2014 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

I've been finishing up two projects, but unfortunately, neither resulted in using up a skein, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0 YTD -70

:bang

I swear, they're going to bury me with all this yarn...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooops forgot to post last night, lucky UK time is slightly ahead ;) Whilst I did manage to get some crochet time in this week, unfortunately it was unravelling an old unfinished project to make into something new and lovley, so no actual stash usage.  Though it was a t-shirt yarn WIP which was has been taking up a considerable space in my stash drawers, so reclaiming some space is definitely a major positive, even if I didn\t manage any actual points!

WTD: 0  YTD: +66

:) 

:ty 

My internet was wonky last night so I couldn't get online to post.  I actually have a score!!!  It's technically not from this past week but the week before, and I wasn't able to add to it this week... BUT I did roll three skeins down to balls two weeks ago, and now I'm posting that score since I didn't get online last weekend in time (it was our anniversary and we spent the afternoon/evening with my in-laws for a family picnic - two hours away - by the time we got home last Saturday night it was late and I was too tired to worry about it.  :rofl )

Mary, let me just say...  :eek   :2eek    :tup

My score for the end of June is:

WTD +3  /  YTD +12

I will be posting the scores within an hour or so.  Things got really hectic right now.

My husband decided to wash the kitchen floor, just as I was going to sit at the computer and do the scorekeeping.  Who am I to stop what he planned on doing to post scores?  I'm just happy he decided that he had enough of sticking to the floor that he decided on his own to wash it?

The scores will be posted next.

Week to date (WTD) scorekeeping for the week ending July 28th, 2014

FrLopLady takes the GOLD Medal with a score of 258!!!!!!! :clap

Braxxi takes the Silver Medal with a score of 24!!!!!! :yay 

Shannart takes the Bronze Medal with a score of 16!!!!! :cheer

Those brave souls who are using up yarn: :manyheart

Crabbyrat  +3

SamT87 +3

BigPinkPolkaDot +1

Cllinda  +1

Those wonderful people who are remaining the same this week: :c9

pliefeld  0
Shining_Star  0

tnkycrochetnut  0

Pineknott  0

PBLKNP  0

Addicted to Patterns  0

treetybird87  0

Those lucky people who have received yarn this week: :yes

Bailey4  -12

Greyhoundgrandma is the winner of the "Shoot the Moon" this week with a score of -17!!!!!!  Enjoy that yarn.

:manyheart

YTD scores for the month of June, 2014

Shannart takes Gold!  +890 :clap

FrLopLady takes Silver! +167 :cheer

CLLinda takes Bronze! +69 :yay

Yarn Users:

Shining_Star  +68

Treetybird87   +66

Pineknott     +59

SamT87 +37

Crabbyrat +12

Pliefeld  +2

New yarn to play in:

Addicted to Patterns  -13

Braxxi  -44

Greyhoundgrandma  -49

PBLKNP  -70

TNKYcrochetnut -100

And this month's winner of the acclaimed title of "Shoot the Moon" goes to Bailey4 with a score of -113!!!!!!!!!! :yay

Linda, thanks for posting both scores! I had a feeling I would be headed to the moon this week!

Most of our company has left and I'm hoping to get some crochet time in this afternoon.

I have a shawl to finish by Tuesday night, so I think I will be heading to work on that right now. 

Hi all!! I just stumbled across this forum today. I know the year is half-way up, but I would love to join your CAL. Is it too late to join in?

its never too late,Welcome

Hi all!! I just stumbled across this forum today. I know the year is half-way up, but I would love to join your CAL. Is it too late to join in?

I joined late last year and it was a great way to get focused on trying to use up my yarn.  Welcome.

I finished my shawl, with about 4 feet of yarn left.  I get so crazy when I can't tell if I will have enough to finish the piece I am working on.  But I did finish it, with just a little to spare!

I finished my shawl, with about 4 feet of yarn left.  I get so crazy when I can't tell if I will have enough to finish the piece I am working on.  But I did finish it, with just a little to spare!

I hate when it's that close! Glad there was enough to finish! Patterns and kits can be strange. I've run out with some--luckily not many--and had lots left over with others.

Sometimes I think yarn companies have designers design patterns that will use just enough yarn to have to buy that extra one more skein and in as many colors as possible.

Finished off another skein of SS.  +2  Making a shawl to wear to a wedding.  Hoping I have enough to finish.  With all the yarn I have in this house why is it I never have what I need for a specific project. :yes

I hate when it's that close! Glad there was enough to finish! Patterns and kits can be strange. I've run out with some--luckily not many--and had lots left over with others.

Sometimes I think yarn companies have designers design patterns that will use just enough yarn to have to buy that extra one more skein and in as many colors as possible.

You are so right.  Sometimes, you just need less than a quarter of a skein to finish the project. 

Actually, this shawl I made had the basics and then I decided to do a half double all the way around to give it a finished look.  I was hoping I wouldn't have to rip it out and put in single crochets all the way around.  I had just enough. 

Whoops!!! A mistake has been made in my YTD score.  It's posted as -100 and it should be 0.  I must admit though I sort of liked the score of -100.  That would be 50 skeins of pretty and new yarn to play with.  And the last few days I have been eyeing RHSS in pink camo.  You see I have a great niece that is getting married to a career army man.  I thought she would enjoy a camo afghan in girl colors.  I already have green camo yarn to make one for him.  The only problem is I am such a slow crocheter I wouldn't even have one done for their wedding which is July 26th.  Well maybe I could have one done if crocheting was the only thing I was doing. That just not possible though.  I have had health problems since December 2010 and I am now finally feeling normal.  So now I really need to concentrate on getting rid of all the clutter in this house and clean up the dirty areas.  My sweet hubby has been doing the grocery shopping, most of the cooking through these years, laundry, and any necessary cleaning which isn't really much. Its always been some other day/time for deep cleaning.  

May everyone have a Happy Fourth of July!!!!!

Archived