2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

Since February I have used 35 skeins of cotton yarn. 6 skeins of worsted yarn. I have made (as of today) 75 dishcloths Finished 1 afghan. That is only the labels I have saved.<br />I have bought 5 skeins of worsted to go with I already have.<br />Don't have anything else to do right now but knit and crochet. I can't lift anything but I can crochet without moving my shoulder.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My package came in today, so I'm starting the week at -54. Three afghans to be are now patiently waiting on me.

What's that saying---in for a dime, in for a dollar.

I just ordered 18 more skeins: a baby dress, ABC afghan, and a shawl.

Anybody that missed shopping last week, can head on out to the store!

I've been away from crocheting and buying so I haven't had any scores to post.

However I started working on a house warming afghan for my Mom.  If I don't finish it before Christmas it could morph into a Christmas present.

Finished one ball of yarn.  +1

Did some :crocheting , used 2 balls (+2). I've been short of cash, so I haven't bought any :yarn in awhile. My stash is going down :yay , but I don't know what I can make with odd color balls. Any sugesttions :think ? I might have to buy more :yarn to make a baby afghan :lol .

WTD: + 2  YTD: + 78

Ellie 13

Sorry if I posted the scores too early. I was exhausted from running around and wanted to get them in before I passed out. :yes  :yawn

Don't apologize for posting the scores early.  We understand Sunday is a busy day for everyone.  Some of us go to church in the morning.  Some of us have to work Sundays.  Some of us have family activites to attend to.  So whatever time works best for the week's score poster is fine.  I was glad to see that they had been done.

I think this thread is fun, and a great inspiration. Cudos to you all! I would never be able to keep track though, but love reading the posts, lol   you guys must crochet at warp speed, so yarnie, beam me up!

I may be a member of this thread but I do not crochet at warp speed.  I agree with you katyallen8090 they must crochet at warp speed.  It seems every time I turn around someone is posting "Used up another skein.  So that's a +2.  Let's see that makes a +6 for me this week so far."  To which I usually mumble under my breath while reading that, "Yah! Sure!"  For most of my life one of the nicknames my family has for me is "Slowpoke" and I live up to that title quite well thank you very much.  Glad you are enjoying reading the Stashbusting Thread 2013.

Did some :crocheting , used 2 balls (+2). I've been short of cash, so I haven't bought any :yarn in awhile. My stash is going down :yay , but I don't know what I can make with odd color balls. Any sugesttions :think ? I might have to buy more :yarn to make a baby afghan :lol .

WTD: + 2  YTD: + 78

Ellie 13

I was looking through the CAL threads today and found one titled "Drum Afghan" that I just had to check out... the pictures didn't show up on my phone but when I copy/pasted the image links they're still on photobucket. Looked like it would be a fun way to use a lot of different colors!

I may be a member of this thread but I do not crochet at warp speed.  I agree with you katyallen8090 they must crochet at warp speed.  It seems every time I turn around someone is posting "Used up another skein.  So that's a +2.  Let's see that makes a +6 for me this week so far."  To which I usually mumble under my breath while reading that, "Yah! Sure!"  For most of my life one of the nicknames my family has for me is "Slowpoke" and I live up to that title quite well thank you very much.  Glad you are enjoying reading the Stashbusting Thread 2013.

It helps a lot when it's 2 oz (or other small sized) skeins or when two strands are used together. My preferred evening activity is listening to an audiobook and crocheting, although I don't always get a chance to do that.

I used up a skein of cotton yesterday, but it had been mostly used previously. Today I'm getting close to the end of a regular skein, but I spent 2 hours at the service station waiting on my truck this morning and had a fair amount of crocheting time this evening. So now I'm down to  -88 for the week!

Thursday: I bought 3 skeins today for a rabbit snuggly....-94.

:yay:woo  So far have not used any of my birthday money for yarn.  And the really good news is I used  up a skein of yarn this week.  So my score for the week ending June 8, 2013 is:

WTD: +2

Archived