2014 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

Kathy is still having some health issues, so I am starting this thread. Hopefully Kathy and Linda will

both be able to be here regularly really soon.

2014 Stashbushing CAL

This is a continuation of last year's game. With the start of the new year, you get to start with ZEROS for your point scores. If you want, keep your 2013 score in your signature to remind you to "Do Better".

Here are the general rules:

Please sign up to this thread and I will be putting all the names at the end of this post so that we know who's playing.

Also, please put a line in your signature for Stashbusting score. Example: WTD=+5 YTD=+27.

Please post your scores by Midnight on Saturday, so that the scorekeeper can pick them up. Shortly after that, the scorekeeper will be tallying the scores and posting them on Sunday.

Please make your score easy to be seen. Large numbers and pretty colors really help.

Example:

WTD=+7 YTD=-9

WTD= week to date and YTD = Year to date.

First (gold), second (silver) and third (bronze) will be noted on the scorekeeping list on Sunday, along with all the other scores. If you have the largest total in receiving yarn and not using it up, it is called the "Shoot the Moon" award.

The "Shoot the Moon" winner from the previous week will be responsible for posting the scores the following week. If the "Shoot the Moon" winner is not available to post the scores, please contact greyhoundgrandma as early as possible so that scores can be posted in a timely manner.

The scorekeeper should post by 12 noon Eastern Time on Sunday. If it will be posted at another time, due to work, church, etc., please notify the group so that they will know when to expect their scores.

Scorekeeping

For every skein of yarn you use up completely, you get two (2) points.
For every skein of yarn that you roll into a ball, you get one (1) point.
For every ball of yarn you use up, you get one (1) point.

For every skein of yarn you buy, receive, or inherit, you lose two (2) points.
For every ball of yarn you buy, receive, or inherit, you lose one (1) point.

A skein of yarn is a brand new bundle that you have bought at a store or its equivalent. If you roll it into smaller cakes or balls, it will still count as two (2) points when you use them completely. You count points for yarn that you use in crocheting, knitting, crafting or give away.

This is an on-going CAL. Feel free to join at any time!

When you start playing with us for the first time, you DON'T COUNT what's in your stash. For many of us, that would be impossible. You get points when you use up what's in your stash or lose points when you add to your stash.

This first scores will be posted January 5th, for the week ending on January 4th.

If you have any questions just post them to the thread.

Good luck with your stashbusting!

2014 Stashbusters:

VikingRunnerGirl

Tylette

treetybird87

Suepav

Shining_Start

Shannart

SamT87

rebby

randib82

raelynn

PurpeLeigh

prettywoman030981

Pony13

pliefeld

pineknott

PBLKNP

paulam01

mva5493

lhasaapsolady

ladychris2010

krazycrocheter

kiwikitti

Kimmy13

jessicali

Jessica5966

jayashiangel

howieann

homesteadingwife

Hazeleyedbeauty

greyhoundgrandma

FrLopLady

Ester Derington

Ellie 13

CrochetLikeCrazy

crochetlady2012

crabby rat

CowgirlEm

CLLinda

Cindistar

Braxxi

BigPinkPolkaDot

Bailey4

Addicted2patterns

a.creative.mrs

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fell off the wagon in recording after Thanksgiving, but I'd like to get started again in the New Year.

That's one of the nice things about this group. If you get busy or distracted for a while, you can just jump back in.

I am going to try to be in this group regularly this year.  Last year was just a disaster.  Didn't even use any yarn in the first six months due to treatments.  I was very sick and couldn't knit, crochet or even read.  But now I'm stronger, and feeling better and I will attempt to regularly post what I've been up to.

So count me in, again!

I'm going to jump in. I could easily see yarn collecting becoming an obsession where I create a huge stash because I think I need it all...

I might not do so badly with my numbers except I can't resist yarn on sale. Plus I always have so many projects I would like to do and often go ahead and get the yarn. My to-do list is huge.

I am going to try to be in this group regularly this year.  Last year was just a disaster.  Didn't even use any yarn in the first six months due to treatments.  I was very sick and couldn't knit, crochet or even read.  But now I'm stronger, and feeling better and I will attempt to regularly post what I've been up to.

So count me in, again!

We're so glad you are feeling better!

I am going to join this year too.  I participated in 2011 & 2012...but this year was a rough and trying year and not much online participation. Health problems, job loss, relationship loss, and a big move in 2013.

Starting a new job on Jan 2nd....that's a happy new year and looking forward to good things and much fun in the year to come.

Please add me in :)

Shannon

I want to join in again. Maybe this year I can end in the positive.

Way to think positive!  :)  But with your hubby, that might not be possible - he does like to spoil you!  ;)

I'm going to join again for 2014, although I can't promise that the Yarn Sirens won't bewitch me once again with their seductive ways... (yarn, yarn, YARN...you must have YARN!!!)  :devil  :devil  :devil

I am giving you guys a late present..... I went to Michaels today and they had a sale. 16 skeins later I walked out. Go shopping y'all!!

I might have to stop by there tomorrow! I haven't ever been in Michael's before! 

I might have to stop by there tomorrow! I haven't ever been in Michael's before! 

OMGOSH!!! I was totally floored when I read this. I practicly live at Michael's. Well there and Hobby Lobby. How does someone not ever go to Michael's? You have got to go soon as you can. That's all I'm saying. Have fun but don't buy to much.

Archived