2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

Everyone should be safe to go shopping this week... I ordered kits and yarn from both Mary Maxim and Herrschners. Then my grandma told me to put her yarn in with mine, since she's in the nursing home. Ready???? I have to count 109 skeins of yarn for the week!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I thought I was going to be able to get out of the negative. I used up one skein but then I needed more yarn for my wifes present and also for socks I am making for me. So currently I am at - 8 for the week.

For the start of the new week I have used up one skein working on a hat. But I also received another package of yarn. Starting off again in the negative but I think I will use up some more yarn by the end of the week.

WTD: -4

Hi! I'm new to Crochetville and was just getting familar with some of what ya'll have here and came across this post!  :rofl  I am actually glad I didn't join earlier in the year or that my sister (who crochets too) hasn't seen this!  She is CONSTANTLY fussing at me to use what I have and stop buying new (but its never the right color or texture or.....you guys know, right??? :2spin ) But with that being said, I have nothing but admiration for all of you and encouraging thoughts!

This Saturday April 27, 2013 will be the last Saturday of the month.  We will need to post our YTD scores as well as our WTD scores.  

It looks like Braxxi is giving us a good reason to go yarn shopping.  109 skeins, wow Braxxi.

There was a thread started a while back in In Search of Patterns about a free jungle pattern from JoAnn's.  Someone eventually posted the link here and I had to make this for my nephew for his birthday in June.  My Mom is making the knitted animals and I am making the free ones from Joann's and adding others from a crochet zoo book  I never got around to making for his brothers and some other free patterns I found. 

Bailey, I want to see pictures of this jungle mat! It sounds intriguing! :D

Since I forgot to get on Saturday (don't ask... >_<) I'll just keep stacking. I was at +1, but then bought a skein at Joann's this week for my rainbow-ghan, so now I'm at -1 so far.

Hi! I'm new to Crochetville and was just getting familar with some of what ya'll have here and came across this post!  :rofl  I am actually glad I didn't join earlier in the year or that my sister (who crochets too) hasn't seen this!  She is CONSTANTLY fussing at me to use what I have and stop buying new (but its never the right color or texture or.....you guys know, right??? :2spin ) But with that being said, I have nothing but admiration for all of you and encouraging thoughts!

LOL! It's never too late to jump in, Trylana, if you'd like! :) You and your sister are welcome.

That's really cute! Has me wondering what other scenes I could come up with....

There was a thread started a while back in In Search of Patterns about a free jungle pattern from JoAnn's.  Someone eventually posted the link here and I had to make this for my nephew for his birthday in June.  My Mom is making the knitted animals and I am making the free ones from Joann's and adding others from a crochet zoo book  I never got around to making for his brothers and some other free patterns I found. 

Finished the last brick red granny round on my rainbow-ghan and rolled the remainder of the skein to a ball: back to +0 for the week, but hoping to break to positives by Saturday!

WTD:  +8   YTD:  +56

I got a lot of crochet in this week.  I used up 3 skiens of yarn and 2 balls.  Hopefully, more will be used up this coming week.

I working on 18" doll dresses for DD Christmas gift and an afghan.  I also need to start working on DS Christmas gift as well.

Have a beautiful Saturday, we're suppose to have rain for most of the day.

I frogged my current shawl project three times this week.  Though the yarn had matching dye lot numbers, some looked darker than others and I couldn't get the right shaded sequence.  I finally found a completely different color that goes well with the light lavender and used that as stripes between the different skeins.  It's working now, but I had to add back points for skeins used.  I did manage to finish a skein on a different shawl though.

For week ending April 27, 2013:

WTD:  +2  /  YTD:  -151

Well I thought I was going to be able to get out of the negative. I used up one skein but then I needed more yarn for my wifes present and also for socks I am making for me. So currently I am at - 8 for the week.

So I got a 15% off coupon for entire purchase for Michaels which I clearly had to use. So I walked out with 4 cotton skeins. -8. Haven't used up anymore yarn either.

WTD: -16 YTD: -184 for week ending 4/27/13

well thank goodness,2 weeks in a row I didn't make any yarn purchases

I was beginning to wonder if I was ever going to get on the + side.

Dragonpuck,hope you are doing okay,its been a long time that you went by your Mom's

wtd + 14 ytd +14

positive numbers this week!  +18 for the 9 skeins I gave away,  1 ruffle scarf made +2, used one full skein on a baby blanket I am working on +2.   A small amount of progress on that mountain that is my stash but it's progress :)  

WTD: +22  YTD:-22

I had a lot of crochet done first thing this week - then things slowed way down... LOL  I did use up 5 balls and skein by Monday, and just used up a second skein tonight... so my score is:

WTD +9 / YTD +49 week ending 4/27/2013

I didn't get a lot of crocheting in this week.  I got side tracked with other things in life as well as other craft projects.  I managed to get one skein to a ball for +1.  I didn't buy anything (despite the temptation from Michaels and their 15% off all purchases coupon)!

WTD: +1     YTD: +63

Archived