2016 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I knew I'd go into the negatives today because I went to Hobby Lobby to get some stuff to make my 9 year old son his shirt & ears for his school play tomorrow night (He chose to be a sheep...) Anyways, As usual, I checked the clearance aisle & they coincindentally had the 2 colors I'm doing a blanket in, and I needed 2 more skeins of those colors anyways, so I grabbed them.

Finished Rosalie's Tutu Dress... ​Rolled the rest of a skein of light grey into a ball. +1 means I'm at -3 now.

just a little crochet this week

was looking over the wildlife site and they mentioned nests that would fit a golf ball,guess that would be for just one single tiny bird

made one last night, width about 2 inches,boy talk about small,well then I had to hunt for a golf ball,luckily yrs ago hubby was a golfer

wtd +3 ytd + 84

I bought a skein of yarn -2 used of three skeins +6

Previous score +10 +6 = 16 -2 =+14 Used up 6 balls.+6

WTD +20

I will have more to count before the night is over. Crocheting all my little balls now.

Plus making a few Owl pillows.

WTD+20

This will be final score and if I have more will put on next week.

I've been working on a cowl for a friend's teacup auction to benefit a boy fighting cancer, and managed to use up one skein, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +2 YTD -12

:c9 

Finished off a skein of yellow on the Minions and need to replace it but I won't get anywhere to do that until at least Monday. I have several other skeins from that project nearing their ends, but not quite there yet. Maybe next week!

WTD + 2

Good Afternoon Everybody!  Please forgive me...I almost forgot about posting the scores today!  :oops It's been raining all week here in North Texas, and today we're having a "beautiful" day!  The sun's out & the temperature is wonderful!  We took the opportunity to put in some new flowers this morning.  But I did get the scores for this week...so here you go:

Gold Medal Winner:  owlvamp  +20

Silver Medal Winner:  greyhoundgrandma  +8

Bronze Medal Winner:  Bailey4  +4

Using up yarn:  HollyzHobbyz  +3

pineknott  +3

Addicted2patterns  +2

howieann  +2

PBLKNP  +2

yarn_monkey  +2

yarnscrapper  +2

Ellie 13  +1

Holding Steady:  ShanaEirin  0

And, "Shooting the Moon":  jessicali  -3

Thanks for posting the scores, Holly! Glad you're having a nice day after the rains. We're had a little sun peek through the clouds today, but still have a chance of rain tonight. I've emptied 9" of rain out of the gauge this week.

Good Afternoon Everybody!  Please forgive me...I almost forgot about posting the scores today!  :oops It's been raining all week here in North Texas, and today we're having a "beautiful" day!  The sun's out & the temperature is wonderful!  We took the opportunity to put in some new flowers this morning.  But I did get the scores for this week...so here you go:

Gold Medal Winner:  owlvamp  +20

Silver Medal Winner:  greyhoundgrandma  +8

Bronze Medal Winner:  Bailey4  +4

Using up yarn:  HollyzHobbyz  +3

pineknott  +3

Addicted2patterns  +2

howieann  +2

PBLKNP  +2

yarn_monkey  +2

yarnscrapper  +2

Ellie 13  +1

Holding Steady:  ShanaEirin  0

And, "Shooting the Moon":  jessicali  -3

I'll get them posted next weekend...

And on that note.. I made a trip to Michael's today.. Caron One Pounds were on sale for like $6.29, I needed 4.5 for an afghan...

5 skeins later I'm at -10.. Time to get hookin'!

LADIES!!! I feel like I haven't been here in for ever. (but that will change soon as I'm getting home wifi on Mon) I have a question. my job is 12 hour shifts Friday through Sunday and by the time I get home (830pm)and eat and shower, 11-1130pm with my cast on my ankle I'm tired and ready to go to bed, and have forgotten to post my scores for I don't even remember how long is anyone opposed to me posting my week scores on Thursday evenings? I'll still keep track of one week at a time just mine would start on Friday and end at 11:59 on Thursday night.

LADIES!!! I feel like I haven't been here in for ever. (but that will change soon as I'm getting home wifi on Mon) I have a question. my job is 12 hour shifts Friday through Sunday and by the time I get home (830pm)and eat and shower, 11-1130pm with my cast on my ankle I'm tired and ready to go to bed, and have forgotten to post my scores for I don't even remember how long is anyone opposed to me posting my week scores on Thursday evenings? I'll still keep track of one week at a time just mine would start on Friday and end at 11:59 on Thursday night.

Posting on Thursday is certainly ok. Others have sometimes posted early because of trips, company, etc.

Went to Walmart on Tuesday and replaced that yellow RHSS that I ran out of over the weekend (-2) and then finished a skein of ILTY in Mulberry on Sophie (+2) and then DH and I made a Goodwill run... Yikes. I still don't know how I had that much yarn that I won't be using... 35 skeins (+70) and 38 balls (+38). Yikes. Looks like I need to go shopping!! :lol  :lol  :lol   So far I'm at +108 for the week! We all know it's only temporary and downhill from here!  ;)

Archived