2014 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

I called two LYSs today to see if either carried conductive thread. Neither did, but I toyed with the idea of stopping by the closest one anyway, you know, just to see.... Then I remembered I have no money, and decided not to go. :D

Bonjour, bonsoir VikingRunnerGirl,

To answer to your question..

just go by wikipedia, amazone , google etc..

.here what I have found about conductive thread:

onductive thread is a creative way to connect various electronics onto clothing.

This thread can carry current for power and signals.

must be expensive i guess!

you may crochet clothes with..but in what purpose, up to you to find out via google, ..;

May you find what you need to crochet, without money, like some friends giving you yarn to crochet,

I know what it is to be without money...

FleurBelge

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heading out early to go on a 4 hour drive to go to the hospitals in Lubbock. My grandfather is in one hospital not doing very well and my father in law is in another hospital going to have surgery to remove a 90% blockage from one of the major arteries in his neck. Since it is on both sides of the family, we are all going (me, hubby and 3 kids), so I don't know how much hook time I'll have. I'm taking a baby blanket to work on when I have time when I'm not busy with kids or helping out my family at the hospital. Whatever I have used, I'll just roll over into next week.

WTD: 0 / YTD: 0

Be careful out there, and enjoy your road trip!  Sending prayers for you and your family...

Finished up a skein for +2.  The rest of this outfit is made in thread and I'm working from a big ball so I doubt I'll be finishing it anytime soon.  However, I may take a break and work on doll pants and sweater which might kill some scraps before tomorrow's deadline.  Still think I'll end up in the negatives this week.

WTD = + 16   YTD = + 20

I'm doing pretty good this week.  We've been snowed in pretty much this week and except for going to Knitting Group on Friday, I really haven't been out.  So plenty of time to use up yarn.  :clap

Unfortunately, I discovered the ease of online ordering and bought yarn for a new project and got the order quickly... It's cold and snowy and the girls opted to stay home from dance class, so I'm hoping to get something done today, though. The new yarn for a baby gift though, and I didn't have any baby yarn, so I don't feel badly about it. :)

:cheer  :cheer  :clap  :clap  for all those who used up yarn this week

:manyheart  :manyheart  to all those that keep the yarn companies in business,yep we all have to do our share

still no crocheting for me,but my fingers are twitching to,y'all know that feeling

wtd 0 ytd 0

-10 just arrived now, but still not done.  I'm off to AC Moore with a 55% off coupon to get the yarn I need for the Crochet Olympic Games.  With DH's help I should be able to get two of the skeins I need, if they have it in stock.  That being said I've promised myself an afternoon of TV and crochet so perhaps I can finally finish some yarn off. :lol  :lol

Finished up my hat. My 12yr old cousin layed claim to it. Even though i made it to long and it has to stretch to its limit to fit her. Gonna have to work on size. And come up with a closed stitch pattern. Thats the kind my dad has requested. But haven't used up an stash.

WTD: 0 YTD: -6

Well I started out today just to get the yarn I needed for my Crochet Olympics project.  Then DH was kind enough to stop at Michael's, Joann's, and AC Moore.  I don't normally buy much at Michael's, but  I was in need of their big ball of Impeccable worsted white.  I really like it for my doll and ami projects.  Then I went to Joann's and they had the Lion Brand Wool Ease on Sale.  Again, don't normally use this, but I started working through an out of print 18" doll book I have that requires Wool Ease.  I tried using Caron One pounder, but it didn't have quite the same effect as the ones I made up with Wool Ease so it seemed like a good time to stalk up.  Then I finally got the items I needed for the Olympics.  Not posting my score yet as my plan for the rest of the afternoon is couch, TV, and crocheting.  -26

Well, there has been stash backsliding...

A friend of mine contacted me the other day.  His grandmother is going into assisted living, and is no longer able to crochet.  She absolutely refused to relinquish her stash until she knew it was going to a good home.  I told him I'd be more than happy to accept the yarn.  It was 40 skeins in all.  Also included was the beginnings of an afghan that she never finished.  There is enough yarn, so I'm going to finish it and give it back to him to give to her.

So, my totals for the week are: 

WTD:  -80

YTD: -92

gave away 17 skeins of Vanna's Choice this week to be used for joining comfortghans:

WTD: +34, YTD: +39 

A friend of mine contacted me the other day.  His grandmother is going into assisted living, and is no longer able to crochet.  She absolutely refused to relinquish her stash until she knew it was going to a good home.  I told him I'd be more than happy to accept the yarn.  It was 40 skeins in all.  Also included was the beginnings of an afghan that she never finished.  There is enough yarn, so I'm going to finish it and give it back to him to give to her.

That was a kind thing to do.

Awesomeness!!!

I have used yarn this week, and thread too!!  Not enough to count... again... LOL!

So, my big fat score for 

Week ending Jan 25, 2014

WTD 0 / YTD +2

We just started a craft group at our church so I was waiting till after that to post. Turns out waiting was a good thing since I managed to finish off a skein making all the little grannies! I thought I was going to be stuck with some yarn and I suppose the tiny bit I had left I could have worked into something else with the russian join or something like that but.... I think I'll live perfectly fine without those five inches left over! However, I did pick up some yarn for the crochet games. I haven't gotten them yet but I might as well go ahead and count them in. I'm glad I only got the two 1 lb. skeins instead of the six 7 oz ones now for the counts!

WTD: +2 / YTD: +6 

Wow...Lots of beautiful new yarn was received this week  :yay

on 

My totals this week are:

WTD -1  YTD +16

Now for the rest of the story:

On Monday I went to Hobby Lobby and ended up with a total of 10 new skeins of yarn.  Then I spent the whole week used up a bunch of balls of yarn on double stranded hats & scarves for the homeless--using 1 skein, rolled 1 skein into a ball, and used up 14 balls of yarn from my stash. Finally, I used up another skein on a one-skein scarf.

That was the hardest earned -1 I've had in a while!  :lol  :lol  :lol  :P  :D

got a little bit of stitching done this week and have so far stayed on my yarn diet.  Although let me tell you the temptation is all around.......I used up two balls on squares for warm up america (michaels had a joining party this afternoon). Working on socks....three pair in the works, one finished sock in two of the three pairs (the skeins are 50 gram).  so my totals of the week are

WTD:+4  YTD:+4

WTD  -46  YTD  -65

Well I finished a pair of doll pants, but still had a little ball left over.  I have another skein of the same color so I'll finish it as the start of a skirt or sweater tomorrow and at least start the week in the postive.

Archived