2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Used one skein on a shawl I am working on.  Finished up two skeins on my ocean waves afghan.  but needed more yarn for the afghan....so purchased 4 skeins......

so this week

purchased skeins 4  -8

used skeins 3           +6

WTD: -2  

It's been a busy week - and I did manage to use up one skein and roll a skein down to an itty bitty ball so my score for

week ending 5/18/2013 is WTD +3 / YTD +60

Ball practice has officially started for my younger two, and my eldest one still at home is graduating in a week; his open house is next Saturday... Hopefully I still manage to get some yarn play time in while prepping for all that!!  LOL  :hug

Thanks for the offer of posting scores this week 5/18/2013.  It is fine with me.  For various reasons I have not stopped in this CAL or Crochetville for several days now.  Even though I have been crocheting I am still not using up enough yarn to count.  One of the problems is I have had to frog several rows as I had made several mistakes.

WTD: 0

Now I am going to read through this thread and then the rest of Crochetville and see what I have been missing.

Scores for the week ending May 18, 2013:

GOLD MEDAL WINNERS (TIE)

Ellie13 & Shining_Star          +7

SILVER MEDAL WINNERS (TIE)

BigPinkPolkaDot & cshort       +5

BRONZE MEDAL WINNER

Homesteadingwife                +4

Using up yarn:

crabby rat         +3

deanna6812       +3

PBLKNP              +2

Addicted2Patterns     +2

pineknott           +1

jessicali             +1

Holding Steady

Just-In             0

Bailey4              0

VikingRunnerGirl        0

crsheridan        0

tnkycrochetnut          0

Using up yarn

SHOOTIN' THE MOON!!!

MVA5493          -2

Another great week of yarnin'... I was beginning to think we were going to have another non-negative week!  It's amazing to me that a score of -2 shot the moon this week, but it did!!  Sorry I'm late getting it posted. It turned out to be a very busy Sunday for us with church and housecleaning.  Have a great week, everyone!!

:interest Wow, our Shoot the Moon winner for the week wins with a -2.  And last week we did not have a Shoot the Moon winner. :faint  Are all of us beginning to pay attention to the title of this thread - "Stashbusting"? :eek  I don't think so.  Give us some time and then watch out. :rofl

Our internet is down at home, so I'm checking in from the office. I had a +5 for last week. I've been working on a rabbit in pompom yarn, but the pattern seems to have problems and I'll have to contact Michael's before I can go any further with it. I switched to a market bag and have used up two skeins of cotton. +4 so far this week.

I have been busy on the farm, not getting a lot of hooking done.  Bought one skein, used up one, rolled 2 balls.  That is in the last month!  Sad... :D

So glad the lack of progress is due to being busy rather than other reasons. It's definitely the busy time for farms, gardens, and yards.

Picked up two skeins of cotton...a color I needed for a dishcloth....+4 now.

Whoops!!! :oops I just realized this coming Saturday is the last one of the month for May.  We will need to post our YTD totals as well as our WTD totals.  I am looking forward to everyone's scores.  They have got to be better than what mine will be. :shrug

Well I think it looks like I will be the shoot the moon winner, unless (hopefully) someone will beat me. I went into Michaels a few days ago (I swear it calls to me) and walked out with 7 skeins. Some are small and I am working on using them up. I did manage to use up 1 skein yesterday lol. So far I am in the negative at -16. I have been going hook crazy trying to get that number down.

Wow!  I knew I wouldn't be at the top of the leader board with a negative,  but I was a bit shocked to see that a -2 was enough to shoot the moon.  maybe we are getting better about our yarn habits?????  

Every time I am looking for yarn for a specific project it gets me into trouble......because there is always  something new or worse you don't find what you want in one place so you search multiple (picking up a skein or two at each stop along the way, lol).  

Oh well -2 is a lot lower than some weeks and I have been using up yarn that I have had for at least a year this week.......the end of the week  and month  totals will be interesting....

Bought one today for my rainbow-ghan... It's too tempting to use my blue for friendship squares this month, and I was worried I wouldn't have enough. Rounds are going to be getting pretty big by the time I get back to that blue! I rolled a ball of brown tonight though, so I'm only -1 for the week so far....

I'm posting early, because I know I won't get any more yarn used up this weekend... my son graduates from high school Sunday, and we're having his open house Saturday afternoon - so I know I'll be busy with that... I did manage to use up the tail end of a skein this week, so I do have a score!!  :yay

WTD +2 / YTD +62 week ending 5/25/2013

I want to wish everyone a very safe and enjoyable Memorial Day weekend - I hope the weather is just how you want it, and the various get-togethers everyone engages in are wonderful and filled with lots of memories... and I want to thank all of our Servicepeople for all you do/have done/will do to keep our country safe.

:hug  :ghug

I've been working on amis this week and finally managed to finish some balls, so I have another +2 for the week. Plus, I rolled a ball on the bolero for my mom (finished!), so that gives me +5 for the whole week. Would be great if I haven't just received 8 skeins of Lima (by Drops). So it's -11 :( But I'm a figher and plan to crochet the whole evening today to earn some more points (I have lots of WIPs that may give me some points ;))

Free shipping and 20% off at Mary Maxim got me. I ordered yarn for three Marcelle afghans. 27 skeins due to arrive between 6/5 & 6/10. But at least they will be used up before the end of the year since they will be Christmas presents.

I'm posting early, because I know I won't get any more yarn used up this weekend... my son graduates from high school Sunday, and we're having his open house Saturday afternoon - so I know I'll be busy with that... I did manage to use up the tail end of a skein this week, so I do have a score!!  :yay

WTD +2 / YTD +62 week ending 5/25/2013

I want to wish everyone a very safe and enjoyable Memorial Day weekend - I hope the weather is just how you want it, and the various get-togethers everyone engages in are wonderful and filled with lots of memories... and I want to thank all of our Servicepeople for all you do/have done/will do to keep our country safe.

:hug  :ghug

:cheer Congrats to your son!!!  :cheer

Archived