2016 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to rip out the Uptown Throw down to the first few rows, so I didn't use up a skein after all.  Also, I lost my mind at our LYS's annual year-end sale and used my gift certificate to buy 7 skeins of yarn for a sweater, so...

Stashbuster Total: WTD -14 YTD -14

:devil   :devil   :devil

Looks like we're all starting this year off with a bang!! Lol! I wound up having to buy another skein to finish up the 2015 Moogly CAL so I'm finishing the week at 

WTD -24

Oops. I'm hoping for lots of positives next week!  :D

Part of what I ordered came and wiped out my positive. I still have several skeins on their way, though. I do have some that are ready to run out, though, so next week may not be totally disastrous... maybe???

WTD: -8 YTD: -8

WTD scores for the first week of 2016:

Gold Medal Winner: Tie: SamT87 and MalisaMessa +13

Silver Medal Winner: ladychris2010 +1

(Running a little late, but using up stash) Addicted2patterns +2

Holding the line at 0:

Ellie 13

yarnscrapper

pineknott

crabby rat

owlvamp

Planning projects and using gift cards:

HollyzHobbyz -4

howieann -8

jessicali -12

PBLKNP -14

yarn_monkey -24

Not setting a good example:

Shoot the Moon Winner: greyhoundgrandma -32

A good first week with lots of stashbusting and some projects in the works.

Finally in the positives for this week. +2 Finished a skein of Shocking Pink out on a small c2c graph afghan I'm working on. Not quite done yet, BUT put me in the positive lol. 

Finally in the positives for this week. +2 Finished a skein of Shocking Pink out on a small c2c graph afghan I'm working on. Not quite done yet, BUT put me in the positive lol. 

Any comments about making a c2c graph afghan. I've done c2cs before--no problem, but no kind of graph afghan. I saw one with different Christmas blocks that tempted me, but I wondered how much of a pain changing colors would be.

Any comments about making a c2c graph afghan. I've done c2cs before--no problem, but no kind of graph afghan. I saw one with different Christmas blocks that tempted me, but I wondered how much of a pain changing colors would be.

Honestly, it's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. It's the first ever graphghan I've done, it's only 30 blocks by 30 blocks (in double crochet stitches) but it's taken me a bit. My thing is I am going to have to get over my intimidation of bobbins. I have loose ends everywhere that I'm going to have to weave in. I'd do it over again just like this though if I had to, with the exception of weaving those ends in as I go! I'll get my camera out later & post a picture!

One of my goals this year is to teach myself (and do) a graphgahn. I want to do the sc row style. (I have yet to learn how to do C2C).

I saw a polka dot baby blanket on pintrest that was very cute and only two colors... :reyes

Stashbusting:  I have used 2 skeins but I bought 2 skeins. Maybe by Saturday I'll use up another skein. :yes

One of my goals this year is to teach myself (and do) a graphgahn. I want to do the sc row style. (I have yet to learn how to do C2C).

I saw a polka dot baby blanket on pintrest that was very cute and only two colors... :reyes

Stashbusting:  I have used 2 skeins but I bought 2 skeins. Maybe by Saturday I'll use up another skein. :yes

I've also got a SC one in the works also! lol. I'm in a group on facebook where all the graphs are $3, no exception unless you want a custom one rushed. They also have a great selection of free graphs, which is where I got the 2 I'm currently working on!!

As promised, here's my picture of my progress yesterday.

post-46820-0-47147400-1452265144_thumb.jpg

I didn't get nearly as much of the ends weaved in as I'd have liked yesterday, but those will be done today & I will then figure out a border. I am thinking most likely a picot edging, but I might also do a shell or something... Not sure lol. It WILL be done in light pink though.

Nice shawls! You're really working through your stash!

I've also got a SC one in the works also! lol. I'm in a group on facebook where all the graphs are $3, no exception unless you want a custom one rushed. They also have a great selection of free graphs, which is where I got the 2 I'm currently working on!!

As promised, here's my picture of my progress yesterday.

attachicon.gifheart.jpg

I didn't get nearly as much of the ends weaved in as I'd have liked yesterday, but those will be done today & I will then figure out a border. I am thinking most likely a picot edging, but I might also do a shell or something... Not sure lol. It WILL be done in light pink though.

That's a lot of ends--but worth it-- pretty!

Jessicali, that is beautiful!!! I like your little captions on the photos  :lol

Thanks for posting the photos.

Haha Thanks ;) I've been posting pictures of my progress via snap chat, so did it that way so people would know lol. 

Beautiful work both of you.  I hate the thousand ends when you are done, but the pictures you can make are beautiful.  I did a cat one for my niece two years ago and it was quite nice.  The endless sewing not so nice.  I finally was able to get the yarn bobbins I liked online again.  I can't find them in the stores anymore.

I wrestled a skein into submission as a ball.  I was working fine from the skein until I had to frog it when I realized about 10 rows in the starting chain was wrong.  Then it got horribly tangled and had to be dealt with as a ball. +1

Archived