2014 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I almost forgot to post my big fat goose-egg score!  Wouldn't that have been a shame?  LOL

So, here it is, in all it's nice round glory... ;)

WTD 0

Bit of a nightmare today as our fish tank broke and smashed all over our floor!!! Hopefully we've saved the fish but the tank needs replacing so been looking to get a new home for them almost all day! Therefore no crochet time today and this is normally my best day.

Oh, no! I can't imagine how big a mess that was!

This week I gave away 15 skeins of yarn.  I am in cleaning and purge mode, since I will be going up to WY to empty my storage unit in about 3 more weeks. Making room here now and will also be getting rid of a bunch of stuff that I won't have room to bring back.

I used 4 skeins and 5 balls of yarn finishing up a hat, and working on a couple different afghans.

WTD +43 YTD +78

Happy Stashbusting  :clap

Oh, no! I can't imagine how big a mess that was!

Indeed, lucky it was only a 30 litre tank and we have one of those hoovers that sucks up liquid so did that a few times! But now we have a beautiful new 125 litre tank, silver linings and all that.

Well done to everyone on their scores!

Scores for week ending May 24

Gold Medal Winner: Shannart +43

Silver Medal Winner: treetybird87 +34

Bronze Medal Winner: SamT87 +11

CLLinda +10

pineknott +8

greyhoundgrandama 0

PBLKNP 0

Shining_Star 0

ladychris2010 0

crabby rat 0

howieann 0

BigPinkPolkdot -8

Bailey4 -12

Shoot the Moon Winner: FrLopLady -20

Finally a few minutes to catch my breath. Company mostly gone, dishes done. Hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend! I hope to have some crocheting time tomorrow. From the scores, it looks like a lot of us have been too busy to get much crocheting done.

I complained to Red Heart about a skein of yarn that I had bought that had a few problems with it.  So today, in the mail comes a replacement skein.  So now I'm at a -5 for the week. 

I rolled a skein into a ball when it got really messy.  So I'm at a -4 for the week.

Who is buying "I love this yarn" at Hobby Lobby this week?  It's on SALE!

I never thought about how many skeins I've used up and how many i bought/aquired. This can be a fun exercise. Is it too late to join?

Never too late! Explanations are in the first post. We'll be glad to answer any questions you might have. The short version is start now with whatever stash you have with a score of 0. From here it's -2 for each skein you acquire and +2 for each used.

Never too late! Explanations are in the first post. We'll be glad to answer any questions you might have. The short version is start now with whatever stash you have with a score of 0. From here it's -2 for each skein you acquire and +2 for each used.

Ok thanks. I earned 1 point today for winding a ball. I guess I need to do a signature.

Archived