2016 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did some crocheting this week, but I'm working on a big skein of baby yarn, so no progress...

WTD 0

Sad day--our 12 yo furbaby died tonight--Prissy the raccoon. She's been sick for 3 months so I know she's better off now, but boy are we going to miss her. 12 years sure leave a big hole in your heart.

Did some crocheting this week, but I'm working on a big skein of baby yarn, so no progress...

WTD 0

Sad day--our 12 yo furbaby died tonight--Prissy the raccoon. She's been sick for 3 months so I know she's better off now, but boy are we going to miss her. 12 years sure leave a big hole in your heart.

So sorry about your furbabby.  Even when you know it is for the best it is never easy to say goodbye.  Peace to you and your family.

Mother in law came & grabbed a couple skeins of my yarn this morning (with permission this time.....) so +4 making me -6. I've finished off 4 more brand new skeins of cotton on some dish cloths so another +8. Making me at

+2 for the week.

Gold Medal Winner:  yarn_monkey    +108

Silver Medal Winner:  owlvamp  +17

Bronze Medal Winner:  MalisaMeesa   +5

Using up yarn: 

MalisaMeesa   +5
SamT87  +4
HollyzHobbyz  +3
Jessicali   +2
Bailey4   +1

Holding Steady:

yarnscrapper  0
PBLKNP  0
Addicted2patterns  0
VikingRunnerGirl  0
pineknott  0
greyhoundgrandma  0
ShanaEirin   0

And, "Shooting the Moon": 

Someone help me figure out how to do this!!! LoL!!

Thanks for posting the scores, Jessica! That's great--no negatives this week. Next week is the last week of the month, so I'll post both the WTD and YTD scores.

Thanks, Bailey4! Like any loss, it will get easier with time, I know.

I finished the baby blanket I was working on, but not the skein. I need to get focused on one project at a time instead of working on three or four.

My computer apparently decided not to post this last night...

Slowly using up some yarn on a couple of projects. My sister is bringing me some yarn that she doesn't want on Easter, though, so my numbers will be ugly that week!

WTD: +3 YTD: -52

I made some bunny pins and finished the bunny last week and rolled down the skein (+1), but I forgot to add it, so I was going to add it to this week, but forgot again   :oops . With Easter next week, I'm working extra hours so I might not get much  :crocheting time in.

WTD: + 1  YTD: + 39

Ellie 13

Totally forgot to post an official WTD last night, so thanks for catching my score from earlier in the week. It was all accurate, so nothing was left out.  :)

My grandmother gave me some yarn at Peanut's birthday party on Saturday and that finally came in from the trunk this afternoon. 3 skeins and a ball (-7) and Sister and I went to Target today and I had to check out the clearance section in their little craft department. I think the regular price on their yarn is just outrageous but they had two of their 2-packs in the clearance section for $3 and change a piece, so home with me they came! Not sure what they'll turn into, but they were pretty lol (-8) 

I've got several skeins I'm about to finish off on Sophie, so hopefully I'll make back some of that ground I just lost before the end of the week.  :D

Oh dear, I have been very, very bad. I just placed an order with Knit Picks...I think it ended up being 46 skeins. It's for 2 temperature throws. Luckily they are 3.5 oz skeins, so hopefully they'll go quickly. I really had no idea how many I needed of the colors. But it was 15% off and free shipping.

Sorry! I've been a bit sick, so I didn't get to post. Let's see, last week, I bought 3 skeins, rolled 2 balls and finished another skein, so -2.

This week I've almost finished 2 skeins, but not quite. It's just that there's so little left that I can't really do anything with it at this point. Don't really wanna buy more of that color...

Archived