2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

Well, I didn't get my pink yarn yesterday!  :(   I have a question for you ladies and gentlemen, where do you find the best yarn deals on the internet?  I'm completely in the boonies, so the only place to purchase yarn is at a Wal-Marts (and its not even a supercenter), I was looking and they have completely gotten rid of the cotton balls, they only had a few cotton cones left, no cotton thread and twelve different colors of Red Heart yarn.  They did have 2 different colors of Sashay and a couple fun fur.  But none of that was what I needed.  I went away sad that they had no pink. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey gang!  I did a bit of hooking this week, and no buying!  I used up a ball, and rolled 3 skeins down to balls... I managed to get a blanket put together and sent out. :)  We have a bunch of stuff going on tomorrow, so I know I won't get even any hook time in, let alone enough to get anything more used... LOL  So... my score is -

WTD +4 / YTD +53 week ending 5/4/2013

:hug

I got 3 afghan strips :crocheting together and rolled down a skein (+1). I hope to get this done next week and use the rest of the skein. I have to work this afternoon, so no more :crocheting till tomorrow.

WTD: + 4  YTD: + 61

Ellie 13

I got to get a lot of hooking time in this week.  I know I can get a few more points in today, but I'll just count that towards next week.

WTD:  +20  YTD:  +76

Have a great weekend.  I'm making another stashbuster tote for a friend.

Wow, some great scores this week! Mine's not great, but at least it's positive!

WTD +1, YTD -13

Ok, looks like there's no fancy fonts from mobile no matter where on the site you try to post from!

¿Tienes un pescado? (My grad school advisor asked a Japanese student to teach her that phrase in Japanese before she went on a trip there, so she'd always have a conversation starter. Since I'm doing Spanish right now, I thought maybe it'd work as filler since I can't change my score font? :lol)

time to report in again......  I have purchased some yarn but I only received part of it so part on this week and probably part on next week lol.  I have a bit of an addiction to ebay but I am getting better. :) purchased a yarn lot with 3 partial skeins of yarn (there was some fun fur as well but it is scraps that I tossed.....don't like the vile stuff! so I am not counting it as it never made it to my stash, lol.  so -3 on the 3 skeins I rolled into balls all three together don't equal a full skein.  I finished the baby blanket I was working using up 2 more skeins of simply soft (limelight).  Yay!  that yarn has been in my stash since the end of the summer 2012,  happy to see it go.  Started on my ocean waves throw  and have used up another skein so far on that so not as good as last week but not to bad I think.

3 partial skeins purchased  -3

2 full skeins simply soft used +4

1 skein used on my ocean waves afghan +2

WTD: +3  YTD:-19

Well I finished up one skein today +2 yay! But then I needed to go to Michaels to get some cotton yarn for a mothers' day gift..boo! I had two coupons to use...yay! So I walked out of Michaels with 7 skeins of yarn..boo! Lol

So then currently I am at -12, if I am lucky I can use up a skein (preferably a cotton one cos they're so small). But oh well it is fun to shop! Yay!

So I managed to use up one more cotton skein on a dishcloth I am working on.

WTD: -10 week of 5/4/13

I'm back on the positive side this week.

WTD +22

YTD -230

Drum Roll....

Braxxi +22 ~~ Gold Medal!
homesteadingwife +20 ~~ Silver Medal!
greyhoundgrandma +16 ~~ Bronze Medal!

BigPinkPolkaDot +5
crabby rat +4
Ellie 13 +4
deanna6812 +3

Just-in +3

mva5493 +3
Shining Star +3
cshort +1
VikingRunnerGirl +1

Bailey4 +0
pineknott +0
saffronangel +0

Addicted2patterns -10

crsheridan -69 ~~ Shoot The Moon!

I have a bit of an addiction to ebay but I am getting better.

I've bought a little yarn on ebay, but you sure have to know prices. Some of those people are selling it for way more that the original cost!

I kind of though this might happen! For some reason, when I see 'Shoot the Moon', I think of George Bailey, lasso's, and the song, "Buffalo Gals"... It's A Wonderful Life is one of my favorite movies!

Since next Sunday is Mother's Day, it may be evening before I get the scores posted. Is that alright with everyone? If not, I'll try to carve out some time in the afternoon to sit down at my computer. :)

I've bought a little yarn on ebay, but you sure have to know prices. Some of those people are selling it for way more that the original cost!

I always check out whatever the yarn is online first (if it is something I am not familiar with)  I have found some bargains on ebay.  But at the same time I have seen some things that had me shaking my head thinking no way I would bid.  the same is true of patterns there as well.  just all depends on how much knowledge you have of the items for sale, and how much you are willing to spend I suppose.

Well, I didn't get my pink yarn yesterday!  :(   I have a question for you ladies and gentlemen, where do you find the best yarn deals on the internet?  I'm completely in the boonies, so the only place to purchase yarn is at a Wal-Marts (and its not even a supercenter), I was looking and they have completely gotten rid of the cotton balls, they only had a few cotton cones left, no cotton thread and twelve different colors of Red Heart yarn.  They did have 2 different colors of Sashay and a couple fun fur.  But none of that was what I needed.  I went away sad that they had no pink. 

I have purchased from Hobby Lobby before - they have Red Heart and they also have their brand, "I Love This Yarn" - it's always best to hit up any online store when they are offering free shipping.  Otherwise, you could end up spending as much in shipping as you do on the yarn itself!  :hug

Archived