2014 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

Went shopping yesterday and came home with 22 skeins of yarn.  So this week, I'm again in the negative with -44.  I'm hoping to have some used this week so that I can knock a few of those points down.

Gotta love adding to stash.

Have a great day!  We're in the 90's again today.  Suppose to be that way for most of the week.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you ever hidden your yarn and then  can't find it when you need it?  I went to get the second skein out and it was MIA.  Took me about an hour to find the skein that was in with another project.

I'm now at a -1.  Will try to get to the positives this week.  We shall see if I am successful.

I have been doing some serious destashing this week.  I wish I could say this score was because of all the crocheting I'm doing, but there isn't a single skein that I've used up by crocheting. I am heading into a weekend where there is NO WAY I will get much hooking done lol.

So my score this week 

WTD +75

Finally back home to Arizona.  This evening after it cools off a little we are going to unload the trailer.

Tuesday and Wednesday I got rid of a ton more yarn.  I lost count after 275 skeins and 50 more balls were  gone.  Added together with what I got rid of on Monday, my finals score this week is 330 skeins and 73 balls of yarn gone.  This yarn went to friends, the Catholic School Bi-Annual Yard Sale, and Goodwill/Salvation Army......and I actually threw some away.  One of the rubbermaid bins of yarn smelled really funky.  I don't know what got down in there, but I threw it all away. In the yarn given away there were 88 little skeins of what appeared to be sport weight acrylic yarn (brown) that someone once gave me....I don't even remember ever seeing them before.  :shrug

The scary thing is:  probably close to half of the 5 X 8 trailer we pulled down here from Wyoming was full of yarn.  My dad said if I got rid of all the yarn, the rest of my stuff would have fit in the back of the pickup.... :think  :tup When we got home my mom said, "Now you are going to go out and buy more yarn right?" ;)

Final score this week:  WTD +773 YTD +874   :clap  :cry

Amazing what a forced move can make you do.

My name is Shannon and I am a yarn addict. I wouldn't even go into the LYS to say Hi, because I was thinking of all the lovely local wool yarn that I cannot afford, don't need, but wanted to get because it is wonderful yarn and I would not be living there anymore......

No crocheting done this week....I think I will crochet something while I relax here on my last day off until it cools off enough to empty the trailer 

Darn Free yarn!  It was Free yarn day at Knitting group.  Another group donates their leftovers to our group, and then we all pick and choose.  Well, 8 skeins and 2 balls followed me and jumped in my knitting bag.  There goes my score, again.

Posting early.  Lots of things to do today.  Maybe even some yarn time.  We shall see.

WTD= -17  YTD= +68

I made a potholder, used a skein of Sugar and Cream (+2). I also finished the squares for the baby afghan and   :crocheting them together. I used a skein of Monet (+2), but still not much of the pounder. I'm 1/2 way through the border and it looks like I won't use enough to roll it down :sigh. I've got to get more :yarn next week. The Crochet Crowd summer challenge needs 9 RHSS skeins :eek . Maybe there'll be 7 oz. left on the pounder that I can use.

WTD: + 4   YTD: + 53

Ellie 13

Well, it was a slightly more successful week, stash-wise.  I've been finishing up my Reader's Shawl, and managed to finally make it through a skein, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +2 YTD -70

:manyheart

Hey there Yarnaholics!  What an INCREDIBLE week!  A cumulative positive score of nearly 900!!!  Only one post in the -'s

My goodness what a repost, well here is what you have all been waiting for.... 

GOLD MEDAL with a score that begs for an "OH MY WORD!!"  Shannart +773 !!!!!  :c9 

Silver Medal

FrLopLady +75

Bronze

Shining_Star +12

Using up stash...

SamT87 +10

Pliefeld +4

Ellie13 +4

greyhoundgrandma +4

Bailey4 +2

PBLKNP +2

Pineknott +1

Holding steady...

tnkycrochetnut 0

BigPinkPolkaDot 0

Addicted2Patterns 0

TreetyBird87 0

Buying new..

:manyheartAnd the shoot the moon winner!!   CLLinda -17 :yay    

Well darn that free yarn indeed!

I hope I haven't missed anyone!  I think there may have been a couple of other lower scores from some of the messages during the week, but those are all that posted at the end of the week I'm afraid.  

Right, time for me to go and enjoy some sunshine!

:ty 

I forgot to post yesterday! My score will say CCLINDA!

WTD -78

YTD -68

First time all year that I am the Shoot the Moon winner.  I will be happy to do the scorekeeping next weekend.

:manyheart

Archived