2014 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

Hi Shannart, hope all goes well for your mom :hug.

I finished the bear and made 2 squares for the Stitch-Cation Challenge. I used 5 colors already, if I use 2 or 3 colors per square I'll get more than 8 colors used. I rolled down the skein of brown from the bear (+1) and will add it to the challenge pile. I used 2 balls on the squares (+2). Each square is going to be totally different in color schemes my afghan will look like a crazy quilt :lol.

WTD: + 10  YTD: + 70

Ellie 13

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I managed to use up two skeins and roll two others down to balls this week!!!  :yay

WTD +6 / YTD +18

Sorry I can't change the color - not sure if it's my computer or the site right now...  I'm guessing it's my computer.  :lol

I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable Independence Day!!

:hug

Thank you everyone for your kind words, thoughts, and prayers. Mom is doing much better today, thank God.  They have determined it was drug interactions. She doesn't even remember yesterday at all. She is still hospitalized and being monitored while they adjust her medications.

I have been crocheting and resting all day...trying to renew myself physically and emotionally.

There are at least 30 projects I really want to do.....wish I could crochet just a little faster. Some of them are complex and I have to watch every line of the patterns.....but a joy to make and beautiful when completed.

I'm so glad to hear they figured out what the problem was!!  I doubt I would have thought about a medication interaction problem... I hope your Mom is back home, safe and sound, and right as rain SOON!!!  :hug

sold 2, used up 1.  Will be rolling 2 more into tiny balls or I just might throw them.  But I did make it to Hobby Lobby on the 3rd...oops.  Need to assess that damage yet, but I used some self control... well maybe a little

rolled the 2, bought 10

WTD: -12

Hi all...

My numbers this week are: Used 1 Skein, 4 balls and rolled 3 Skeins into balls........+9

Frogged one UFO, 4 balls of yarn..........................................................................-4

WTD: +5   YTD: +895

Frogged an unfinished project which I started 3 years ago.  I never finished it because the  yarn/stitch combination didn't have the drape I wanted. The frogged UFO is part of the minimizing/simplifying of my life that began the end of last year when I had to move.  And then continued with the recent trip to Wyoming to empty my storage unit, get rid of a lot, and moving stuff down here.

I promised myself I would complete, rework, frog to regain supplies, or toss any unfinished craft objects I came across.

My mom came home from the hospital today.  Her blood work is all messed up, and she has cirrhosis  of the liver. She only drinks once or twice a year...so they believe the damage is from 40+ years on assorted pain medications. Her disorientation was a result of medication interactions. They think that is straight now, but the doctor in the hospital told her the liver was so bad she was dying...and he was a very rude and tactless man.

We see her regular doctor Monday and hope to get the straight story.  I mother has had numerous health problems since before I was 5 years old...I will be 45 this year.

Hi all...

My numbers this week are: Used 1 Skein, 4 balls and rolled 3 Skeins into balls........+9

Frogged one UFO, 4 balls of yarn..........................................................................-4

WTD: +5   YTD: +895

Frogged an unfinished project which I started 3 years ago.  I never finished it because the  yarn/stitch combination didn't have the drape I wanted. The frogged UFO is part of the minimizing/simplifying of my life that began the end of last year when I had to move.  And then continued with the recent trip to Wyoming to empty my storage unit, get rid of a lot, and moving stuff down here.

I promised myself I would complete, rework, frog to regain supplies, or toss any unfinished craft objects I came across.

My mom came home from the hospital today.  Her blood work is all messed up, and she has cirrhosis  of the liver. She only drinks once or twice a year...so they believe the damage is from 40+ years on assorted pain medications. Her disorientation was a result of medication interactions. They think that is straight now, but the doctor in the hospital told her the liver was so bad she was dying...and he was a very rude and tactless man.

We see her regular doctor Monday and hope to get the straight story.  I mother has had numerous health problems since before I was 5 years old...I will be 45 this year.

Ugh!  Too bad while "practicing" medicine, they can't get graded by the patients!!  Sending you and your family continued positive thoughts, energy and prayers... :hug

Scores for the week ending July 5, 2014:

Gold Medal Winner: lhasaapsolady +18

Silver Medal Winner: Braxxi +16

Bronze Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +10

crabby rat +6

SamT87 +6

Shannart +5

greyhoundgrandma +4

Shining_Start +2

Hanging in there:

howieann 0

tnkycrochetnut 0

BigPinkPolkaDot 0

CLLinda 0

pineknott 0

PBLKNP 0

randib82 -1

Addicted2patterns -6

Bailey4 -9

FrLopLady -12

Shoot the Moon Winner: pliefeld -19

Thank you for doing the scores so early.  I like to see them.  Everyone is doing a great job using yarn or buying it.  Have a good week, everyone.

Finished up one skein so far on my prayer shawl.  It's my 10th one of the year.

Good Afternoon Ladies. I am very late to the party but would love to join in. I have familiarized myself with the scoring and will hopefully put a dent in my stash. Thank you soooo much for not making us count current stash, I would be in negatives for a lifetime. :)

Archived