Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Oh good, glad it arrived! I have sent out five more as of today, Pineknot, and Rene', and the other three were katiebug, Rosebud, and kuddlekubs! so heads up, look for them hopefully this week, but most likely next. lol

Im bored, and tired, all at the same time, nothing on tv, nothing really to do, and don't feel even like crocheting. I hope I haven't lost my mojo, ha ha, but have been here before, and have recovered, so, Ill wait it out.....till tomorrow, everyone be well and take care.              

Woot! Thanks, I'll look for the puffy!!!

We've all been there but we have all bounced back! Hang in there!

kuddles

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to you as well!! Are you getting a boy or a girl? We currently have a 6 year old son along with a 4 year old son - and this one is predicted to be a girl though I think my 6 year old is getting less & less convinced & more worried he is going to be stuck with 2 brothers, as this is our last one lol. He helped me pick out her carseat & said I better not get anything with pink on it "just in case". So we got a really cute green one with polka-dots - it's pretty unisex!

We're having a girl :)  My 5 year old is a boy, and he's super excited! Her gender has been cheched about 3 or 4 times...after the first one, it was all durring the checks for the fluids around her lol. And that sounds like a cute carseat too. I have one right now that my friends teacher gave us, and another friend of mine is proly giving me another one. I cant really argue with it, I would loose to her anyway lol  

just got back from the post office.....

AngelRoseLite should be expecting a puffy as well as our Fabulous February Square Queen!! 

2 new little girls! :woo Having just had my 2nd girl (she is 4 months old now), I'm still a little broody :D Either of you want a cute newborn girlie outfit from the UK? I have plenty. :)

congratz to kaitebug, and jessica!! I knew Jessica was expecting, but thanks for sharing with us too Katiebug!

Skoggy, that is such a nice and generous offer you made up there, about the new born baby outfits, from the uk, I know if I were in Jess and Katie's condition, I would cherish an outfit from "across the pond", so how nice of you is that, gosh, how is the little one today??

I haven't heard a word from Januarys LIl Mama06, and to the best of my knowledge, she hasn't been on the ville for a long time either, so her pending count, and any unoffered thanks, are probably out in the void somewhere! I will thank you all, though, for doing your job, and being so kind as to send her some squares, regardless of the pending thank yous, we do this not so much for the thanks, however always appreciated, and a nice courtesy, to our friends here at Yarn Hill,  but for us as well. I suspect she has good reason to be absent this long, and I do hope all is well, So acting as her proxy  I will submit my thanks to you for her squares! yay....we wish her a speedy return to the ville!

congratz to kaitebug, and jessica!! I knew Jessica was expecting, but thanks for sharing with us too Katiebug!

Skoggy, that is such a nice and generous offer you made up there, about the new born baby outfits, from the uk, I know if I were in Jess and Katie's condition, I would cherish an outfit from "across the pond", so how nice of you is that, gosh, how is the little one today??

She is getting there. The meds seem to be doing there job but she is still getting spasms and pain but no where near as horrible as the beginning of the week. So, she's on the mend and nearly back to my little yarn-loving nerd. :D

Thank you Cshort for the squares!! I received them last week but am just now getting a picture posted :)

The picture does NOT do them justice.. They are so much brighter & more vibrant in person!!

attachicon.gifDSCN0599.JPG

I'm glad you like them.

I am back from my mini vacation, we had a great time. Going back to work today was a little rough.

There is soooo much to catch up on.

Skoggy, I'm glad your little one is on the mend.

Katiebug and Jessica, congratulations on the little ones that are on the way.

Smith, I'll be watching the mail.

I've started putting my squares together and they look sooooo pretty.

I think my brain is still on vacation. I almost forgot to say

Thank you bgs for the beautiful squares and towel.

Thank you queseraseraap for the wonderful square.

post-4459-0-38388000-1361494391_thumb.jpg

post-4459-0-00010300-1361494579_thumb.jpg

Skoggy, that is a very generous offer! I would happily accept an outfit if you're willing to send one! :yes  I'm happy to hear your little one is doing better too! I can only imagine how hard it is to have a very sick little one and an even smaller baby to take care of too. Super :hug s for you!!!

So many patterns and so little time. I have been collecting patterns for many, many years and this past weekend I found a lot (several hundred, literally) that I forgot about. I want to do them all but it's hard enough trying to get squares done to send out to you folk. I take care of one of my grandchildren and each time I pick up a hook she is in my lap. I also feel bad that I don't interact with you all and get to know each of you better, but alas, I'm not a "chatter" and for me to even check my email is harder to do than pulling hens teeth. I'm very happy to be able to have a group that I can make squares for and if I am not working on a project, I am making squares for one of you. 

Enjoy the day.

2 new little girls! :woo Having just had my 2nd girl (she is 4 months old now), I'm still a little broody :D Either of you want a cute newborn girlie outfit from the UK? I have plenty. :)

I would LOVE a newborn outfit from the UK!! Rosalie was sent an adorable pair of crochet booties from POLAND also :) Just let me know if you need anything for it :) 

Our power was on and off yesterday - We had about an inch of ice on the power lines & trees (with about an inch on the ground) and it was horrible. I kept getting told that the roads were clear - um, nope!! I slid the truck off in the ditch & had to have DH come pull me out with the tractor. (No harm to the truck or myself...Walked about a mile & a half to 2 miles back home - I needed that exercise :) )We live down a lot of dirt roads so it wasn't pavement either.

I would LOVE a newborn outfit from the UK!! Rosalie was sent an adorable pair of crochet booties from POLAND also :) Just let me know if you need anything for it :) 

Our power was on and off yesterday - We had about an inch of ice on the power lines & trees (with about an inch on the ground) and it was horrible. I kept getting told that the roads were clear - um, nope!! I slid the truck off in the ditch & had to have DH come pull me out with the tractor. (No harm to the truck or myself...Walked about a mile & a half to 2 miles back home - I needed that exercise :) )We live down a lot of dirt roads so it wasn't pavement either.

Please be careful!  I'm terrified of icy roads (due to flipping a van in NE Arkansas 2 weeks after having a c-section).  Reading your post made me feel a little bit panicky.  (spelling?)  I'm so glad that you and baby are both okay.

I am so sorry I am so late with this post!  I received these awesome squares last week from Katyallen and I wanted to say a HUGE thank you!  They are so pretty and could not have come at a better time to make me feel that someone, somewhere cares.   :hug

post-22056-0-55399000-1361550991_thumb.jpg

Pretty blue and purple there, krafty!

Carol, I sent a square out for you too, on Wednesday. So probably Monday or so I guess it'll get there, from the northeast? I think it'll go very well with the ones in the picture you posted! :D

KatherineElaine, I know how you feel! My activity on the 'ville is fairly erratic; I'll go a few weeks posting every day (or more than once) and then I'll have a dry spell where I just can't get on and I feel bad for not being more interactive. It's still fun to think of all the yarny links being made even then.

I'm so happy to hear that Skoglet A is on the mend!! That sounded like a crazy frightening situation. I hope the house is going well, too? (Or did I miss a post? It's possible!) Moving with little ones must be crazy. I haven't done it yet; I've only moved fish. But it sounds like you'll all be so much more comfortable in the new place that it'll be worth it.

I finally went to the doctor yesterday to see if they could do anything for my cold and she said yes, at this point we should start treating with antibiotics (it's been a week and a half or more, and yesterday morning I felt better but by lunchtime at work I was exhausted and headachy and said screw it, I'm going to the doctor now). I'm way behind on my crocheting so I'm hoping to catch up a little this weekend.

I'm so happy to hear that Skoglet A is on the mend!! That sounded like a crazy frightening situation. I hope the house is going well, too? (Or did I miss a post? It's possible!) Moving with little ones must be crazy. I haven't done it yet; I've only moved fish. But it sounds like you'll all be so much more comfortable in the new place that it'll be worth it.

No news on the house yet. They are still doing all the background checks which is taking aaaaaaaaages! I can say, however, that it is looking good. :)

Hi everyone :hug i havent been on in a few days ive been feeling yucky i dont think its the flu but its been hard to drink water let alont try to actually eat food. Feelin better today tho so hope its on its way to leaving me alone LOL :)

Take care and :hug for everyone

Hi everyone :hug i havent been on in a few days ive been feeling yucky i dont think its the flu but its been hard to drink water let alont try to actually eat food. Feelin better today tho so hope its on its way to leaving me alone LOL :)

Take care and :hug for everyone

I hope you get to feeling better soon sissy! :manyheart  :hug for you!!!  

On another note, I found out that as long as we can get to he front of where we live, I can get to the store for more groceries. The roads have been cleared!!! :clap  I want to go get about another weeks worth of food in case we end up needing it. Rumor has it that I'm supposed to get hit again sometime Monday! :cry  NO PLEASE! THANK YOU!!! The other reason I don't want to get hit again, I have 2 Dr. appts this week! One on Monday, and the other Tuesday...and I dont think we need any more snow! Yucky, wet, cold stuff all in my socks freezing my feet! LOL

I hope all are well! :hug s for everyone!!!

Archived