Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you so much cshort!  I love my beautiful green square!!   :)

It always makes my whole week when I see that beautiful puffy in the mailbox!   :)

I'm so glad you like it.

Hi, grannyannie.  Whatever it was, I hope you feel much better.  I wish I had thought to take my hooks and yarn when I was there for three days, but that was before the crochet craze kicked in for me.  I would have been a lot happier!  Sending healing thoughts your way :)

Thank you.  Yes, my hooks and yarn help the time go by much faster.  Unfortunately I've spent way too much time in hospitals lately.

Grannyannie, I hope you're feeling better.

Thank you...

Good morning!

Ann, oh honey, I hope you are feeling better! Hugs and prayers coming your way!

kuddles

Thanks kuddles

GrannyAnnie feel better soon

Thank you...

so sorry to hear of you latest hospital stay ann, hope all is well now...

As for the links, probably got broken when the ville switched  to the new ville,  Ill look into that, thanks for the heads up!!

Thanks...

Thank you Everyone. You're all so sweet.  I'm feeling pretty good today.  Some of you have know me for a while and know that I have a feeding tube for severe gastroparesis.  That is why I ended up in the hospital this time,  The balloon on the darn thing failed and the tube fell out!  I had to have a new one placed in my tummy. Good news is my lupus flare is over! :)   There ya have it, the short and sweet of it, lol.  Hope you're all having a great day!

Hi!

That's all I got today! DD has been sick all week! Ugh! I'm praying I don't get it too!

Have a great weekend all! I'll be a busy mom!

kuddles

Hope dd gets well soon and you stay healthy!  My dh came down with a nasty cold the same day that I went into the hospital.  I was hoping to avoid it, but I feel the stuffiness starting. BLEH!

:hug Baby K :hug

:hug Ann :hug

and :hug anyone else who wants / needs one :hug

Still no news on the house. Got everything crossed for it. Last time, when I moved into this apartment I'm in, I didn't really feel the want to make anything for it. No dishcloths or afghans or doilies or anything like that but this time, because its a house (a house OMG! a house of my own!) I'm planning on making all sorts and jamming it full of handmade stuff. So, if you have any dish / wash clothes, housey things lying around in your craft rooms, you know a very lovely English family who would love to give them a home. :D:lol:P

I know I have asked this before, and only 2 people answered so I'll try again: Are there any ladies here who would be ok with squares made with DK instead of WW yarn? WW barely exists over here and I'm finding the colors for Aran to be very restrictive. DK is the most popular weight over there and the colors are endless. :)

Hope dd gets well soon and you stay healthy!  My dh came down with a nasty cold the same day that I went into the hospital.  I was hoping to avoid it, but I feel the stuffiness starting. BLEH!

Thanks Ann and NOOOOO, don't get it!

:hug Baby K :hug

:hug Ann :hug

and :hug anyone else who wants / needs one :hug

Still no news on the house. Got everything crossed for it. Last time, when I moved into this apartment I'm in, I didn't really feel the want to make anything for it. No dishcloths or afghans or doilies or anything like that but this time, because its a house (a house OMG! a house of my own!) I'm planning on making all sorts and jamming it full of handmade stuff. So, if you have any dish / wash clothes, housey things lying around in your craft rooms, you know a very lovely English family who would love to give them a home. :D:lol:P

I know I have asked this before, and only 2 people answered so I'll try again: Are there any ladies here who would be ok with squares made with DK instead of WW yarn? WW barely exists over here and I'm finding the colors for Aran to be very restrictive. DK is the most popular weight over there and the colors are endless. :)

Woot on the house!

I'd say hold two strands of the yarn to make it equal our WW ? I'd be thrilled to get a square from you that way!

kuddles

Woot on the house!

I'd say hold two strands of the yarn to make it equal our WW ? I'd be thrilled to get a square from you that way!

kuddles

Yeah, I could try and see if that works and hope that it won't be too tight / thick :)

Yeah, I could try and see if that works and hope that it won't be too tight / thick :)

Let us know how it goes! Here we can usually put two strands of a sports weight together and it will be close to WW.

Back to the sick girl! Now I'm coughing! ARGH!

Finally a chance to get on and say I got two pretty squares in the mail from our KatyAllen! I'll try to post a pic later; there's some lovely colours there! Thanks, Katy!

you are quite welcome, glad you liked them!

This afternoon I put 2 squares in the mail to our reigning queen!

yay!! long live the queen!!

as for dk yarn, i don't really know what that yarn is, but i would think two strands if is just thinner would work fine, if I were collecting squares, I wouldn't mind that at all.....

:ty  :ty Just wanted to say a shout out to all those who sent me saltines busy-bee-lmt, katyallen, and I got alot from pineknott and pisces (renee) today!! They are all just wonderful and to think you all took time out of your busy schedules and put your on projects on hold a bit to do as many for me as you could..

Soon as I get it done I will post the pics and let everyone see plus keep you posted on how it goes auctioning it off for next year's fundraiser!! Thank you all so much will not forget your kindness!! :manyheart  to all!!!!!

Hello Everyone

Skoggy hope things go well with the house

Ann please take care and hope you stay away from the hospital.  Hope Andy is feeling better too.

Kuddlekubs hope everyone is your house is doing well.

Squares going out this weekend for the "Queen"

I haven't been able to get much crocheting done.  I've been trying but my hand really starts to hurt shortly after I start so it has been very frustrating lately. 

Thanks everyone for the get and stay well wishes for my little family! I seem to be better this morning, so I'm optomistic (which is NOT my nature unfortunately!) and DD is not as bad this morning! Seems like as the day progresses, she coughs more....for now quiet! Ahhhhhhhhhh.......we have a 3 day weekend together since Monday I'm off work and she is off school. Don't know if I'll still like her by Monday but I'll still love her for sure!

Take care all! I did an 8 inch square last nite that I think would be lovely for one of you ladies. I'll have to go see if the size and colors match anyone!

kuddles

ooh, nice to hear everyone is recooping/improving/and back crocheting squares! Nothing much else here to report. Little chilly out today, so am cooking some chicken right now, to make a chicken noodle casserole when it's done. Always good to have something like that on a chilly day, huh...Snowed great big flakes, for like an hour yesterday, totally unexpected, must have picked up at least an inch, but melting off today already! It ws sooo light, thought about getting out a leaf blower, and clearing it that way, lol! Talk later, yall have a good one, happy Saturday!!!!!!!     

:ty  :ty Just wanted to say a shout out to all those who sent me saltines busy-bee-lmt, katyallen, and I got alot from pineknott and pisces (renee) today!! They are all just wonderful and to think you all took time out of your busy schedules and put your on projects on hold a bit to do as many for me as you could..

Soon as I get it done I will post the pics and let everyone see plus keep you posted on how it goes auctioning it off for next year's fundraiser!! Thank you all so much will not forget your kindness!! :manyheart  to all!!!!!

very welcome, glad to have helped just a little bit!

Bad bad bad Saturday evening!!!! :( I spent from 1900 until 2230 in the ER with Felicia. She had 2 Febrile Seizures in the space of 10 mins. By the time the paramedic got to the apartment, her temp. was up to 40C (104F?), she was very unresponsive although awake and conscious. She has got an infection somewhere inside her but won't get the results back until Wednesday. Until then she is on antibiotics, paracetamol and ibuprofen many times a day and have to watch her. The likelihood of her having another is high so we need to constantly check her if we think she is coming down with a temperature. I am totally shattered both mentally and physically, hungry having had no dinner and just want to curl up in bed but, alas, I have another little sweetheart who needs a feed at midnight. :) I hope something nice happens tomorrow otherwise I'm wiping this weekend off the slate.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Ok no time to get caught up on the posts, sadly, because a little boy wants to "play zombies" and he was asking very politely before so I need to go. But I wanted to quick say that I finished a Queen Square today!! I'm pretty psyched about it; the first square I've finished in a while and I think it's pretty, too! So I can't mail it tomorrow, I realised, since it's Sunday, but Monday. Yay!

Skoggy so sorry to hear your girl is ill , :hugs for her and hope ahe is better soon

Hope everyone is doing well. ive been MIA for a few days although ive been lurking :) My Best friend Rachel and her hubby and kids came for a visit yesterday and she brought me yarn :):woo what a doll

Archived