Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

We have no snow at the moment, which is fantastic because the UK has no idea what to do when it snows. It's like, when it snows the whole country panics and goes into turmoil. Schools close at the first sign of snow settling. Having lived in Sweden, I just laugh now. Over there, you can walk to the stores in -20C and everything is still running. Schools stay open unless the doors physically can't open etc.

However, stay safe all. :hug I'll just snuggle up in my nice warm blankie and send some "no snow" and "warm" wishes to you snowy people. :D:hug

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think my brain is still on vacation. I almost forgot to say

Thank you bgs for the beautiful squares and towel.

Thank you queseraseraap for the wonderful square.

Glad to see they made it and you are very welcome. 

Hope everyone is safe out there! We only got about 3-4 inches.......

kuddles

I don't want to live long enough to see this much snow ever again.  I said that two years ago when we got hit and I think we got more this time.  Hubby and I have spent hours yesterday and today shoveling out. 

Glad to see they made it and you are very welcome. 

I don't want to live long enough to see this much snow ever again.  I said that two years ago when we got hit and I think we got more this time.  Hubby and I have spent hours yesterday and today shoveling out. 

Yeah we got that one two years ago, no work/school for two days and the drifts were over my head! I also never want one like that again! However DD keeps praying for snow!

kuddles

Yesterday I got my birthday swap package from Skoggy.  Amongst the goodies, she even sent me two squares!  I'm ashamed to say that I forgot to send her hers.  I owe you, Skoggy!  

Here are the pictures of the squares she sent me and then a picture of all the squares together.  I just love the way it's all coming together.  I estimate that I need about 17 more 6-inch squares and one more 3-inch square to complete the square on the lower left-hand corner.  I'm also asking for 3-inch squares; so I'd love some of those 6-inch squares to be sets of four 3-inch squares.  

Thank you, everyone! 

Congrats to our two expectant ladies and warm wishes to everyone snowed in.  We have plenty of sunshine to go around from L.A. :)

post-44469-0-82430700-1361582614_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-72764100-1361582622_thumb.jpg

Hi Everyone!  I've got to get my squares done for our queen!  I finished my afghan for my niece tonight.  She arrives tomorrow, so I really hope she likes it.  So, now I will be hunting for some yarn and making squares to send out to the queen. 

Congrats, and stay warm, and hope everyone is doing well.  Also, beautiful eye candy!

post-54847-0-93570500-1361584862.jpg

post-54847-0-09671900-1361584891_thumb.jpg

post-54847-0-89219600-1361584912_thumb.jpg

That Emma huh, with all she has on her plate, such a little doll!     

Katherine Elaine, so nice to hear from you too! Hope you can find the time and CHAT with us, or rather at us, lol more often! What else, oh, we got about 8 inches of snow with Storm Q, and more to come probably on monday, but although a lot of snow, won't last too long this late in the season, so not to worry.......

Oh yes, Angelroselite, i understand, needs only about 17 more 6 inchers, and one three incher to complete the layout of her ghan! We will do what we can, and if you get some more, please keep us updated on the amount needed as we go along! Thanks!

WOW abiigail !! That is one gorgeous afghan!!!!!!!

Katie, you are so lucky to have only gotten about 8 inches of show! We got over a foot, and the front of our van is burried in it! Thankfully, we have a great neighbor who let us use his car to make a grocery run earlier!!! :)  I'm just hopeful that if it does snow Monday, it will be very light and goes away quickly! I do NOT want to be snowed in again like we were this week! :no 

Hope you all are doing well! :hug s for all!

Woke up today feeling yucky, and starting to feel even worse. :( I think I'm calling it a lazy day after I finish up a few things, and then the only thing I'll be picking up is my hook to work on a baby blanket for the little miss I'm carrying. Deffnetly not doing much more than that the rest of this weekend!   How's everyone else doing today?

Hope you are all well and enjoying your weekend! :hug s for all!

It's been a yucky day here also.  Raining, foggy, hubby has a sinus infection and I woke this morning with a headache.  I think I know how you are feeling :hug  I also made it a crocheting day.  Sat on the couch and make squares today so hope to get some mailed out this week.  Need to check and see you needs them.  Hope every is doing well and I do have to say, we did not get snow and I'm real happy about that and feeling bad for those that did.

It's been a cold, rainy day here.  Thankfully, everyone in my house is healthy.  I'll be happy if the germs stay away.  We had a hectic weekend.  Yesterday was Joy #2's birthday.  He's now 13.  He had three friends over for the evening (two spent the night) plus we had our weekly Bible study last night.  In total we had 12 people for dinner plus one precious 5 month old baby boy.  We had a good time.  Needless to say, when all the teenage boys left this morning, I enjoyed the peace and quiet.  My kids have been asking if they could play on the Xbox or watch tv and I've been a meanie and told them no.  I turned on the radio about an hour ago and have been sitting here working on - what else - bunny slippers while I listen to music!  DH and the boys are at a Men's Wild Game dinner so it's just me and my DD here...  All in all - a really great day. 

ImmaFreek, KatieBug and Pat54, I hope you are all feeling better.

Those of you in the snow, I hope you are staying warm and safe, weather like that is why I stay in Florida.

AngelRoseLite,the squares are very pretty.

Abigail1280, the afghan is beautiful.

I spent most of the day in my sewing room. I made a Snow White apron for my daughter, just needs a little hand finishing work. And I cut out a Mickey Mouse shirt for my grandson's birthday next month.

I received some beautiful squares today from Smith, Vikingrunner Girl, and Pat54. Thank you soooooo much, I love the squares. :manyheart

Here are pictures of the squares I received today and a picture of the first row of squares I've put together.

post-4459-0-07035800-1361665525_thumb.jpgpost-4459-0-33614600-1361666174_thumb.jpgpost-4459-0-51879300-1361666737_thumb.jpgpost-4459-0-18785300-1361667267_thumb.jpg

Wow! Gorgeous squares!

Once I'm moved and settled (even though we STILL haven't heard about the house :( ), I'm going to go through the biggest squares list and send to all I haven't sent to yet. I am getting my own craftroom in this new house so it means I can craft in some semblance of order. Can't wait to post a pic of my new room. :cheer

It's been a while since I sent any non-swap related squares out. :( Sorry.

Katie, you are so lucky to have only gotten about 8 inches of show! We got over a foot, and the front of our van is burried in it! Thankfully, we have a great neighbor who let us use his car to make a grocery run earlier!!! :)  I'm just hopeful that if it does snow Monday, it will be very light and goes away quickly! I do NOT want to be snowed in again like we were this week! :no 

Hope you all are doing well! :hug s for all!

Yeah, never fails, some days when i can go out, I don't, then there are days you can't and all you want to do is get out!! It's melting though, big piles shrinking, thats the good thing about late season storms, they might dump a lot, but they don't last long!

Happy Saturday, everyone!  It's a cold, wet day here - a good day for some hookin'!  :)

You got that right, sun out here, but still a bit chilly! Thanks goodness for yarn and a hook eh!! lol

working on the second square for this month's Queen,hopefully will get it out on Monday

that's great, we are almost up to the part where I have to pick another queen....ACCKK>>> lol

It's been a yucky day here also.  Raining, foggy, hubby has a sinus infection and I woke this morning with a headache.  I think I know how you are feeling :hug  I also made it a crocheting day.  Sat on the couch and make squares today so hope to get some mailed out this week.  Need to check and see you needs them.  Hope every is doing well and I do have to say, we did not get snow and I'm real happy about that and feeling bad for those that did.

ah thanks, hope you feel better tomorrow!

ImmaFreek, KatieBug and Pat54, I hope you are all feeling better.

Those of you in the snow, I hope you are staying warm and safe, weather like that is why I stay in Florida.

AngelRoseLite,the squares are very pretty.

Abigail1280, the afghan is beautiful.

I spent most of the day in my sewing room. I made a Snow White apron for my daughter, just needs a little hand finishing work. And I cut out a Mickey Mouse shirt for my grandson's birthday next month.

I received some beautiful squares today from Smith, Vikingrunner Girl, and Pat54. Thank you soooooo much, I love the squares. :manyheart

Here are pictures of the squares I received today and a picture of the first row of squares I've put together.

attachicon.gifSmith.jpgattachicon.gifVikingrunnerGirl.jpgattachicon.gifPat54.jpgattachicon.gifsquares 008.jpg

Wow, very nice, loving the colors!

Wow! Gorgeous squares!

Once I'm moved and settled (even though we STILL haven't heard about the house :( ), I'm going to go through the biggest squares list and send to all I haven't sent to yet. I am getting my own craftroom in this new house so it means I can craft in some semblance of order. Can't wait to post a pic of my new room. :cheer

It's been a while since I sent any non-swap related squares out. :( Sorry.

well, gee wonder how come! nOT like you have had your HANDS full latley, lol don't worry, things will be much better when the girls get to feeling good, and you are MOVED into your own house! I have my fingers crossed still, little hard to crochet with that, but I manage, lol           I do a lot of the cross stitch, ha ha ha.....it ws there ladies, forgive me, had to say it! 

Katy, I recieved the squares you sent me! They are lovely and will deffnetly work in with my afghan!!! :ty  :hug s and :manyheart !!!   I decided to make a trip up to the mailboxes just a few minutes ago and was yelling that I had a puffy! I'm sure whoever heard me thinks I'm nuts, but thats OK. :)    I've got to figure out how to upload pics from my phone onto here, but I may have to do it thru facebook.  I'll figure something out lol.    :day Katy!   :ty again!!!

:hug s for all!

Katy, I recieved the squares you sent me! They are lovely and will deffnetly work in with my afghan!!! :ty  :hug s and :manyheart !!!   I decided to make a trip up to the mailboxes just a few minutes ago and was yelling that I had a puffy! I'm sure whoever heard me thinks I'm nuts, but thats OK. :)    I've got to figure out how to upload pics from my phone onto here, but I may have to do it thru facebook.  I'll figure something out lol.    :day Katy!   :ty again!!!

:hug s for all!

oh good, glad they arrived, I always worry about my square babies, till they get where they're going, to their forever homes!! thankis for letting me help with your ghan a bit!

Good morning, all!  We're getting around (slowly) for church this morning, but I wanted to stop in and wish everyone a warm, dry, and blessed day.  Today is the day that I WILL finish the bunny slippers.  I wanted to finish them last night, but my right hand was hurting.

cshort ~ My first order of business when I finish these slippers is to get your squares made and in the mail to you.  I really hope to have them (the squares) finished by the end of the month.  I haven't forgotten about you, I promise!

Quick good morning to all before DD and I start our day! First up: a walk at the mall then on to Target for sundries then to the grocery store for those items then back home and having DD finish up her homework and then and only then I might be able to sit down for a second! Whew!

Hope all start feeling better that are sick, here's a hug for everyone! Have a great day!

kuddles

Our power was on and off yesterday - We had about an inch of ice on the power lines & trees (with about an inch on the ground) and it was horrible. I kept getting told that the roads were clear - um, nope!! I slid the truck off in the ditch & had to have DH come pull me out with the tractor. (No harm to the truck or myself...Walked about a mile & a half to 2 miles back home - I needed that exercise :) )We live down a lot of dirt roads so it wasn't pavement either.

Oh my goodness! Scary stuff!  I'm so glad that you are safe!

I am so sorry I am so late with this post!  I received these awesome squares last week from Katyallen and I wanted to say a HUGE thank you!  They are so pretty and could not have come at a better time to make me feel that someone, somewhere cares.   :hug

attachicon.gif001.JPG

Very pretty.

I finally went to the doctor yesterday to see if they could do anything for my cold and she said yes, at this point we should start treating with antibiotics (it's been a week and a half or more, and yesterday morning I felt better but by lunchtime at work I was exhausted and headachy and said screw it, I'm going to the doctor now). I'm way behind on my crocheting so I'm hoping to catch up a little this weekend.

Hope you feel better soon.  My dh is still fighting his cold too and can't seem to shake it.  What is it with the germs this year.  They just won't go away.

No news on the house yet. They are still doing all the background checks which is taking aaaaaaaaages! I can say, however, that it is looking good. :)

Positive thoughts and prayers still being said for you...

Hi everyone :hug i havent been on in a few days ive been feeling yucky i dont think its the flu but its been hard to drink water let alont try to actually eat food. Feelin better today tho so hope its on its way to leaving me alone LOL :)

Take care and :hug for everyone

Take care of yourself and feel better soon...

I hope you get to feeling better soon sissy! :manyheart  :hug for you!!!  

On another note, I found out that as long as we can get to he front of where we live, I can get to the store for more groceries. The roads have been cleared!!! :clap  I want to go get about another weeks worth of food in case we end up needing it. Rumor has it that I'm supposed to get hit again sometime Monday! :cry  NO PLEASE! THANK YOU!!! The other reason I don't want to get hit again, I have 2 Dr. appts this week! One on Monday, and the other Tuesday...and I dont think we need any more snow! Yucky, wet, cold stuff all in my socks freezing my feet! LOL

I hope all are well! :hug s for everyone!!!

Good luck on the snow front.  I'm sick of the stuff too.  Sure didn't like waking up to it again today, but at least we're only supposed to get about 6" or so.

Hi Everyone!  I've got to get my squares done for our queen!  I finished my afghan for my niece tonight.  She arrives tomorrow, so I really hope she likes it.  So, now I will be hunting for some yarn and making squares to send out to the queen. 

Congrats, and stay warm, and hope everyone is doing well.  Also, beautiful eye candy!

Very pretty.

Archived