the temperature afghan that a lot of people are doing in facebook crochet groups I'm in, I think I've somewhat got a good chance of keeping up this year.

I added you to the list. I ran across a temperature scarf to knit or crochet a few years back, but decided it would be way too long to be practical when crocheted. I'll be interested in seeing how your temperature afghan is going.

I added you to the list. I ran across a temperature scarf to knit or crochet a few years back, but decided it would be way too long to be practical when crocheted. I'll be interested in seeing how your temperature afghan is going.

I'll definitely keep you all posted on how it turns out. Though honestly, I might just end up with twelve, one for each month. I'm doing a small granny square a day. Basically knock out a square first thing each day and then do any other crocheting I might have planned.

Put me on the list. I've been busy at work so not much   :crocheting time. Now that the holidays are over it should get back to normal at work. Of course I worked a lot of extra hours, so more $$ = more :yarn. Plus I got a gift card to A.C. Moore for Christmas :D.

WTD: 0  YTD: 0

Ellie 13

:yay  HAPPY NEW YEAR!  :party

Long day, horrid crowds in the stores and 24 skeins later....-48  +14  = -34. Sadly, I had to come home and order 6 more skeins that I couldn't find, but it'll be next week or later before it gets here. So get out those gift cards and head to the store. I might get one more skein finished off, but probably not more than that.

First skein used us on a baby blanket...+2

WTD -32

I don't believe I'll be getting any skeins or balls used up tonight because I'm still about half way through the pink & started my afghan with & have about half way to go, then the border, so I'm posting my scores now.

Week 1 ending 1/2/16; -12

Archived