2014 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

I didn't get here last week, so I'll add it to this week. I made a teddy bear, a dress and overalls for the bear and started another bear. I used 2 balls (+ 2). I went through all my bags/bins of :yarn and found 3 skeins for The Crochet Crowd summer stitch-cation challenge. I bought 5 more to finish it though (- 10). I decided to get rid of some more :yarn, so I made up a bag to donate to the senior center for the knitting group, 4 skeins Homespun and 7 misc. balls (+ 15). As soon as I finish the bear, I'll start the challenge afghan. I'm not sure if I can get it done by Aug. 31st, but I'll give it my best shot. 

WTD: + 7  YTD: + 60

Ellie 13

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just came home from my crochet charity group with 19 balls so I can make a step afghan. I have really have to stop looking at patterns on the internet and finish what i already started.

WTD = -19

I re-read the rules for The Crochet Crowd summer stitch-cation challenge and it says you can use any :yarn as long as you use a minimum of 8 colors. I only had 5 colors (2 skeins of 4 colors + 1). The pattern is a sampler afghan with 20 squares in 10 different stitch patterns (2 of each). I'm going to use skeins/balls from my stash and treat each square as a mini scrap-ghan. I'll get my score up when I return the skeins I bought :lol .

Ellie 13 

I re-read the rules for The Crochet Crowd summer stitch-cation challenge and it says you can use any :yarn as long as you use a minimum of 8 colors. I only had 5 colors (2 skeins of 4 colors + 1). The pattern is a sampler afghan with 20 squares in 10 different stitch patterns (2 of each). I'm going to use skeins/balls from my stash and treat each square as a mini scrap-ghan. I'll get my score up when I return the skeins I bought :lol .

Ellie 13 

Hi Ellie,

I am doing the stitch-cation challenge too and am using from my existing stash.  My dad laughed when I grabbed an empty grocery bag and said, "I am going out to the storage shed to shop for yarn."  :lol I am not doing mine as a "mini scrap-ghan" so I hope you share pics of what you come up with....that sounds fun!

My mom had to be rushed back to the hospital today and she is really not doing very well.  After 6 hours in the emergency room she was admitted. Glad I took the yarn bag with me to the emergency room.  Not only was I glad to get some crocheting done....I really needed something to distract me from what is going on.

The doctors have no idea what exactly is going on but she went from disoriented to unconscious this morning in minutes. No sign of a stroke.  They are running more tests and she is stable at this time...but still disoriented and not understanding what is going on.  :cry

Hi Ellie,

I am doing the stitch-cation challenge too and am using from my existing stash.  My dad laughed when I grabbed an empty grocery bag and said, "I am going out to the storage shed to shop for yarn."  :lol I am not doing mine as a "mini scrap-ghan" so I hope you share pics of what you come up with....that sounds fun!

My mom had to be rushed back to the hospital today and she is really not doing very well.  After 6 hours in the emergency room she was admitted. Glad I took the yarn bag with me to the emergency room.  Not only was I glad to get some crocheting done....I really needed something to distract me from what is going on.

The doctors have no idea what exactly is going on but she went from disoriented to unconscious this morning in minutes. No sign of a stroke.  They are running more tests and she is stable at this time...but still disoriented and not understanding what is going on.  :cry

That sounds scary!!  :hug  I'm sure it's been done already, but did they check her blood sugar levels?  Confused & disoriented to unconscious in a matter of minutes could be low blood sugar...  Sending positive thoughts, energy & prayers!!

Hi Ellie,

(((HUGS))) Praying that they figure out what's wrong and are able to help her.

I finished off a skein this evening and was so excited to get +2, then I went to Walmart after that and ending up buying 3 skeins, -6. Lol. Oh well. Pretty new colors are worth the points.  :yes

Hope they get it figured out and she's better real soon!

Happy 4th of July to all!

I used up 3 points of yarn and still working on a prayer shawl.  But I bought 7 today because Hancock had 30% off of all yarn, and then a 10% off your whole order.  So now I have to figure out how deep in the hole I am. 

Thank you everyone for your kind words, thoughts, and prayers. Mom is doing much better today, thank God.  They have determined it was drug interactions. She doesn't even remember yesterday at all. She is still hospitalized and being monitored while they adjust her medications.

I have been crocheting and resting all day...trying to renew myself physically and emotionally.

There are at least 30 projects I really want to do.....wish I could crochet just a little faster. Some of them are complex and I have to watch every line of the patterns.....but a joy to make and beautiful when completed.

I rolled a ball last night as I finished my shawl.  So I am at a -6.  Hope to get some crocheting time today.

Posting my score now in case I forget to do it before the actual deadline and will edit if I use up more before then...but I doubt it! Looking to do more next week as I have a good excuse to use too as work will be very hectic so I need to crochet to relax!! :) Also seen an awesome cardi that I want to crochet!!

WTD; 6

sold 2, used up 1.  Will be rolling 2 more into tiny balls or I just might throw them.  But I did make it to Hobby Lobby on the 3rd...oops.  Need to assess that damage yet, but I used some self control... well maybe a little

I got really busy this morning and got through 6 points of yarn.  I'm now at Zero.

Posting early because there is just so much going on here.

WTD=0!

Well went to Michaels today because I need yarn to make two baby blankets for 2 family members both expecting plus they had a 15% off entire order coupon I couldn't pass up.  Hope everyone had a good 4th.

WTD: - 6 YTD: -19 7/5/14

Archived