2014 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question - if I donate a half of a skein is that one point?

That's a judgement call. If you started out with a full skein and used some of it (whenever) and then give away the rest that's 2 points. If you acquired half a skein and then give it away, one point is probaby fair. Is that clear as mud!?!?

That's a judgement call. If you started out with a full skein and used some of it (whenever) and then give away the rest that's 2 points. If you acquired half a skein and then give it away, one point is probaby fair. Is that clear as mud!?!?

Got it. Thanks. They started out as shiney new, store bought yarn.

+2 Finished another skein of Homespun.  The upside is I'm working through the stuff I bought.  Downside is I'm going to need to buy more bulky yarn because when I'm done with the stuff I bought, I'm out completely.

I would love to join this Stash-buster CAL since I have not done any CAL's before as I make & donated things to Hospice however every few weeks or so I get free donated yarn from Hospice to do my projects some weeks it can be 10 skeins or more...I think I would be in the negative all the time lmao...:O) shakes head in shame...

I would love to join this Stash-buster CAL since I have not done any CAL's before as I make & donated things to Hospice however every few weeks or so I get free donated yarn from Hospice to do my projects some weeks it can be 10 skeins or more...I think I would be in the negative all the time lmao...:O) shakes head in shame...

Glad to have you join us. I find that the CAL helps me to focus on using up my yarn although I still acquire for specific projects and when it's on sale.

Since I found more stash while spring cleaning I decided to sort/organize it. I haven't used any yet because I don't know what to make. I have crocheters block :lol .

WTD: 0  YTD: + 45

Ellie 13

Today I used up a skein of cotton, and rolled leftover yarn from another project into a ball. So then currently I am at a negative score of 5. I am still hoping on using up some more cotton but will see.

WTD=+3  YTD=+83

I'm posting early.  Looks like a busy weekend ahead.  Did the "Relay for Life" last night with my friends.  It's very weird to see your name on a luminary as you walk around the track.  This is the 2nd year as a survivor for me.  It's very humbling.

:manyheart

I have been crocheting this week but just not using enough yarn to count.  So that makes my count for the week ending 6/7/2014:

WTD: 0

:shrug:faint:shrug:faint:shrug

Archived