2014 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

Not much crocheting this week.  All of us had the flu which morphed into pneumonia for my DD and into bronchitis/sinusitis for me.  DH is well now, but DS is fighting a spiking temperature.  I'm so thankful for juice, toast, hot tea and antibiotics!

For week ending Jan. 25, 2014:

WTD:  0   /  YTD:  -11

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to go ahead and call it for the week. I plan to work a little on my afghan and I'm close to changing skeins, but I don't know that I'll get there in the next 25 minutes.

So, it's ugly this week:

WTD: -11 YTD: -46

Not much crocheting this week.  All of us had the flu which morphed into pneumonia for my DD and into bronchitis/sinusitis for me.  DH is well now, but DS is fighting a spiking temperature.  I'm so thankful for juice, toast, hot tea and antibiotics!

For week ending Jan. 25, 2014:

WTD:  0   /  YTD:  -11

Oh Dear!!  I sure hope you are all well on the road to recovery... :hug

I'm going to go ahead and call it for the week. I plan to work a little on my afghan and I'm close to changing skeins, but I don't know that I'll get there in the next 25 minutes.

So, it's ugly this week:

WTD: -11 YTD: -46

...so that means next week will be AMAZING, right?  :wink

Got home tonight and well... my stash busting just went back into the hole lol...went to a workshop weekend put on by the extension office..LOTS of farmers there with alpaca YARN!  ok only one came home with me...but the CAL for the Amy cardigan came today for 5 more..

Well I forgot to post yesterday :( can I still post? I bought one skein for a hat, used a skein for a scarf and 2 balls of yellow for baby outfit. So that puts me at

+2 WTD +3 for YTD I think...

Try to post your scores on Saturday, but they will be listed as long as the weekly list hasn't been posted yet.

? I see some people posting that they rolled a ball so that's +1... We get points for rolling and usin balls?

Rolling a skein into a ball is 1 point, then using that ball is 1 point = 2 points for the skein.

I didn't get nearly as much used up as I wanted. I started a new c2c afghan with 5 different colors, however due to the color changes I haven't used up a skein of any of them yet. Score for week ending 1/25/14:

Wtd: +3

Ytd: +2

Stashbusting scores for the week of 1/25/14 are as follows:

Gold medal: rebby +34

Silver medal: CLLinda +16

Bronze medal: greyhoundgrandma +11

Using up yarn:

ihasaspolady +6

mva5493 +4

Shining_Star +3

Hazeleyedbeauty +2

Holding Steady:

Addicted2patterns

BigPinkPolkaDot

crabbyrat

krazycrocheter

Pineknott

VikingRunnerGirl

Being naughty:

Shannert -1

kiwikitti -2

howieann -11

FrLopLady -12

Bailey -46

Braxxi -62

Drumroll please.....

Shoot the moom winner is:

PBLKNP -80

If there is anybody I missed or scores wrong let me know. Thanks!

When you get to roll the yarn into a ball, because you have used about half of the skein or more, then you count it as 1 point.  When you use up the ball you made, then it's counted as another  point.  You can only count 2 points per skein.  I hope that clears things up.

Stashbusting scores for the week of 1/25/14 are as follows:

Using up yarn:

ihasaspolady +6

mva5493 +4

Shining_Star +3

kiwikitti and Hazeleyedbeauty +2

If there is anybody I missed or scores wrong let me know. Thanks!

I'm going to blame my baby brain but I just realized I should be - 2 not +2. When you add 2 to - 4, you get -2. For being really good at math, I haven't a clue how I managed this!

YTD Scores for the end of January:

Gold Medal Winner: lhasaapsolady +40

Silver Medal Winner: rebby +39

Bronze Medal Winner: CLLinda +20

Shannart +16

greyhoundgrandma +15

kiwikitty +6

mva5493 +4

Hazeleyebeauty +3

Shining_Star +2

crabby rat +2

prettywoman030981 0

VikingRunnerGirl 0

pineknott 0

krazycrocheter -6

Addicted2patterns -8

BigPinkPolkaDot -11

FrLopLady -12

Braxxi -36

howieann -46

Bailey4 -65

January Shoot the Moon winner: PBLKNP -92

Rolled a skein into a ball.  Starting to work for next week's score.  And with the weather they are predicting, I think I will be crocheting and knitting up a storm this week. 

I'm hoping that the library will close tomorrow and then I'll get to play some more. If we're open, I'll have some extra time in the evening, though. My mom offered to keep the girls overnight so I don't have to take them out in the nastiness at 8:30pm. I've got a good start, though, for the week. Already at +4.

YTD Scores for the end of January:

Gold Medal Winner: lhasaapsolady +40

Silver Medal Winner: rebby +39

Bronze Medal Winner: CLLinda +20

Shannart +16

greyhoundgrandma +15

kiwikitty +6

mva5493 +4

Hazeleyebeauty +3

Shining_Star +2

crabby rat +2

prettywoman030981 0

VikingRunnerGirl 0

pineknott 0

krazycrocheter -6

Addicted2patterns -8

BigPinkPolkaDot -11

FrLopLady -18

Braxxi -36

howieann -46

Bailey4 -65

January Shoot the Moon winner: PBLKNP -92

Thank you for posting the YTD scores. I have been busy and just remembered I needed to do this.

Thank you for posting the YTD scores. I have been busy and just remembered I needed to do this.

No problem. It started out with the moderator posting the monthly scores and has sort of evolved to both sets of scores being posted together when it's convenient for the shoot the moon person, so I don't mind at all.

I finished up a skein on an afghan, so I'm starting out the week on the right foot, if I can stay away from sales....+2.

Haven't finished up a ball of skein yet since joining this, due to the project I'm working on being a bunch of single crochets in long rows. But thanks to what's being called Chiberia....I haven't been tempted to go out an buy anymore either. I've always gone to stores to buy yarn, I've yet to buy any online. Probably cause I'm impatient lol.

Anyway just to recap my scores so far.

WTD = 0 YTD = 0

Ok just to clarify this for myself.  I posted the first for the week..and the 2nd for the next time period..but it doesn't matter!  it's all yarn... So my WTD through 1/25 was -12 and my YTD is also -12 not the -18 that was posted.  I think that has to be some kind of record for me lol.

I used up one more skein on a baby blanket so I have a +6. makes my tyd an even 0 yay!!!

WTD +6
Ytd 0

Got home tonight and well... my stash busting just went back into the hole lol...went to a workshop weekend put on by the extension office..LOTS of farmers there with alpaca YARN!  ok only one came home with me...but the CAL for the Amy cardigan came today for 5 more..

I think I will be working on prayer shawls for the next couple of days.  So we will see how much yarn I can use up as I am stuck in the house with wind chills of -40 or something like that.  It's darn cold here.  Schools are cancelled.  My daughter is a teacher for dist. #47 and her husband is a teacher for Dist. 155.  And my son goes to the junior college, so he's home too. 

Archived