2014 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I need to go through and count all my skeins that my friend dropped off the other day, but we've been gardening all afternoon and I'm just comatose!

Well I really thought I was going to end up in the positive this week.  Then DH took me out to eat and offered to stop at the local craft stores.  I resisted quite well at Michael's but JoAnn's had some colors of Homespun on clearance for cheaper than I can get at Walmart and some colors I haven't used before.

So tonight I got -36 which leaves me with a score of WTD -31  YTD -139

Got $30 for some baby blankets I am making so I went to Joanns. Got 6 skeins, they have a bunch on sale and cross stiching stuff.

So my score is:

WTD:-12 YTD-31 for week of 7/19/14

Well, I totaled up all the skeins my friend gave me, and it came to 16, so, my totals this week are:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -32 YTD -102

The shame... :eek

:yay  :cheer

I wound a skein down to a ball this week!!!

:cheer  :yay

That is all I got accomplished.  You have to celebrate the small stuff, right??  :rofl

WTD +1

Gold Medal Winner-----FrLopLady 81 :cheer  :cheer  :cheer 

Silver Medal Winner---Shining_Star 40 :clap  :clap  :clap 

Bronze Medal Winner----CLLinda 8 :yay  :yay  :yay 

Using up the Stash:

Shannart..................4

SamT87...................4

BigPinkPolkaDot.......3

a.creative.mrs...........2

Ellie 13.....................2

crabby rat.................1

howieann..................1

In a Holding Pattern:

pineknott 0

Playing with the New Stuff:

greyhoundgrandma -7

randib82 -9

Addicted2patterns -12

Bailey 4 -31

PBLKNP -32

And our Shoot the Moon Winner!!!!

Braxxi -58

Way to go Stashbusters!!!!

Wow, I dodged the bullet! I was sure I was going to shoot the moon this time!

That's what is fun about this group--you never know! I've been shoot the moon winner with -4 or 5 and missed it with -100!

Thanks for posting the scores Shannart!  Lots of stashbusting (and stash collecting) this week.

I went to have my front end aligned today and could not sit there for two hrs with three toddlers....so we walked over to hobby lobby............ Annnnnnnddddd.....the clearance section caught me... -18. I am going to ball all of this up immediately to deplete some of my guilt lol.

Update: caked it all up. +9 jeez I gotta use this up quick, fast and in a hurry lol this -9 is making me twitchy already lol

I know I've been mia lately.I haven't done ANY crocheting at all in the last few months or bought any yarn either so I wasn't too worried about my scores. We are moving to a house at the end of the month so I have some plans on things that I'm going to need, like homemade swifter pads and a soap scrubby for the fancy soap my in laws got my from Scotland when they were on vacation.

That sounds great.  I've bought a couple of books and hooks to try double ended and Tunisian.  Just slowly starting to get started with it.  Look forward to seeing how it goes for you.

Went to Joann's and bought 4 skeins -8. I also got a double-ended hook. Going to try and learn something new!

That sounds great.  I've bought a couple of books and hooks to try double ended and Tunisian.  Just slowly starting to get started with it.  Look forward to seeing how it goes for you.

Does any tunisian stitch work for double ended crocheting?

I don't know I decided to try both.  Looking at the hooks the big difference seems to be the need to block the stitches at the end so they don't slide off.  I don't know how the sizes compare.  I've just started learning the basics of using the Tunisian and hope to get started on the double ended hook soon.

Archived