Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished an amusing hat for a friend last night, I'll post a thread about it shortly. The order of todays crochet business is to whip up some squares for our 2 expectant ladies and our dear Queen. :)

By the way, I have started a little page on FB. If you fancy hitting the like button on it, it would be very much appreciated. I will be posting lots of crocheting stuff and, when I need them, will be asking for pattern testers etc. It's here http://www.facebook.com/CrochetByEm

Skoggy, I clicked over and liked the page! I will be stalking it!!! LOL! :D 

Hope you all are feeling better today. I know I'm not. :(  But that's OK I guess, I'll still manage to get crocheting done, if nothing else! :) 

:hug s for all!

I hope you get to feeling better soon sissy! :manyheart  :hug for you!!!  

On another note, I found out that as long as we can get to he front of where we live, I can get to the store for more groceries. The roads have been cleared!!! :clap  I want to go get about another weeks worth of food in case we end up needing it. Rumor has it that I'm supposed to get hit again sometime Monday! :cry  NO PLEASE! THANK YOU!!! The other reason I don't want to get hit again, I have 2 Dr. appts this week! One on Monday, and the other Tuesday...and I dont think we need any more snow! Yucky, wet, cold stuff all in my socks freezing my feet! LOL

I hope all are well! :hug s for everyone!!!

Linda whispers oh so quietly,send the snow here,I must be part snow bunnie,I just love the snow

Emma, I just noticed your post about your FB page.= visited and liked :check

Linda, you can have all our snow.  I'm sick of it! :lol

Be well everyone! ( she says as she sniffles, shivers and snuggles down under the blanket some more, lol)

Linda, you can have the snow I'm supposed to get tomorrow! At least another 8 to 12 inches is forecasted for my area, last I heard... :angry I don't want anymore snow!!! :( 

Well, apparently the COLD and YUKKY germ has hit our Yarn Hill! I can't count all that are sick, or been sick, or or or!! I so far, have been healthy, as has been good luck i guess, given the number of Squares and family members of squares, that aren't up to par! One might think that just goin on the thread you are susecptable to catching the virus going around, I assure you, coming in and visiting on the thread will not make you sick, lol

Hope all that are not feeling well, hurry up and get better, and being sick is not gonna last forever!! take care all, oh and one more thing, Carol, polish up that crown, we have a March Nominee, and she has accepted the honor, and is ready willing and able to accept said crown, when you are finished with it.!! 

March will come in like a lion for sure, but goes out,,,,,,,,like a lamb! March is also my birthday month, and I host the brunch that month with four of us celebrating being another year older! Who ever thought of that as a celebration anyway, I don't know, but  none the less, just saying! Im gonna order a sheet cake, but what to make, has eluded me, maybe yarnie cupcakes? I will have to give that some thought!       anyone got any better ideas for yarning something for my march brunch, lemme know!! Thanks, and for those of you watching the awards tonight, hip hip hooray, I don't have a favorite, for any of the categories, so at a loss for the nominations as well..But good luck to all, have a safe and well rest of your weekend!    

Katie, I have taken very good care of the crown and will be sure that is sparking for the new queen. I can't wait to see who it is, I'm sure she is excited I was when I learned I was going to be crowned.

As for celebrating becoming another year older, it really is a celebration considering the alternative. I have coworkers who complain about their birthdays every year, last I pointed out to them that if they didn't have any more birthdays they must be dead, they quit complaining. I also like the theory that growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional :lol . I hope your birthday month will be fabulous, we will be celebrating my grandson's birthday in March too, he has requested a Mickey Mouse party and my daughter has been very busy making invitations and decorations. I will be making cupcakes and placing oreos on top to make a Mickey silhouette.

I need to get some sleep. Hope everyone has a great week!

cshort ~ I get to start working on your squares!  WOOT!!  I love making squares.

I have a job interview this afternoon.  It's at a school that is about an hour away, though, so I'm not sure what I want the outcome of the interview to be...

I hope everyone enjoys their Monday! 

Linda, you can have the snow I'm supposed to get tomorrow! At least another 8 to 12 inches is forecasted for my area, last I heard... :angry I don't want anymore snow!!! :( 

Bleh, we got another 4-5 inches last night.  I'm so sick of it too.  I'm glad that's all we got though because at first they were predicting 6-8 inches!

I wouldn't mind having 4 or 5 inches of snow, but that's about it...  And I'd like for it to go away within 3 or 4 days.  We haven't seen any snow in central South Carolina in 2 years...

I can only dream of not having any snow.  Of course then we would pay for it with a drought in the spring probably.

Well, apparently the COLD and YUKKY germ has hit our Yarn Hill! I can't count all that are sick, or been sick, or or or!! I so far, have been healthy, as has been good luck i guess, given the number of Squares and family members of squares, that aren't up to par! One might think that just goin on the thread you are susecptable to catching the virus going around, I assure you, coming in and visiting on the thread will not make you sick, lol

Hope all that are not feeling well, hurry up and get better, and being sick is not gonna last forever!! take care all, oh and one more thing, Carol, polish up that crown, we have a March Nominee, and she has accepted the honor, and is ready willing and able to accept said crown, when you are finished with it.!! 

March will come in like a lion for sure, but goes out,,,,,,,,like a lamb! March is also my birthday month, and I host the brunch that month with four of us celebrating being another year older! Who ever thought of that as a celebration anyway, I don't know, but  none the less, just saying! Im gonna order a sheet cake, but what to make, has eluded me, maybe yarnie cupcakes? I will have to give that some thought!       anyone got any better ideas for yarning something for my march brunch, lemme know!! Thanks, and for those of you watching the awards tonight, hip hip hooray, I don't have a favorite, for any of the categories, so at a loss for the nominations as well..But good luck to all, have a safe and well rest of your weekend!    

WooHoo!  Looking forward to finding out who our new queen is!  Sending you an early Happy Birthday wish too.  March is also my birthday month.  It looks like there are quite a few of us March babies in here!

Katie, I have taken very good care of the crown and will be sure that is sparking for the new queen. I can't wait to see who it is, I'm sure she is excited I was when I learned I was going to be crowned.

As for celebrating becoming another year older, it really is a celebration considering the alternative. I have coworkers who complain about their birthdays every year, last I pointed out to them that if they didn't have any more birthdays they must be dead, they quit complaining. I also like the theory that growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional :lol . I hope your birthday month will be fabulous, we will be celebrating my grandson's birthday in March too, he has requested a Mickey Mouse party and my daughter has been very busy making invitations and decorations. I will be making cupcakes and placing oreos on top to make a Mickey silhouette.

Oh, what a cute idea that is to use oreos for the Mickey Mouse silhouette!  Please take a pic to show us!

Piscescrocheter is a March baby too,do you share her day? the 7th?

Oh, that's right.  I remember sending her some squares for her birthday last year, I think!

cshort ~ I get to start working on your squares!  WOOT!!  I love making squares.

I have a job interview this afternoon.  It's at a school that is about an hour away, though, so I'm not sure what I want the outcome of the interview to be...

Good luck!

Good afternoon all! Finally getting a chance to log in, had a busy morning. Went to one of my OB appst, to the school to return a library book (that Ihad already paid for...lol...got my $15 back), went and got gas, then went to the fabric store and got (another) ball of yarn. :D I got a bright pink to edge the baby blanket with. And I think I figured out how to upload pics on here from my phone! So I will try it later on today with pics of squares I have recieved from all you wonderful ladies! And if it works, I'll post a pic of my work in progress baby blanket too. :) Hope you are all enjoying your Monday and have a great week! Talk to you all soon. :( 

:hug s for all

ha, so true so true, needed you to show me the bright side of it all!!! and what a cute little idea, for the ears, gosh, people in here are just so darn creative!

Piscescrocheter is a March baby too,do you share her day? the 7th?

well with a screen name like Pisces,  I knew she would be March early march, lol I am pisces as well, but a few days the other side of her! lol

I hear that, in need of a job, I applied for the state, course had no idea I would get it, turned out to be one of the best jobs i have had to date, also makes you almost a shoe in for another state type job, which I turned down the next one , which was at the womens prison.....Just not my cup of tea!! So good luck, or no, however it goes!

Good afternoon all! Finally getting a chance to log in, had a busy morning. Went to one of my OB appst, to the school to return a library book (that Ihad already paid for...lol...got my $15 back), went and got gas, then went to the fabric store and got (another) ball of yarn. :D I got a bright pink to edge the baby blanket with. And I think I figured out how to upload pics on here from my phone! So I will try it later on today with pics of squares I have recieved from all you wonderful ladies! And if it works, I'll post a pic of my work in progress baby blanket too. :) Hope you are all enjoying your Monday and have a great week! Talk to you all soon. :( 

:hug s for all

Oh yay, glad to hear it, and that is a very  nice baby blankee!!

attachicon.gifIMG_20130225_134131_770.jpg

My work in progress. The blanket bunched up under it doesn't do it much justice. Lol

Does anybody else look at the pictures people share of their received goodies and go "Ooh, ooh, that's my square! That one there!"

:D

Yes, sometimes I find it hard to tell though, as I forget how the ones I send look.......but sometimes, I look and say, oooh, that's mine! yay!

post-40621-0-69782400-1361827503_thumb.jpg

Well, officially out of my dry period, dreamed of a project last  night, and have been busy planning it out, and making sample squares for it!! I am going to do a rainbow bright friendship ghan, which means,,,,, bright shades of the colors of the rainbow, or if you aren't sure, they are red, orange, green, yellow, purple, and blue!  I am going to make at least 20 6 color grannys', in 8 inches, and since I won't ask you all to do all those color changes, and ends, lol I am going back on the board, for 8 inch solids, in bright colors as stated above! Woo hoo, Im excited again, I made a few already of the 6 color ones, there are no bad orders to put them in, they all look good anyway you do them, lol, I will post a pic, but again, not asking anyone to do all those color changes and ends, so will put my preferences down as solids in those bright shades above..... So...... I stand before you,  renewed, refreshed, relieved, and re-cooped, and back to the hook I go! I will add my preferences to the list shortly, and until we meet again....................he he he! My camera hates light purple,and orange, but they all three have all six colors in there, trust me! lol

just got back from the post office.....

AngelRoseLite should be expecting a puffy as well as our Fabulous February Square Queen!! 

I got it!!  Thank you very much.  I'll have to add it to my signature line, but I estimate that now I need 14 6-inch squares and one 3-inch square.  Yay!  Here's a pic of the three squares that smith sent.  I love them!  This is going to be one joyful afghan :)

post-44469-0-60434300-1361828029_thumb.jpg

ha ha, you were hiding there mz emma!! I have yours done, and ready to go out next mailing probably friday, I even grabbed a couple extra darn custom slips so I wouldn't have to hold up the line filling one out at the post office! I will get them out this friday!  And then I only have one more to go overseas, and that will be next month for sure as well!   

I got it!!  Thank you very much.  I'll have to add it to my signature line, but I estimate that now I need 14 6-inch squares and one 3-inch square.  Yay!  Here's a pic of the three squares that smith sent.  I love them!  This is going to be one joyful afghan :)

OK ANGEL, put me in for a few 6 inchers, say four, ok. Next month mailing they will go out! Wait, Friday is next month, wheeeeeee,,,,,,,,,,good deal!

Hi Everyone, hope all are doing well.  Hoping everyone buried in this snowstorm is warm and safe.  We are looking at a lot of rain on Tuesday but I'd rather have that then snow.   I spent the day at the hospital for all of my pre-admission testing for my upcoming surgery, so that is out of the way.  Tomorrow I go to my regular doctor for her clearance, then Wednesday I have to go to the dentist and get her clearance.  I am really getting tired of being poked and x-rayed.   Oh well, I know it's for my safety.   I did get quite a few squares done now hopefully I can get some mailed out.  I found a 6 inch pattern I thought was really cute so I got a little carried away with them. LOL  Now I need an 8 inch pattern that I really like.  I have quite a few but just looking for something different.

OK ANGEL, put me in for a few 6 inchers, say four, ok. Next month mailing they will go out! Wait, Friday is next month, wheeeeeee,,,,,,,,,,good deal!

I see a light!  The tunnel wasn't so long after all.  I love the colors you've chosen for your new 'ghan.  I'm in!  Now, I've been trying my best to get squares finished and mailed out, but these last couple of weeks, after a horrible dry work spell, I'm working and it's all being expedited.  So when I think I finally have time to relax and crochet, I am pulled back in.  :lol

I just found out from my SIL that a neighbor in the townhouse three doors down had a break-in today, in broad daylight, while he was at the gym.  He was only gone 1.5 hours, and someone managed to jimmy the garage door and then the inside door.  When I was driving down the long driveway, I was thinking how lucky we are to have a security gate compared to most of the other multi-family buildings around here.  Apparently that's not good enough.  I had just added a renter's insurance policy with AAA, but I hope I never have to use it.  I'm afraid someone will break in when my SIL and little niece are alone.  We'll have to see about a proper alarm system now.  Scary!

Archived