2014 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the Russian join, too. There's also another one that is invisible and very sturdy, and faster than the Russian join (but it is a knot so there is a bump, but it's slight... :)

I'm going to have to check this out when I get a chance. I'm always so scared and paranoid that my weaving in will come undone and especially so for items I give away.

Hi all..I didn't get my scores posted on Saturday since my mom went in the hospital on Saturday.  She is still there with blood clots and liver problems and even more tests today. Any prayers are greatly appreciated.

Shannon

Hope your mother is better and out of the hospital real soon!

Hi all..I didn't get my scores posted on Saturday since my mom went in the hospital on Saturday.  She is still there with blood clots and liver problems and even more tests today. Any prayers are greatly appreciated.

My score on Sunday would have been +10. I used 2 skeins on finishing a baby blanket and 10 balls on hats and scarves for charity.  (+14), but I bought two skeins to begin a new baby blanket (-4).  I don't have a stash of baby yarn to work from right now...it is 3 states away in storage until May.

I don't expect much this week, since it is Wednesday and I haven't used up a single ball or skein.  The hospital is a one hour drive each way and pretty much wipes out most of my hookin' time.

Everyone keep up the fun!

Shannon

Hope your mom feels better soon.  You take care of yourself too!  The long commute and worrying about a loved one can wear down your immunity.  Praying for her recovery.

Rough week for me, hurt my neck and haven't been able to really do much,  I only used up one skein.  WTD+2

How are you feeling?  A neck injury is awful. I hurt mine in a car accident a few years back and it affected my shoulder, arm and hand.  If you have the opportunity, take advantage of physical therapy.  I know it's not covered by some insurance.  But if you have the benefit, they'll teach you some exercises that really do bring relief.  Hugs, Sweetie and praying for you.

I am going to join. Since my husband retired from the Coast Guard in 2012. No more moving. Plus I have to much yarn. Three tubs, three yarn bags. Plus I cant buy no more yarn. I promise my hubby.

Welcome!  I have that much yarn just in my living room!  But, bust that stash so you can buy some more!

I haven't bought any yarn this week, so I will definitely be in the positive. I did, however, come across 6 or 7 skeins that had been hiding in a box in our bedroom... The good news is that they aren't repeats of any of the colors I've bought recently, so I don't have doubles. :)

Posting early.  Looks like it will be a busy day here.  Good luck, everyone!

WTD = +4  YTD = +4!       

WTD +4

YTD +26

I'm going shopping Tuesday with my 30% off card from JoAnn...could be the beginning of the end for this year!! :lol

I like the Russian join, too.  There's also another one that is invisible and very sturdy, and faster than the Russian join (but it is a knot so there is a bump, but it's slight... :)

I've seen that knot before, at camp we used it for adjustable necklaces/bracelets, but never thought to use it in crochet. I never new you could cut the ends that short and not have it come undone. I'll try it on my next project.

This week I've been trying to get all my original  patterns in my new lap top. Everything needs to be "translated" to word from iMac  programs. I haven't done much  :crocheting .  I have to leave the library now because the  :2rain  has turned to :2snow  and it's coming down hard.

WTD: 0   YTD: + 6 

Ellie 13

Archived