2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

I finished a partial (1/2 ?) and rolled a skein down making scarves (+2) :cheer . So far I've sent 8 scarves to charity. I've finished 2 more and I'm working on a 3rd. When I got my bin of crochet magazines down, a bag of :yarn  fell on me. A lot of 1/2 skeins and balls blues, brown, tan and off white. Must be leftovers from an afghan I gave my brother (2009 - 10 :think?). There's enough to make a blue/white baby afghan. Now I just have to decide what pattern to use :lol .

WTD:  + 2  YTD:  + 81

Ellie 13

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been working on a baby blanket, as part of a drive my LYS is doing for Oklahoma, and I was really hoping to finish another two skeins today, but sadly such was not meant to be, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +6 YTD -14

:D 

Finished off two balls last night for +2

Rolled two more for my afghan project for +2

That brings me to the positive side for the first time ever in my YTD totals!!!!

WTD +4  YTD +3

Scores for W/E 6/15/13

Gold Medal: greyhoundgrandma +8

Silver Medal: PBLKNP +6

Bronze Medal: Bailey4 +4

Using up stash:

cshort +2

Ellie 13 +2

Just-in +2

Shining_Star +2

Holding steady--0:

pineknott

tnkycrochetnut

BigPinkPolkaDot

crabby rat

deanna6812

New stash:

Addicted2patterns -8

Shoot the Moon winner: FrLopLady -36

Silver medal??? WooHoo!!!

Hopefully my score will be higher next week, as I plan to send some extra yarn to a friend who has no local source for yarn.

+1 Rolled another ball for this afghan.  I have to get this done so I can start working on doll projects.  I saw a sale at Mary Maxim so I bought another donation doll kit.  Now I have to finish the ones I already have.

Homespun yarns makes something twitch, but it's not my wallet!!!

I love how it feels, but hate working with it.

The first afghan I ever made I did with Homespun. It took me forever to learn how to see the stitches and my rows kept changing size because of it. I had no idea how heavy it was going to be and how much bigger, so I just replaced it one to one for worsted weight - and added stitches to boot, since I wanted it to be long enough for my 6'4" husband. Except I calculated the extra stitches necessary by - you guessed it! - using the worsted weight gauge provided in the pattern! This thing is huge. It's probably not the aspect ratio I'd usually prefer because I definitely eventually went "Ok, I'm done with this now!" and just put the border on! But it's so big, you can't really tell. We use it as a couch cover in winter - it easily covers seat and arms and back on our full size sofa and makes it snuggly warm into the bargain.

And yet I still like using Homespun! :D I'm always very careful about stitch counting when I use it, though....

Plus 4 for the week so far - received two skeins of yarn from my May FFA square buddy. ^_^ And cheerfully awaiting some skeins from Knitpicks. I had to stop my running streak halfway through due to an overuse injury, and I was feeling sulky and crabby and bought yarn instead. :) I'm hoping they come tomorrow.

I managed to use up several skeins this week, as I gave yarn away to a good friend. He's living in NM in a tiny town that's ages away from the nearest yarn store of any kind! So, my total for the week is:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +64 YTD +50

forgot to post scores for last week so I will just combine it with this week's scores.  I found a few skeins I just could not resist on sale or clearance except for one I got just because I liked it lol.  I also finished my circular motif shawl using up 3 skeins of paton's metallic.  Working on my votrex shawl a lot this week so I managed to use up 1 skein of paton's lace....about half way through the second skein but that one will be part of next week's total hopefully.  also used one skein of stork cotton on shawl number 3 I am working on this week.

6 skeins purchased= -12

5 skeins used up = +10

so totals are as follows:

WTD:-2  YTD:-28

I didn't get to post last week, it wouldn't have mattered.  I was still at zero, very little crochet got done.  As I'm just about finished with my daughter's main Christmas gift, I just need to sew the beads on.  I wanted to be ready to start on my son's Christmas gift.  So, I went through my stash and did not have one skein of Navy Blue.  So I ordered my yarn and didn't think it would arrive yesterday. 

WTD:  -26

I also got started on my son's Christmas gift yesterday, while Crochetville was down.  I almost got one of the skeins of yarn used.  Hopefully, I'll have it used later today, I'll count that toward next's week score.  I'm thankful that I had +94 for YTD.  LOL  I took that number down and I know I'll need another color for his gift.

We're back up.

Used up another ball and just have one more row for this afghan!!! +1

My new doll kit came in with three skeins of yarn -6

That leaves me with -3 for the week but I'm still positive for the year with +2!!!!

WTD -3  YTD +2

Archived