2014 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0 for the week ending 5/17/14.

Been getting ready for a garage sale for the American Cancer Society.  Not much time to craft at all.  But we do the garage sale for Relay for Life, to honor those who have lost their fight, who are fighting, and for those who have beat cancer.  It's our 11th year of garage sales. 

Putting in my totals!

This was a slow week, stash-wise, as I did work on all my projects, but didn't manage to use up a skein, so:

WTD = 0

YTD = -72

:manyheart

I actually crocheted some today!   :yay  Unfortunately, I didn't use enough yarn to count (yet) so my score is still shaped like a goose-egg... :rofl

WTD 0 / YTD +9 week ending 5/17/2014

A nice healthy score for me this week

WTD: +5 

this week.  Slightly late to post today as I was celebrating my birthday yesterday and completely forgot, but it's handy when my best friend is the one doing the scores and reminds me!! Thanks SamT87.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and productive week!  I'm hoping for a nice big score as I have a week off, and I think I want to make some things for donating and get some work done on some big projects. 

xxx

Well done this week everyone!!

Gold - Shining_Star 21
Silver - treetybird87 & SamT87 & 5
Bronze - greyhoundgrandma & Addicted2patterns 4

Ellie 13 1
CLLinda 0
BigPinkPolkaDot 0
Bailey4 0
tnkycrochetnut 0
PBLKNP 0
crabby rat 0
prettywoman030981 -4

Shoot the Moon homesteadingwife -6

Thanks for posting, SamT87! I was really surprised by a bronze!

I hope to have more crocheting time this week. I sure miss it when I don't. I did finish a baby blanket and will be starting back on some Christmas presents.

DIL took about 20 dishcloths home Friday--at least somewhat diminished my stack. Am I the only one that crochets stuff with no home planned for it and then has trouble finding a home for everything? One of the problems of living in a rural area is not many organized charity opportunities.

I'm doing some prayer shawls and they use up more yarn than my doll projects so I'm hoping to bust some of this stash.  Already dug into some ILTY I bought for a project I never got around to making for my next one.  Hopefully this should be a good stash busting week. :yes

Well...I dozed off last night and missed posting my scores, so I will put my numbers in now to start the week over:

WTD +4, YTD +35

I used 1 skein and rolled 2 skeins into balls .I've started a new ripple blanket.  Some of the skeins I am using are smallish and should go quickly, and a couple of the skeins I'm using are pound sized and won't go very fast.  

Happy yarnplay everyone  :manyheart

Garage sale went fantastic.  Made over $1,200 for the American Cancer Society.  Someone even bought some yarn that I donated.  It was awful feeling and very old and I just couldn't stand it.

So now it's time to crochet again!

I have been busting quite a bit of yarn this week.  Working on a few items for a silent auction for a friend of mine who is battling lung cancer.  The benefit is in June, so I only have a few weeks to go.

So far, I have used up 10 points of yarn!

WTD=+10 YTD=+82

Posting early.  Looks like a busy weekend ahead.  Exercise class, cleaning, and then off to the beach for some time in the sun.

:manyheart

I have been good about not buying yarn and only using up my stash, but I've finally run out of some staple colors in worsted that I use frequently and I needed some bulky yarn that I never buy unless I have a purpose for it.  Thankfully I hit sales at AC Moore and JoAnn's.  Was even able to get an additional 10% off of the Pounders on sale at JoAnns so I was pleased.

-16 for today

Since I'm working off a pounder at the moment I will likely not finish more today.

That leaves me with -12 WTD -76 YTD

Bit of a nightmare today as our fish tank broke and smashed all over our floor!!! Hopefully we've saved the fish but the tank needs replacing so been looking to get a new home for them almost all day! Therefore no crochet time today and this is normally my best day.

Also spent a lot of the week spring cleaning my house so am very please with my score of;

WTD: 11

YTD; 10

Oh no Sam that's awful!  I hope those lil guys are ok!  

I had a great week off from work, and barely moved from the sofa, crocheted like a demon!  A really great score this week for me, and a great dent in the stash.

WTD: +34  :D

Thanks everyone!

Cleaning, cooking, dishes, laundry...too many chores and not enough crochet.  I did go to AC Moore the beginning of the week, though, with coupons in hand and ideas bouncing around in my head.  Bought four skeins to crochet a cocoon and hat for my neice.  She and her husband are expecting their first child and the shower is in a couple of weeks.

For week ending May 24, 2014:

WTD:  -8   /  YTD:  -95

We went to my families house last weekend in NM. Sunday night my grandmother brought over 2 boxes she had been saving for me. One contained tons of crochet patterns and pattern books. The other contained a partially finished afghan and the yarn to finish it. 3 big pounders. These boxes were my aunts, who taught me to crochet. She passed away 10 1/2 years ago.

I managed to use up 3 skeins on my own afghan this week so my score is a wash, but I really made an emotional score!

WTD: 0

Archived