2014 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used up the last tiny tad bit of orange I had on scrapghan. Does that count as a +2?

Yes, if it started out as a skein and you haven't counted any points on it before.

If it started as a skein and you counted 1 point when you used up most of it and rolled the rest into a ball sometime in the past, then using up the ball would count as 1 point.

Is that clear as mud?!

Didn't see that you had already answered it, Mary!  Pretty hat!

Ok. Count me in for this! My big goal for the year is fully organizing the apartment and getting rid of as much as I can. However the only way any of that stash is leaving is if it's in a finishing project! So it looks like I better get started and maybe finish off a bunch of those wips I have been working on for forever and maybe get a couple afghans done for Christmas as well

Great goal.....I started downsizing the end of last year and am re-organizing as well.  I also finished 3 WIP that had been hanging around for years.  That felt really good. I also frogged an afghan that I have had sitting around for 2 years because I didn't really like how it was turning out, but hadn't wanted to undo all that work.  Good luck  ;)

OMGosh! Your neighbor sounds like my nana.

My nana and granny (dads mom and grandma) both crocheted. Granny had a lot of sickness. stopped crocheting a long time ago. She pasted away a few years ago. Last 10yrs of her life she had Dementia. She moved in with my nana and poppy. Ok at the same time my poppy's grandson moved in. Ok so all that combined with lots of other things from years gone by leads to nana and poppy getting a divorce. So now my nana is living in granny's house. 

They combined crocheted over 50yrs. Two count them 2 houses full of unused yarn and thread.

1. Two big huge plastic bins full.

2. Three closet's with I have no idea how much yarn.

3. Bags and bags of yarn.

And guess what my nana decided to do with it all. You guessed it. Give to me, the current crocheter. OMGOSH!!! I can't even begin to tell you how much yarn that is. Probably at least 300 skeins, balls, and leftover pieces, partial skeins balls whatever....

She said she isn't able to knit as much as she used to, and has more yarn than she will use the rest of her life.  I believe it to.  I have a large stash of yarn, but most of it is in storage 3 states away...I will be going back to Wyoming to get it in the spring.  I moved after losing my job last year. But her stash makes mine look small.  She has a walk in closet and 3/4 of a spare bedroom full of boxes, bags, and bins of yarn. And she has no children....she said she was thankful to find someone who can use the yarn. I was thankful too, as I didn't have a job (I do now  :clap ) and couldn't afford to feed my habit.

How nice for you that you have all that yarn passed on to you to play with  :yes

Been a rough week here with the weather.  But I'm getting a lot of knitting and crochet time.  Making hats for the neighbor girl.  She's 4 and really like when I make her something.  And I'm going through the balls of yarn that are just sitting.

So I'm on hat #2 for her.

So far this week, I'm at a +7.

Well... Back to my beginning of the year habits.. The moon is nice this time of year. On a positive note, I have finished off 1 skein today and have 5 boxed up and ready toto send to a friend.

I used up 2 more skeins on my round ripple last night and the night before. That puts me at +16 for the week so far.

I've got to get myself motivated to sew the cars and wheels onto the blanket I'm working on. Then I can use the leftover balls on a rectangular cat mat. I made the shop cats each a round mat, but one cat keeps laying out straight and hanging off it. I think she may be too fat to curl up on it!

Otherwise I'm working on a tree garland that uses sock yarn, so it's going fairly slowly. My yarn order still hasn't shipped, so I'll make this week positive again.

And I was doing so good.  Then along came my friend at knitting and gave us a whole bunch of yarn.  And I brought a bunch home.  I have to count it up but now I'm in the negative numbers I am sure.

Well, it's 18 points worth of yarn.  so right now, I'm at a negative -11 for the week.  Oh well.  Lots of nice hats will be made from it.

I'm starting the year the same as last year...actually using yarn! I'm sure it won't last...look at my previous years scores! LOL! 

WTD +8

YTD +22

I actually used up 12 skeins this week, but I had to order 8 more to make the afghan I'm working on the size I want it!

I made 16 squares for Warm Up America. Used 4 balls and rolled down 2 skeins (+6) :cheer . I'm going to the "joining party" at Michaels Jan. 25th. I might get more :yarn  if the lady who offered me some was serious . I won't mind, as long as someone else shoots the moon :lol .

WTD: + 6   YTD: + 6

Ellie 13

I managed to use up a skein this week!  I thought I was going to end up breaking even, because I thought I was going to buy a skein of yarn today... but when I checked, the yarn I had in mind is the wrong shade for what I want to use it for, so I left it in the store!!  Yay me... LOL

Week ending 1/11/14

wtd +2 / ytd +2

I used up a ball of the soft n' smooshy stuff I bought last week, so I am

WTD +1/ YTD -1

Would be probably have been +3 for the week, but I got a new MotoX phone and Google Nexus 7 tablet - first ever smartphone and tablet for me, so I have been playing with them and shopping for cases and keyboards and such.  The other five balls of soft n' smooshy will get used in the next week or two as I have a deadline for the scarf I'm making with them.

Archived