2014 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-12 Joann's order arrived.  If I don't shoot the moon this week it won't be for a lack of buying.  I am using up yarn.  Just not enough from one source to finish off anything.  However, it will come as these skeins and balls eventually finish off.  At least I'm finishing projects which is my real goal.

Finished off another skein on my double strand giant granny. Those pound ones take forever! Also, I happily found out that the Red heart yarn Super saver matched color perfectly with the caron one pound, which I had thought they were similar but not the same. (both were stash yarn so I was ok with the possible color discrepancy.) on the down side, I'm not really liking my color combo as I go on- sage with beige. Oh well, maybe when I have it spread over a bed or couch it'll be better. I do like the weight of the Afghan though as I'm working it. So that makes me +4 for the week so far.

I didn't do too badly this week.  I had used up 8 points, then bought 4 skeins so that gave me a zero.  Then I worked really hard on this afghan that I'm working on and used up two large skeins of red heart in pale yellow.  I'm posting early because I don't know what kind of day this will be.  Supposed to get up to 10 inches of snow.  I am tired of winter!

WTD = +4  YTD = +24 :manyheart

I used up a skein this week! I'm looking at ordering more yarn next week; I've got to get moving on using stuff up... ^_^;;

ETA: I used up another skein! Just now! Maybe if I work hard I can kill the last bit of this other one here tonight, too. :D

EATA: WOOHOO I DID! ...although it's starting to look like I'm going to need more of these colors to finish this afghan.

WTD +6 (wooooooo, first non-zero score is a positive!)

Welcome to the group, treetybird87!

I just remembered I was given 4 skeins by the local knitting/prayer shawl group (I'm the black sheep crocheter) to make a lapghan. Hopefully I can finish the skein I'm working with on another afghan. But for now....-2.

WTD -35  YTD -100

I'm going to post now.  If I finish anything I'll post it to next week's score.  I don't think it will make much of a dent in this week's buying binge.  However, I am pleased to note I have some skinnier skeins and yarn balls and some finished doll projects.  So while the numbers don't reflect it I am making progress. :yes  :lol  :lol 

Just a bit of stitching this week. No purchases. Still taking it one day at a time, its difficult when so much is on sale, but hanging on. Did use 2 skeins on the shawl i am just about finished with. So

WTD: +4

Hi Everyone...

My scores this week are:

WTD:  +11  YTD +27

I got fed up with my overflowing number of leftover yarn balls at the end of the year and have been concentrating on projects that involve using them up since November 2013.

This week's yarn accomplishments include finishing a couple hats, a scarf, and a pair of fingerless mittens for the homeless. (Thanks to all who use their yarn skills in this manner....this has been a hard winter for the homeless!) Also used yarn this week finishing one pink baby blanket and created several squares from left over baby yarn for another baby blanket.

Used 9 balls of yarn and rolled 2 skeins into balls this week  :yay  :clap

Archived