2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

found a few skeins that I just had to have this week......no serious plans for it other than petting it for now, lol

7 skeins -14 

I did manage to use up 2 skeins of yarn on the the shawls I am working on this week. +4

so my totals:

WTD:-10  YTD:-26

I actually did manage to crochet - and I did it (mostly) last Saturday when I thought the day was going to be full!   :lol  Last Saturday ended up getting rescheduled to this Saturday, so what hooking I managed to get done was all done last week and could have been counted then... but since I had already posted my score, I didn't worry about it, and just counted that on this week... :wink

Anyway, I used up a skein and my hubby helped me wrangle an unruly skein into a nice tame ball... so my score is

WTD +3 / YTD +65 week ending 6/08/2013

FInished off two skeins of cotton (+4) and didn't buy any yarn this week.  I'm so pleased with how helpful I've found this CAL, seeing as I've managed to avoid buying any yarn since joining, apart from a few skeins I had to buy for a specific project I had started.

WTD: +4

I'll post my scores and be off to do the weeks totals.

WTD +8

YTD -468

Braxxi +8 ~~ Gold Medal
Bailey4 +5 ~~ Silver Medal
deanna6812 +4 ~~ Bronze Medal

crabby rat +3
Ellie 13 +3
Addicted2patterns +2

BigPinkPolkaDot +2
cshort +2
prettywoman030981 +2
tnkycrochetnut +2

homesteadingwife +0
Just-in +0

pineknott +0
Shining Star +0

VikingRunnerGirl -2

mva5493 -10
greyhoundgrandma -90 ~~ Shoot the Moon!

Braxxi +8 ~~ Gold Medal

Bailey4 +5 ~~ Silver Medal

deanna6812 +4 ~~ Bronze Medal

crabby rat +3

Ellie 13 +3

Addicted2patterns +2

BigPinkPolkaDot +2

cshort +2

prettywoman030981 +2

tnkycrochetnut +2

homesteadingwife +0

Just-in +0

pineknott +0

Shining Star +0

VikingRunnerGirl -2

mva5493 -10

greyhoundgrandma -90 ~~ Shoot the Moon!

I find myself :rofl at the fact that last week you shot the moon, and this week you took the gold!!  Way to go, Braxxi!!  :D

:yay  :dance  :bow  :cheer  :woo Wow!!  It seems there were quite a few of us using up yarn this week and a few holding steady.  Only 3 of us were stashbuilding instead of stashbusting.  But I know those 3 were having a blast.  But its also a blast when you use up some yarn.  At least for me since I was holding steady for so long.

Deana6812 I am glad that you are finding this CAL so helpful.  Good job on justing buying some that was needed for a project.  I am afraid I fall for pretty colors with or without a project in mind.  Also if the yarn is on sale and there is free shipping or very little shipping cost.  For instance earlier this year Joann.com had shipping for less than a dollar plus no minimum amount you had to purchase.  This was to commemerate a special day but  forgot what day it was so don't remember the exact amount of shipping cost.  

prettywoman030981 Sorry to hear your dog destroyed a skein of yarn.  Especially since it was you needed for a project.

Braxxi Way to go.  Shoot the Moon winner one week and the very next week you win a Gold medal.  What fun you had both weeks.

Okay, everybody.  Let those crochet hooks fly this coming week. :crocheting

Today I used up a skein working on the wedding blanket, hopefully I will have another one to count tomorrow...unfortunately I plan on making a trip to Michaels for some cotton yarn. They have some good deals I won't be able to pass up. But I have plans for them, I am making some fish potholders for my sister's in laws birthday.

So far I am at +2.

I haven't used up anything this week.  It's been crazy!  LOL  I'm posting now because tomorrow will be a continuation of the crazy, sort of cramming all the crazy from the week into one day... :rofl

WTD 0 / YTD +65 week ending 6/15/2013

I hope you all have a fantastic Father's Day weekend... :hug

I have fallen behind on this list.  So trying to post my score now for tomorrow.  It is a accumulation of the last month or more!  Luckily I've not bought a whole bunch...  

-36 of what I've bought, but used up one skein and used up most of another for a ball rolled... for +3

WTD -36

Unfortunately I am in the negative. I purchased 6 skeins at Michaels the other day, mostly cotton. I did manage to use up another skein but still in the negative.

WTD: -8 for week of 15 June 2013.

I am having a busy day.  Unfortunately my being busy has nothing to do with crocheting.  So I am going to post my score now:

6/15/2013 WTD: 0

Archived