2014 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another crochetless week for me.  I am working on sewing a dress to wear to a family member's wedding in a few months.  But I did find myself suckered in by a big yarn sale today, so finishing up the week in the negative,  but I was quite well behaved and only bought 2.

WTD = -4

I've been working on scrappy granny blankets for the girls' dolls. This week I managed to use up lots of little ends. I also finished out a skein for my 8 year old's blanket.

WTD: +9 / YTD: -70

I forgot to post yesterday.  I'm glad I'm not too late.

I've been working on baby stuff and prayer shawls, but used up only one ball.  Deadlines are approaching.  I really need to carve out time for myself to sit and hook away!

For week ending June 14, 2014:

WTD:  +1  /   YTD:  -101

Hug your dad, if you are able, or call him and tell him "I love you."  Time is shorter than we ever can imagine. 

Weekly scores...  EIDITING FOR A BIG BOOBOO

:cheer  :clap GOLD MEDAL with a great score!

SamT87 +11  :clap  :cheer 

Silver Medal

howieann +9

Bronze

FrLopLady +6

Using up stash...

llie 13 +4

greyhoundgrandma +2

CLLinda +2

ladychris2010 +1

BigPinkPolkaDot +1

Hold steady

Pineknott

tnkycrochetnut 0

PLBKNP 0

Buying new..

vikingrunnergirl -3

:cheer And the shoot the moon winner!!  

treetybirds87 -4 :cheer 

sad score for STM..but I've done it with similar..now don't you wish you'd gone and bought a lot more????  :lol  :D

sad score for STM..but I've done it with similar..now don't you wish you'd gone and bought a lot more????  :lol  :D

Isn't that the truth!! You never know where a score will put you on the list from one week to the next!

I think you are right SamT87.

I couldn't post scores yesterday, but it would have been 0 anyways. We were out of town and I was having issues with my wrist last week. My wrist feels much better now after taking a break.

I used up 2 small cotton skeins on the travel home today though. Starting off this week with a +4.

lol,that had me shocked too,when I seen it

my week to date was 0 this week and + 58 was my year to date score

I see we were posting at the same time, well as they say easy come easy go

good luck to whoever the recipient is for top honors this week

I used up the rest of a skein wrapping a Father's Day gift today, so I'm at a +2 already.

But "I love this Yarn" is on Sale, so I have to be careful.  I tell myself that I'm just going to buy some glue.  We shall see how many skeins follow me home.

:manyheart

I missed posting my goose egg this week... :rofl  However, I have been crocheting and thus far today I have rolled 3 skeins down!  So I'm starting this week in the positive.  That may be all I get, but as long as I don't buy any more, I should be good... 

:hug

I knew better than to go into Hobby Lobby for just glue.  Three skeins jumped in my cart, along with markers, paper and some other things.  Oh, and some glue too.

Dangerous store!

I didn't get a chance to post so it's looking good that I'll shoot the moon this week.   I'll just combine my scores DH brought home more Homespun for me from Walmart, yesterday. -14 and I used up one skein on a Prayer Shawl today +2 

So adding -12 to last week's score to start the week.

I didn't get to post Saturday as we were traveling...no yarn usage though.

I am emptying a storage unit, downsizing, and moving the rest across 2 states.  I gave away and in a few cases threw away:

55 skeins and 23 balls of yarn today.  I will have to get rid of even more yarn....there are probably still 9 large rubbermaid bins of yarn in my unit.  I am also getting rid of beading supplies, art supplies and books.  Both for individuals and via 4 different organizations like Salvation Army and ARC. Also the local Catholic School...so that would be 5 organizations.

What to I have...a 5 x 10 storage unit that was crammed full top to bottom and front to back.

How much can I keep.....what will fit in a 5 X 8 trailer pulled behind the pickup bed (using pickup bed too).  5 X 8 trailer is of course less than half the height of the storage unit.

I will be a Stashbusting Queen, but it is so HARD to see all my stuff leave. 

Archived