2014 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

Went to my church prayer shawl ministry meeting and came home with a bag of lonesome skeins that my friend brought in from her mom.  No one else wanted to adopt them, so I carried the 10 skeins home to frolic and play with the other yarn in my boxes and bins and bags,  I did work three other skeins into balls this week, so the grand total is:

For week ending Jan. 11, 2014:

WTD:  -17   /  YTD:  -16

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I confess that there may have been some yarn purchasing at the LYS, during their big sale...the shame...  :D   :devil  :devil  :devil

I actually bought the yarn because I'm going to make a friend that Reader's Shawl from Crochet World - it's on the cover of the February 2013 issue.  She's not the type to wear a lacy shawl, but when I showed her the Reader's Shawl, she just loved it.

WTD = -12

YTD = -12

Well, the Joann order did make it ugly, but it could have been worse... I finished 2 skeins and rolled 4 into balls for a +8. But, there were 18 skeins in that order, for a -36.

So: WTD: -28 / YTD: -30

But I shouldn't need yarn for a very long time, so it should just get better. And I have 3 balls that I probably could get one square out of, so they should be easy to knock out!

WTD: +7   YTD; +3

I finished off the red skein of yarn & am on a halt with my afghan.. Someone didn't make it to Hobby Lobby yesterday & they are closed today.. BUT I am over half done with the RR.

post-46820-0-73472700-1389541535_thumb.jpg

WTD: +7   YTD; +3

I finished off the red skein of yarn & am on a halt with my afghan.. Someone didn't make it to Hobby Lobby yesterday & they are closed today.. BUT I am over half done with the RR.

attachicon.gif46619_10151628429083239_1986754922_n.jpg

Very pretty!

Scores for Week ending 01/11/2014:

Gold: Shining_Star +18

Silver: Braxxi +8

Bronze: jessicali +7

Using up Yarn:

Ellie 13 +6FrLopLady +6

Kiwikitti +4

Greyhoundgrandma +4

Addicted2Patterns +4

Crabby rat +2

Lhasaapsolady +2

Krazycrocheter +2

Rebby +1

Building Stash:

Pineknott -1

CLLinda -7

PBLKNP -12

BigPinkPolkaDot -17

Howieann -28

Shoot the Moon winner:

Bailey4 with -42

I saw that one coming when my Herschnerr's order came in. :lol  :lol

You don't have a skein of Herrschnerr's Worsted Weight in Yellow do you? It's backorder until March and I need one to finish my afghan! LOL!

I thought I would share this picture with everyone. According to my stash program in Excel, I now own a little over 1400 skeins of yarn. Here is the pic I took yesterday when I had to get into the stash. There are 32 plastic totes here, each one is 64 quarts, and each is full to over-full! There is also the flatter totes in the lower left corner that's on it's side...that one has my cottons in it. My husband says I have a problem...

post-21933-0-11925800-1389562200_thumb.jpg

According to my stash program in Excel, I now own a little over 1400 skeins of yarn.

The good news is you know how many skeins you have and have a list of them!

I just have containers (and a small closet) and haven't come up with a way to keep up with my list that I will actually update over time.

I used a skein today and then found out my package is at the post office, so +2 and -18 and now I'm in the negative for the year.

LOL! I have a list of how many, because I decided to count them one time I had to organize them, and I use my stashbusting list to keep adding/subtracting from the grand total. I DO NOT have a list of what I have though...rely on memory for that (doesn't always work so good).

I thought I would share this picture with everyone. According to my stash program in Excel, I now own a little over 1400 skeins of yarn. Here is the pic I took yesterday when I had to get into the stash. There are 32 plastic totes here, each one is 64 quarts, and each is full to over-full! There is also the flatter totes in the lower left corner that's on it's side...that one has my cottons in it. My husband says I have a problem...

attachicon.gifDSCN0456.JPG

:lol  I agree - your problem is you don't have 4 arms to crochet 2 things at once!!  :wink

attachicon.gifDSCN0456.JPG

Beautiful stash! Love your stash! I would always be starting new projects and never finishing anything. This is my newest square.

post-51725-0-52760000-1389586119_thumb.jpg

DSCN0456.JPG

I made sure to show this to my husband to remind him that my 4 totes, 1 laundry basket and several shelf boxes (along with all the other randomly floating around) is not nearly as bad as he thinks it is!

Archived