2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

crsheridan, it is fine with me to post scores whenever it is convenient for you.  Mother's Day can be very busy but oh so exciting.

So far I haven't used any up nor bought yarn this week. I did finish a dishcloth but did not manage to used up the skein. I am hoping to get more crocheting done tomorrow to change my scores.

I have crocheted very little this week. I have been working on a shawl, but I haven't made any progress on working the yarn down. I hope I get some hooking time this afternoon and tomorrow otherwise I am going to have a big fat 0 for the week.

I haven't done much this week. :-/ I doubt much will get done and tomorrow's pretty packed for me, so if I don't make it on count this as my score for the week: NUFFIN!

wtd 0, ytd still -13....

Oh shut up, StayFocusd, I don't want you to block sites on Fridays you dumb app. :P

I've been on a road trip through New England most of the week, so I haven't had a huge amount of time to crochet.  I did manage to use up two skeins on dish cloths though, and haven't bought anything, so my score is:

WTD: +4       YTD: +70

What always amazes me with the patterns is when they are selling stuff that is STILL available new for more than you would pay if you bought it either in phamlet, book, or from the designer.  It's harder with the out of print stuff because you do have to research more to find out the best price.  However, when the stuff is still available, it seems ridiculous to pay more than it is selling for new.  I always check to see if the item is out of print before buying from anywhere.  Then I explore my options.

I always check out whatever the yarn is online first (if it is something I am not familiar with)  I have found some bargains on ebay.  But at the same time I have seen some things that had me shaking my head thinking no way I would bid.  the same is true of patterns there as well.  just all depends on how much knowledge you have of the items for sale, and how much you are willing to spend I suppose.

I've been working through some big balls of yarn on some little projects.  They've made a dent, but no yarn finished off.  So I'm still at:

0 WTD/-6 YTD

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there. :garden

I have purchased from Hobby Lobby before - they have Red Heart and they also have their brand, "I Love This Yarn" - it's always best to hit up any online store when they are offering free shipping.  Otherwise, you could end up spending as much in shipping as you do on the yarn itself!  :hug

Thanks Melani,  I'll check them out.  I'll have to start searching more and more.  LOL

Well, I got crochet time this week.

WTD:  +12  YTD:  +88

I hope all of you have a wonderful Mother's Day!  I know what my gift is.  ;)   I made potholders for my MIL.  I hope she'll like them.

I hope to get some crochet time in this week, but I just don't know yet.  We'll see.  Have a great weekend!

it's been a fairly good week.  I did buy  some yarn. 2 skeins from ebay just because.... and 4 skeins for the current afghan I am working on.  but I can balance that so not bad.....I gave  12 skeins to someone who is a fairly new crocheter and doesn't have much of a stash yet. 

6 skeins purchased......-12

skeins used up 2......... +4

skeins gifted...12        +24

WTD:+16  YTD:-3

I managed to use up some yarn this week - just 4 balls but progress is progress so I'll take it!  :lol

WTD +4 / YTD +57 week ending 5/11/2013

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL YOU MOMS OUT THERE!!  (And Aunts, Grandmas, Sisters, etc...)

:hug  :ghug  :hug

I started the week in the negative when I bought 3 skeins for a shawl. But I finished the shawl using a little more than 2 skeins and used 2 more skeins on a sweater. So I'm ending the week with a positive score   wtd +2 ytd +17

GOLD:  Braxxi  +26

SILVER:     mva5493  +16

BRONZE:  homesteadingwife   +12

Using up yarn!!

deanna6812    +4

Shining_Star    +4

crabby rat        +4

crsheridan       +4

Addicted2patterns     +2

cshort        +2

BigPinkPolkaDot     +1

pineknott         +1

Just-in          +1

Holding Steady.....

VikingRunningGirl            0

Bailey4                             0

Saffronangel                    0

greyhoundgrandma         0

The yarn stores have been missing us this week. NOBODY reported a negative score this week.  Could someone who has seen this happen before let me know what I should do for the Shoot the Moon winner for this week? I don't mind doing it again next Sunday, if that is okay with everyone.

Congrats to our Gold, Silver, and Bronze winners - Good job!! :D

Archived