2014 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

May I join in?

Yes, very glad to have you in the group! Scoring is explained in the first post. Just ask if you have any questions.

I finished a skein in the kit baby afghan I'm working on....+2 so far this week.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny Michaels is one of the few stores I am safe in.  AC Moore and JoAnn's are dangerous.  I'm a state away from the nearest Hobby Lobby, but I still manage to order online from them.  However, I walk in and out of Michaels more often than not with nothing in hand.  I used up last year's gift cards buying the bracelet looms for one of my nieces.  (I finally got the person to switch to Joanns this year!!!)

OMGOSH!!! I was totally floored when I read this. I practicly live at Michael's. Well there and Hobby Lobby. How does someone not ever go to Michael's? You have got to go soon as you can. That's all I'm saying. Have fun but don't buy to much.

OMGOSH!!! I was totally floored when I read this. I practicly live at Michael's. Well there and Hobby Lobby. How does someone not ever go to Michael's? You have got to go soon as you can. That's all I'm saying. Have fun but don't buy to much.

Haha! Ready for another shocker? I had never been in Hobby Lobby until July of 2013!! The closest one to where we used to live was almost 3 hours away & we never went that far away from our town!! Now there's one just about 10 minutes from my house!! There is also a Michael's (same story as with HL) close by!! I didn't make it out today but might tomorrow since DH will be home!

Yes, very glad to have you in the group! Scoring is explained in the first post. Just ask if you have any questions.

I finished a skein in the kit baby afghan I'm working on....+2 so far this week.

Thanks very much!

Haha! Ready for another shocker? I had never been in Hobby Lobby until July of 2013!! The closest one to where we used to live was almost 3 hours away & we never went that far away from our town!! Now there's one just about 10 minutes from my house!! There is also a Michael's (same story as with HL) close by!! I didn't make it out today but might tomorrow since DH will be home!

Now that I can more believe. I hadn't been in one untill I think 2 years ago. That's when we got ours. Right next to Wal-Mart and only 5mins or less from my house. So needless to say I get tempted a lot. Give in to temptation lots more than I should. And with Michael's only another 5 minutes down the road and the new Joanne's just opening up accross from Wal-Mart I stay pretty well tempted. Don't always have the best willpower. Have wasted my share of money. Well watch out it's easy to get hooked!

Are we already starting on scores or do we wait until tomorrow, since that's the first? Either way, Not sure if I'll have a + score!! We'll just have to see :)

You can count the whole week in your Saturday scores.

Another skein finished last night in the baby blanket....+4. I was saved from ordering from Joann today. I got an email that included a yarn I decided would be interesting to try, plus $1 shipping. When I looked at the yarn, they only had one color and only one skein of that!

Please count me in.  I know I was kinda sporadic the last couple of months but I was either doing other crafting or working on house or just forgetting to post.  And by the time I realized it was the first I forgot to post anything for the end of the year.

Please count me in.  I know I was kinda sporadic the last couple of months but I was either doing other crafting or working on house or just forgetting to post.  And by the time I realized it was the first I forgot to post anything for the end of the year.

Sparadic is ok. I wasn't the best at posting this past year. You are as welcome as anyone. Just post when you can. We know crochet isn't the only thing in your life. Just do your best. Happy crocheting and stashbusting!

I made a little more progress on the baby blanket: a skein rolled into a ball and a ball used up....+6.

Reminder: If we can get our scores posted on Saturday, then they will be ready for Braxxi to compile the list on Sunday.

I am +2!  probably the only time all year I may have a + score lolol.  My reputation precedes me...  :lol   going back to work on the baby C2C I am doing.  

crap... Hobby Lobby.... unexpected trip.  I budgeted myself for the yarn and came in under budget..but it still means 7 new skeins..gonna see what I can knock out tonight...sigh...lolol.

It will be nice when it is local and I don't feel like I have to load up because it is 2.5 hours away lol  :cheer

crap... Hobby Lobby.... unexpected trip.  I budgeted myself for the yarn and came in under budget..but it still means 7 new skeins..gonna see what I can knock out tonight...sigh...lolol.

It will be nice when it is local and I don't feel like I have to load up because it is 2.5 hours away lol  :cheer

It's good and bad at the same time. You won't feel the need to load up but you will feel the need to go in more often. Especially when you know their having a sale. It's bad for me cause mine is right beside Wal-Mart. So go buy groceries and oh well what does Hobby Lobby have today. Wish mine was 2.5 hours away. Maybe I wouldn't go in as often. Just watch out cause a little adds up.

I live 10 miles from the nearest Hobby Lobby! I do surprisingly well. I rarely go in there unless I absolutely 100% need something! Tomorrow is going to be one of those days because I am smack out of Red & white for a 'ghan I'm gonna start.

I found an unfinished skein from a previous project.  Finished that one up for a +2.  That will probably be it for me, but will try and see what happens today.

Not starting off so good!  Finished off 2 skeins making hats, then started a table mat and used up a skein, but I realized my partial skein does not have enough to complete the project so had to buy another.  Then I had to buy 6 balls of something soft and squooshy to make a scarf for a swap, so I'm down 2 points right at the start!

WTD: -2, YTD: -2

Archived