Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Wow Ann! Thats a lot of snow. I hope you are doing ok.

Thank you VikingRunnerGirl. I'd love to find my dream house but that would mean going back to Sweden and finding something near the forests. I would really really love to live there.

Well, good news on the house front ladies! We have found a 3 bedroom semi in a lovely location with a front and back yard. All the security checks and stuff are going through at the moment so fingers crossed for us. :hug I'm being optemistic because I'm fed up with being down and depressed.

So if anyone has anything in the pipeline to send to me, hold off for the moment until I know if we have a new address or not. :)

ok, wishing you the bestest of luck on this one! Let me know when not if, you get a new addy, haha, thinking positive can't hurt!

Thanks for posting this Katie! I promise NOT to eat any squares sent!

Yep yep, just a heads up, people are used to you wanting cotton, so this is a new developement for you,!! I made you one today, but will have to wait till the next bunch or two go out, Im only doing about 5 mailings at a time, easier on the pocketbook that way!! Its real teal, RH, and Antique Teal, ILTY. hope it works with your new idea!

Finally heading out to the post office..... :ohdear  hopefully I'll only take me a few hours. 

Emma....best of luck on the house!! 

What is this about the saltines? I've seen it a few different places but never an explanation of why. 

OH, the saltines were a special project for whomever wanted to help, one of our old members hershey, needed a hand to complete a project on a tight dead line. Well suffice to say, it will get done, with the help of a few of us that decided to help with the 180 saltines, (two row grannys) but the putting together alone for her, was a bit of a job, so project will be a little further down the road, but she will post pics when completed!!

Thank you Katie for the square--so pretty-received yesterday .. :)

Oh your quite welcome , glad it works out for your ghan! Thanks for letting me contribute, there are a whole lot of ghans out there, i got a piece of, lol      

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this color! It's a 12 inch  from cshort! I received in mid-January (thank you again, hon!) but finally figured out how to post photos today.... :2blush

....post-17683-0-98847000-1360708408_thumb.jpg

I got two beautiful squares from cshort - thank you!

I love this color! It's a 12 inch  from cshort! I received in mid-January (thank you again, hon!) but finally figured out how to post photos today.... :2blush

....attachicon.gifIMG_0516.jpg

I'm glad you both like your squares.

Good luck on the house, Emma!

Smith, here's the post regarding the saltines:  http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/138944-friendship-granny-square-congrats-to-feb-2013-biggest-square/?p=2542576

I'm finally working more steadily now!  However, that means that I haven't had as much hooky time as I would like.  I'm working on some squares and other things that need immediate attention.  Now I'm eager for the weekend :)

I realized after posting that I had missed reading a whole page and it contained an answer to Smith's question.  I jumped the gun :lol

Yep yep, just a heads up, people are used to you wanting cotton, so this is a new developement for you,!! I made you one today, but will have to wait till the next bunch or two go out, Im only doing about 5 mailings at a time, easier on the pocketbook that way!! Its real teal, RH, and Antique Teal, ILTY. hope it works with your new idea!

Wow, you are super fast! Can't wait to see the square and those colors sound so yummy! Oops, won't eat them, promise!

Lookin' good for the house ladies! Mr Skoggy had to call the referencing agency today (he'd made a mistake with the amount he put for his salary... he missed a '0'. :lol) and they said it was looking more than likely that everything is fine! :woo Although I'm reserving some :woo until we get a definite yes! I did, however, buy some vari. purple / lilac thread to make a runner for our new dark wood dining table we are buying :D

Can't wait to be settled. Having things in order means I can start square-ing again as I will be more organised. :lol

Wow Ann! Thats a lot of snow. I hope you are doing ok.

Thank you VikingRunnerGirl. I'd love to find my dream house but that would mean going back to Sweden and finding something near the forests. I would really really love to live there.

Well, good news on the house front ladies! We have found a 3 bedroom semi in a lovely location with a front and back yard. All the security checks and stuff are going through at the moment so fingers crossed for us. :hug I'm being optemistic because I'm fed up with being down and depressed.

So if anyone has anything in the pipeline to send to me, hold off for the moment until I know if we have a new address or not. :)

Yup, lot's of snow and more coming!  What good news on the homr front!  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and keep you in my prayers.

....attachicon.gifIMG_0516.jpg

Very nice!

Thank you so much KatyAllen for the beautiful squares. What brand of cotton is that? Its so soft :)

Pretty!

Lookin' good for the house ladies! Mr Skoggy had to call the referencing agency today (he'd made a mistake with the amount he put for his salary... he missed a '0'. :lol) and they said it was looking more than likely that everything is fine! :woo Although I'm reserving some :woo until we get a definite yes! I did, however, buy some vari. purple / lilac thread to make a runner for our new dark wood dining table we are buying :D

Can't wait to be settled. Having things in order means I can start square-ing again as I will be more organised. :lol

Great news!

Hi Everyone!

It's so good to catch up with you all.  I just spent the past 2 days in the hospital.  Even though I brought my hooks & yarn with me I just wasn't up to making anything.  I hope to work on some squares soon. :hook

Yup, lot's of snow and more coming!  What good news on the homr front!  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and keep you in my prayers.

Very nice!

Pretty!

Great news!

Hi Everyone!

It's so good to catch up with you all.  I just spent the past 2 days in the hospital.  Even though I brought my hooks & yarn with me I just wasn't up to making anything.  I hope to work on some squares soon. :hook

Hi, grannyannie.  Whatever it was, I hope you feel much better.  I wish I had thought to take my hooks and yarn when I was there for three days, but that was before the crochet craze kicked in for me.  I would have been a lot happier!  Sending healing thoughts your way :)

KatyAllen8090, you posted on June 15, 2012, Post#451, that when you clicked on a link from the list of what folks want from the main page, it will take you to the PAGE that the post is on.  Am I doing something wrong. It takes me back to the main page. I am capable of finding my way to the page that the post is on, however, being that I am spoiled to doing things the simplest way possible, if there is an easier way, I want to know. 

I wondered at the time, if the links were still gonna work, but forgot to check after!

KatyAllen8090, you posted on June 15, 2012, Post#451, that when you clicked on a link from the list of what folks want from the main page, it will take you to the PAGE that the post is on.  Am I doing something wrong. It takes me back to the main page. I am capable of finding my way to the page that the post is on, however, being that I am spoiled to doing things the simplest way possible, if there is an easier way, I want to know. 

Archived