2014 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

I made sure to show this to my husband to remind him that my 4 totes, 1 laundry basket and several shelf boxes (along with all the other randomly floating around) is not nearly as bad as he thinks it is!

I'm lucky that DH has more hobbies than me and they take up more room and are more expensive than mine! Besides I can always say that new yarn is to make a present for _____.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I would share this picture with everyone. According to my stash program in Excel, I now own a little over 1400 skeins of yarn. Here is the pic I took yesterday when I had to get into the stash. There are 32 plastic totes here, each one is 64 quarts, and each is full to over-full! There is also the flatter totes in the lower left corner that's on it's side...that one has my cottons in it. My husband says I have a problem...

attachicon.gifDSCN0456.JPG

Jealous doesn't even begin to cover it!! All I can say is Wow!! 

Starting this week off with a -2. I just left Hobby Lobby. I needed to get another skein of ILTY red for the afghan. BUT I only got the 1 skein.. The lady who checked me out said I wasn't normal.. She said most people who buy yarn in there (including herself) buy it like it's going out of style lol. I explained this CAL - and she said she would have to look into the forum because she has a yarn stash problem & also crochets & knits.

I'm working some skeins down, so I should make up some ground this week. One of my friends at work suggested that I make a cocoon for an upcoming baby shower gift, so I may need to buy some yarn... we're thinking a fun Nemo-like orange since that's the nursery theme. :)

will be on sidelines for awhile,broke my wrist

lets see some great scores posted :cheer  :cheer  :clap  :clap 

Oh No!!  How did that happen??  Heal quickly - can't wait for you to come back!!  :hug

Oh. My. Goodness. I have just discovered (and by discovered I mean actually LEARNED a technique I've heard of for a while... :rolleyes ) the Russian join. This is amazing!!!! I actually can't wait till I finally get to start on that next scrapgahn I've been planning! I've been making myself finish a couple I have started now before starting another but also procrastinating because my last one took me a year to weave in all the ends. It's... well... it's not a fun task and I tend to put it off like  a pro. Now, though, NOW this thing will be amazing!  :c9  The possibilities are endless! Good thing I committed to get through some of this stash or else I'd need to go buy yarn for a new project just so I can use this technique more. :lol

Oh. My. Goodness. I have just discovered (and by discovered I mean actually LEARNED a technique I've heard of for a while... :rolleyes ) the Russian join. This is amazing!!!! I actually can't wait till I finally get to start on that next scrapgahn I've been planning! I've been making myself finish a couple I have started now before starting another but also procrastinating because my last one took me a year to weave in all the ends. It's... well... it's not a fun task and I tend to put it off like  a pro. Now, though, NOW this thing will be amazing!  :c9  The possibilities are endless! Good thing I committed to get through some of this stash or else I'd need to go buy yarn for a new project just so I can use this technique more. :lol

I like the Russian join, too.  There's also another one that is invisible and very sturdy, and faster than the Russian join (but it is a knot so there is a bump, but it's slight... :)

I am going to join. Since my husband retired from the Coast Guard in 2012. No more moving. Plus I have to much yarn. Three tubs, three yarn bags. Plus I cant buy no more yarn. I promise my hubby.

Welcome to the group!

Hi all..I didn't get my scores posted on Saturday since my mom went in the hospital on Saturday.  She is still there with blood clots and liver problems and even more tests today. Any prayers are greatly appreciated.

My score on Sunday would have been +10. I used 2 skeins on finishing a baby blanket and 10 balls on hats and scarves for charity.  (+14), but I bought two skeins to begin a new baby blanket (-4).  I don't have a stash of baby yarn to work from right now...it is 3 states away in storage until May.

I don't expect much this week, since it is Wednesday and I haven't used up a single ball or skein.  The hospital is a one hour drive each way and pretty much wipes out most of my hookin' time.

Everyone keep up the fun!

Shannon

I thought I would share this picture with everyone. According to my stash program in Excel, I now own a little over 1400 skeins of yarn. Here is the pic I took yesterday when I had to get into the stash. There are 32 plastic totes here, each one is 64 quarts, and each is full to over-full! There is also the flatter totes in the lower left corner that's on it's side...that one has my cottons in it. My husband says I have a problem...

attachicon.gifDSCN0456.JPG

Oh...I feel so much better....I only have about 1/2 as many bins, but all but 3 are in my storage shed a few states away until May. 

I like the Russian join, too.  There's also another one that is invisible and very sturdy, and faster than the Russian join (but it is a knot so there is a bump, but it's slight... :)

This is the method I use & I LOVE it!! 

I use this one all the time...it works great.  I use this for all those bits and pieces that are big enough to tie together, but too small for a ball.  My favorite thing is to make hats and scarves with a "magic ball" made out of my various colors and a strand of any matching color along with it.  Crocheting with the two strands means you can hardly feel the tiny knot in those items.

Archived