2014 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

Finished my table mat so got through a skein and a ball, also finished 3 balls of the soft and squooshy for the scarf i'm knitting, so:

WTD +6/ YTD +5

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where are the scores posted? And I'll be on my phone most if the time and won't be able to do color texts sorry

Just post them in a regular message here. If you can make the score text larger that would make it easier to spot, but just do whatever you can.

Scores for Week Ending 1/18/2014

Gold: lhasaapsolady +16

Silver: rebby +6

Bronze:  BigPinkPolkaDots, Shining_Star, Howieann +5

Using up Yarn:
Braxxi, CLLinda +4

Shannart +3

Hazeleyedbeauty +1

Holding Steady at 0:

Bailey4

crabby rat

Ellie13

kwikitti

PBLKNP

Pineknott

Building Stash:
Greyhoundgrandma -6

Krazycrocheter -8

This week's Shoot the Moon winner:

Addicted to Patterns with -12

These are the scores I collected as of this morning.  If I missed anyone please post and I'll add you.

Bonjour to you all, I am trying to understand what is yur cal.

what is the theme ,what is the model for your cal...

what is to crochet? a bonnet? a shawl? a blanket, a dress? a bag ..;etc;..

In the French Blogs,

we never give points to cals,

the purpose is more to sharewhat we crochet together with  a basic theme for the month or for the 3 monts etc;..

then everybodu sends their pictures of their own cal,

and we admire everybody's creation,

no need to give points, we are not at school,

it remains a passion to share, no to nourish an ego.

Kind regards
FleurBelge

In the French Blogs,

the purpose is more to sharewhat we crochet together with a basic theme for the month or for the 3 monts etc;..

Kind regards

FleurBelge

You will find there are all kinds of CAL going on here in the CAL folder.  This CAL is designed to help us work on reducing our yarn stash.  We encourage each other and post each week showing how much yarn we used or bought for the week.  It's all in fun.  The points just help us keep track of our goal to reduce our yarn stash. There are all kinds of project related CAL's you can join in this folder, too. 

In the French Blogs,

the purpose is more to sharewhat we crochet together with  a basic theme for the month or for the 3 monts etc;..

Kind regards
FleurBelge

Oh! Bailey4 n

I now understand the philosophy of this cal, its genious, thank you so much for explaining to me,

because I like this forum,

and want to learn more

;my English is medium, so sometimes i get lost when i read.

Ok...i also have  a big stach of wool,many kind of yarns;...I have enough for one yar of crochet;

stupidly when i come across a sale of nice yarn thow i do not need them...i buy it;

So this cal is very good for us to try and crochet what we allready have at home.

Merci for your time to explain to me.

So we can crochet anything, as long as it is from our home stach and not add new yarn from ths shop....oh lalal i cannot promise, I am so tempted to buy new yarn..

Merci

FleurBelge

It's just a fun game to see how much stash you can use, or buy in a year.  We start new every year, with 0 for a score and then we add points when we use up yarn and subtract when we buy, receive, or are gifted yarn.  It's a fun game and we just like to see who is buying and who is really trying to be good and not buy.

We post the scores weekly, monthly and then at the end of the year.

We can make anything we want, and knit or crochet it.  It doesn't matter how you use it, as long as you are using it up. 

And when someone posts a 0 for the week, it means they have not used up a skein or bought any yarn for the week.  Everyone is welcome to join this group and play along.

I am already ahead of the game.  I used up a 50 gram skein this morning making a knitted baby sweater.  I found a really cute simple sweater that I am making for the county fair, in August.  I had bought 5 skeins of this lavender alpaca yarn and never really found a perfect pattern for it.   Now that I found the pattern for the sweater, I will be looking for a bonnet pattern and booties for the fair too.  That's one thing about knitting, you don't use up the yarn as quickly as when you crochet. 

Have a good week, everyone.

I may have bitten off more than I can chew. I've started trying to enter my yarn into the stash section of ravelry. It's definitely going to be a long turn project. So far I've entered 34 kinds/colors of yarn--141 skeins. That's four boxes and one shelf with 4 shelves and over a dozen plastic bins and numerous other misc bags to go.

Time to get back to crocheting now.

Woohoo, I medaled this week!  Big congrats to lhasaapsolady for taking home the gold, and to BigPinkPolkaDots, Shining_Star, and Howieann for your Bronze medals.

Scores for Week Ending 1/18/2014

Gold: lhasaapsolady +16

Silver: rebby +6

Bronze:  BigPinkPolkaDots, Shining_Star, Howieann +5

Using up Yarn:
Braxxi, CLLinda +4

Shannart +3

Hazeleyedbeauty +1

Holding Steady at 0:

Bailey4

crabby rat

Ellie13

kwikitti

PBLKNP

Pineknott

Building Stash:
Greyhoundgrandma -6

Krazycrocheter -8

This week's Shoot the Moon winner:

Addicted to Patterns with -12

These are the scores I collected as of this morning.  If I missed anyone please post and I'll add you.

I just joined the Community  part and want to join in this Stashbusting CAL!

As a result of this commitment, I have rolled 2 balls of yarn from my stash!

And despite all of the ads in the paper and online for yarns on sale I am resisting!

This should be fun!

Merci, Thank You CLLinda for your clear explanations;

It helps me good.

I shall explain it to crochet friends in french blogs , they surelly will want to join this forum and do the same with you all!

I can see how fun this game is, and also intelligent, because , as for me, i muts learn to finish all my crochet works, and also use the yarn i have in quantity at home before buying new yarn.

I will think about it, will I come to play this Cal? It surelly does tempt me.

Merci to you.

FleurBelge

It's just a fun game to see how much stash you can use, or buy in a year.  We start new every year, with 0 for a score and then we add points when we use up yarn and subtract when we buy, receive, or are gifted yarn.  It's a fun game and we just like to see who is buying and who is really trying to be good and not buy.

We post the scores weekly, monthly and then at the end of the year.

We can make anything we want, and knit or crochet it.  It doesn't matter how you use it, as long as you are using it up. 

And when someone posts a 0 for the week, it means they have not used up a skein or bought any yarn for the week.  Everyone is welcome to join this group and play along.

Starting the week in the positive.  Although I'm headed to AC Moore tomorrow and they are having a big yarn sale.  We'll have to see if I can resist.  I'm not going there for yarn. 

I'm glad to see this yarn being used as I bought it for a doll project last year and never got to making it. 

+2

I just joined the Community  part and want to join in this Stashbusting CAL!

As a result of this commitment, I have rolled 2 balls of yarn from my stash!

And despite all of the ads in the paper and online for yarns on sale I am resisting!

This should be fun!

Welcome! The yarn I buy is almost always either for a specific project or on sale--I can't resist the sales!

I played with the idea of entering my stash into ravelry before before I laughed it of as a study in insanity. Not that the stash is so huge I couldn't DO it but I realized that I'd just ignore it. The other option I could have seen happening was that I'd feelthe need to keep it stocked up! "oh no! I'm low on pea green and dusty rose! What if I possibly need those for a possible WIP in the future at some point? Ooooh... Maybe I should pick up some orange just in case..." now, mind you, I rarely use orange if I can help it but that would happen.

I played with the idea of entering my stash into ravelry before before I laughed it of as a study in insanity. Not that the stash is so huge I couldn't DO it but I realized that I'd just ignore it. The other option I could have seen happening was that I'd feelthe need to keep it stocked up! "oh no! I'm low on pea green and dusty rose! What if I possibly need those for a possible WIP in the future at some point? Ooooh... Maybe I should pick up some orange just in case..." now, mind you, I rarely use orange if I can help it but that would happen.

I get what you are saying. I would probably feel that way too.

Archived