2014 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

I would do the same thing howieann. Either that or use it and forget to update totals on a regular basis and have to start over again.

Back to the topic.... I used up a skein last night. Starting off the week good. Almost through another tonight.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't entered all my stash, but I find I do refer to it and assign it to projects in my queue.  I think it has prevented me from buying yarn for a project a few times.  I find it especially handy for all those oddball skeins I pick up at Tuesday Morning. 

I played with the idea of entering my stash into ravelry before before I laughed it of as a study in insanity. Not that the stash is so huge I couldn't DO it but I realized that I'd just ignore it. The other option I could have seen happening was that I'd feelthe need to keep it stocked up! "oh no! I'm low on pea green and dusty rose! What if I possibly need those for a possible WIP in the future at some point? Ooooh... Maybe I should pick up some orange just in case..." now, mind you, I rarely use orange if I can help it but that would happen.

Got a windfall today!  Just packed up and shipped 8 skeins from my Vanna's Choice stash to the person who's joining a comfortghan, so starting off the week with a +16!  I plan to finish my scarf so will go through the remaining 2 balls of the soft and squooshy.  Hoping to use stash yarn for the lace knitting class I'm taking this week, but if what I have isn't suitable I may have to buy something.  I'll post my final tally for the week on Saturday as usual.

I want to join again this year.  Hopefully my scores will be a lot different from last year.  I am going "cold sheep" this year.  I know that there will be times when I need a skein to finish a project, and I do plan buy from knit picks if they do their big sale for cyber monday but I really want to get this out of control stash more manageable..  I have a bit of extra incentive, my family and both of my knit/crochet groups actually laughed at me when I said I was going on a yarn diet for 2014.  So, when I get we I will have to remember they think I won't do this, lol.

Either that or use it and forget to update totals on a regular basis and have to start over again

Not updating has been the problem with my written list in the past. Plus hopefully being able to look through and see the pictures will inspire me to use up some of the different yarns (like the suedes) that have just been sitting on the shelf.

Got a windfall today!  Just packed up and shipped 8 skeins from my Vanna's Choice stash to the person who's joining a comfortghan, so starting off the week with a +16! l.

Great way to start the week!

I want to join again this year.  Hopefully my scores will be a lot different from last year.  I am going "cold sheep" this year.  I know that there will be times when I need a skein to finish a project, and I do plan buy from knit picks if they do their big sale for cyber monday but I really want to get this out of control stash more manageable..  I have a bit of extra incentive, my family and both of my knit/crochet groups actually laughed at me when I said I was going on a yarn diet for 2014.  So, when I get we I will have to remember they think I won't do this, lol.

Welcome back!

So, I just put in my post for the 2014 crochet Olympics game. This should help me get some of my stash down! Though I think I might have to buy a skein to finish it depending on the color scheme: cherry blossoms (might need to buy the right pink) or wildflowers (total scrap one). Hmmm.

Oh how I understand you KiwiKitti ,

I also want to be sure I can find any yarn color when needed in my stach,

so no I will never give  my stach away, but i must learn to use it before buying new yarn...and finish all my models crochet works unfinished. Kind regards, FleurBelge

I played with the idea of entering my stash into ravelry before before I laughed it of as a study in insanity. Not that the stash is so huge I couldn't DO it but I realized that I'd just ignore it. The other option I could have seen happening was that I'd feelthe need to keep it stocked up! "oh no! I'm low on pea green and dusty rose! What if I possibly need those for a possible WIP in the future at some point? Ooooh... Maybe I should pick up some orange just in case..." now, mind you, I rarely use orange if I can help it but that would happen.

I'm in! I finished out last year at -72. I wonder if I could manage +72 by the end of 2014? :D Nah, I didn't think so either. Here's to a fresh start!

Welcome back!

I thought I was going to finish off this skein on the blanket, but I had to just roll it down into a ball. +3 for the week.

Here is what I have been using yarn on lately.

attachicon.gifIMG_20140121_201333281.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20140119_185622083.jpg

Pretty--love the colors!

Our group is doing a second comfortghan, so just shipped off another 9 skeins of VC to the joiner.  + another 18!

2014 crochet Olympics game...??? Am I missing something???

So, I just put in my post for the 2014 crochet Olympics game. This should help me get some of my stash down! Though I think I might have to buy a skein to finish it depending on the color scheme: cherry blossoms (might need to buy the right pink) or wildflowers (total scrap one). Hmmm.

yes Hazeleyedbeauty

the Russians are organising the winter Olympics games this year 2014/

The 2014 Winter Olympics, officially the XXII Olympic Winter Games, or the 22nd Winter Olympics, are scheduled to take place from 6 to 23 February 2014, in Sochi,[2]Russia, with some events held in the resort town of Krasnaya Polyana.

Amicalement FleurBelge

For details, look under forum, then crochet activities, then 2014 crochet games of ancient greece.

There ARE rewards for sorting and going through your stash. Three little pieces of a skein and three balls later I have 9 points added to the week's score and a finished sleeping mat for the shop cat.   +11 for the week

post-43634-0-26278000-1390484554_thumb.jpg

I finished a skein on a hat and started a scrap granny ghan with the remainder.  I had one going at one time, but as a favor someone cleaned my house..and I think I know where it is..but I just don't care to go look for it!

Also rolled 2 balls.

+4

Now, you all will be proud of me..I had as many as 3 skeins in my arms yesterday and I put all 3 back....... 

ARGH!!! that was hard  :lol

I thought I had enough white yarn stashed away to make my cherry blossom Afghan but turns out I only have one caron lb skein. When I went online to buy some more, I almost just ignored that skein in favor for some red heart that was the perfect color. I ended up not getting them because I'd be adding more stash since I was just guesstimating how much I'd need and only ought two more pounds of the white. So that's a -4 instead of a -12 to - 14. I am now back at zero...

I'm having a really good week so far making hats.  Using up lots of balls of yarn too.  I'm at a +11 so far.

Heading out early to go on a 4 hour drive to go to the hospitals in Lubbock. My grandfather is in one hospital not doing very well and my father in law is in another hospital going to have surgery to remove a 90% blockage from one of the major arteries in his neck. Since it is on both sides of the family, we are all going (me, hubby and 3 kids), so I don't know how much hook time I'll have. I'm taking a baby blanket to work on when I have time when I'm not busy with kids or helping out my family at the hospital. Whatever I have used, I'll just roll over into next week.

WTD: 0 / YTD: 0

I called two LYSs today to see if either carried conductive thread. Neither did, but I toyed with the idea of stopping by the closest one anyway, you know, just to see.... Then I remembered I have no money, and decided not to go. :D

What is conductive thread?

Archived