Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hello Ladies,  I just got back from VA to visit my beautiful great neice.  She is our first.  She is the first grandchild, first great granchild, first great niece so everyone is so excited.  Mom had a few problems so they had to induce and she was born early.  She is so so tiny.  I made a bunch of tiny weenie hats for her, now I have to go booties and mittens because everything is so big. 

Congratulations Carol, I will pledge 2 squares to you and start on them right away.  I've been so busy crocheting for my great niece that I haven't done anything else.  I'll pm when I get them ready.

Congratulations on newest addition to your family! Thank you for the square pledge.

Voila! Finished eye candy!

attachicon.gifP1030793.JPG

(Sorry the pic is on its side. The site did that and I have no idea how to put it the right way)

Thank you to everyone who made this little blanket possible. :manyheart

Soooo precious!

Okay gals, just getting back on and saw you couldnt message me. Well when they did the transfer, all my old messages came back and it showed I had 500 of 500 I could have! I just deleted a ton of them so now you should be able to send me a PM. I am not disabled but that was a good thought Katie!

Sorry gals but try to PM me so I know all is good!

Have a great nite! I don't 'do' sports but will be watching Downton Abbey later!

Hugs!

kuddles

I just tried again and it looks like PM worked.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning! Yup, I can again receive PMs after deleting a bunch! Woot! Got the address for the Feb Square but teased her ....told her I'm waiting till I make her another before I send!

Oh Pat, what fun, a baby to spoil!

Emma, stunning blankie! Love it!

Everyone else.....have a super great day!

kuddles

Well over lunch I finished our Square's second square! Weaving in the ends tonite and most likely will mail out tomorrow since I have to go to the post office on lunch anyway! Woot!

Well it has starting spitting snow again here in Chicagoland....more tomorrow, on Thursday sleet then rain! What is going on with this weather!

Take care all!

kuddles

I got rid of old messages,since it said I was at 70%

seemed like the old site had more message storage

SMART girl!

Good evening ladies! 

Congrats Carol on being Square Queen this month! I will pledge 2 squares for you ~ but hopefully will get around to making more than that. :hug So very sorry about your kitty! 

excellent!!!!!!!!

Hello Ladies,  I just got back from VA to visit my beautiful great neice.  She is our first.  She is the first grandchild, first great granchild, first great niece so everyone is so excited.  Mom had a few problems so they had to induce and she was born early.  She is so so tiny.  I made a bunch of tiny weenie hats for her, now I have to go booties and mittens because everything is so big. 

Congratulations Carol, I will pledge 2 squares to you and start on them right away.  I've been so busy crocheting for my great niece that I haven't done anything else.  I'll pm when I get them ready.

yay! new baby congratz too!

Baby is so content with her beautiful afghan :)  It's so bright and cheery.  

I have yet to post pics of the squares I've accumulated.  I'll try to remember to do that later today, after finally getting some rest.  I've slept less and less lately.  I figured I'd say good morning to the FGCAL gals before turning in.  

Have a wonderful day :)

The blankee is gorgeous, the baby,,,,,, outshines it by miles!!

I've done some promoting of the CAL. :)

Noted! And appreciated!!

checking into new colors for Feb. queen,don't want to send the same ones as last year

too funny, smart thinking though!

Well over lunch I finished our Square's second square! Weaving in the ends tonite and most likely will mail out tomorrow since I have to go to the post office on lunch anyway! Woot!

Well it has starting spitting snow again here in Chicagoland....more tomorrow, on Thursday sleet then rain! What is going on with this weather!

Take care all!

kuddles

yay, you are a busy busy gal! I know with the weather, cold here today, warmer tomorrow!

Hello everyone! I haven't been on here in some time like a couple of years I think. Had a lot of hard hits and got down. Wow this site has changed!! I don't really know which forum to post this in or even how to do this...but this was the last forum I was involved in. I recieved alot of squares and sent alot of squares. But now I find myself needing help in a different way and I am desperate or I wouldnt be asking this HUGE favor! I had started an afghan by the happy yellow house lady ( I'm so sorry I cannot remember her name, although i loved all of her quilt afghans). This was supposed to be done for an auction for a local fundraiser. Now I see I have bitten off way more than I could chew and like I said, I am desperate! I was hoping that maybe SOMEone on here had done some of these quilt afghans and just happened to have some extra "saltines" (those little granny squares used to make the quilt) tucked away in a closet. I am needing 180 more of the Red Heart SS yarn in WHite #0311.  I would be willing to pay for this, or owe them whatever squares they are needing to finish a project! I am just desperate as this needs to be finished by Valentine's Day!! AAAGGHHH!!! Can someone point me to where I can go with this? Maybe I'm really Big Dreaming! But I have learned my lesson from now on..... Thanks for allowing me this interuption.

Katyallen, Thank you for the beautiful squares that I received yesterday. It's a couple of busy days so I didn't get pictures taken yesterday but I promise I will post pics by the end of the week. Thank you again. :hug

hi everyone ! It seems that my computerm doesnt like the new forum software LOL but I can get on from my kids' computer, so whatever works right :D hope everyone is doing well. See you all after while as I am babysitting my 5 month old nephew and hes quite demanding of being held. :) not that I mind :)

Hello everyone! I haven't been on here in some time like a couple of years I think. Had a lot of hard hits and got down. Wow this site has changed!! I don't really know which forum to post this in or even how to do this...but this was the last forum I was involved in. I recieved alot of squares and sent alot of squares. But now I find myself needing help in a different way and I am desperate or I wouldnt be asking this HUGE favor! I had started an afghan by the happy yellow house lady ( I'm so sorry I cannot remember her name, although i loved all of her quilt afghans). This was supposed to be done for an auction for a local fundraiser. Now I see I have bitten off way more than I could chew and like I said, I am desperate! I was hoping that maybe SOMEone on here had done some of these quilt afghans and just happened to have some extra "saltines" (those little granny squares used to make the quilt) tucked away in a closet. I am needing 180 more of the Red Heart SS yarn in WHite #0311.  I would be willing to pay for this, or owe them whatever squares they are needing to finish a project! I am just desperate as this needs to be finished by Valentine's Day!! AAAGGHHH!!! Can someone point me to where I can go with this? Maybe I'm really Big Dreaming! But I have learned my lesson from now on..... Thanks for allowing me this interuption.

I'm happy to see you back,If I had those 180 saltines,I'd gladly send them to you,but I don't,hope you make your deadline

Hershey,

saltines huh, explain how you make them, as people make them differently some chaining two in between the dc clusters, some chaining three, some making 16 or 4 4dc clusters, or 3 dc clusters someone else wants. sooooo how do you prefer them made, I can make a few hershey, if you let me know what you prefer, thanks, and good to see you again!! Also, do post in i dunno where, need help category?? Crochet help, I think that is it, post there too, might reach more that way! But Ill help if I can! Maybe a few more of us will help as well, they're easy as pie, but we gotta know the the details!

I make them as ch 4 join, ch up 3, do two more dcs, chain 2, then 3 dc, chain 2, and so on and so forth around, until I have four dc clusters, with a chain two between them, then go on to a second row, traditional granny,for a saltine, is that what you are talking about?  What say all?? We have to act quickly, Valentines is just a couple days past a week away! Time is of the essence!

Coud be a special project for some of us, quite the challenge, and remember, mailing takes some time too, so the sooner we get started, if any of us are going to help poor hershey, the better!!

is a link for the way i make them....

my concern is that even if we work till saturday, might still not get to you by mail in time...Anyways, let us  know soon, please!

hi everyone ! It seems that my computerm doesnt like the new forum software LOL but I can get on from my kids' computer, so whatever works right :D hope everyone is doing well. See you all after while as I am babysitting my 5 month old nephew and hes quite demanding of being held. :) not that I mind :)

oooh, nice job holding that little one, huh!

Katyallen, Thank you for the beautiful squares that I received yesterday. It's a couple of busy days so I didn't get pictures taken yesterday but I promise I will post pics by the end of the week. Thank you again. :hug

So welcome carol, hope you can use them to fill up your ghan for all to see very soon!!!!!

How can one go from being on cloud 9 to the depths of a pit of despair in the space of 30 secs? By being told that the house you wanted to move your family into was taken by someone else, minutes after you call to say you were taking it. More living in this moldy, cramped apartment for us then. I'm so upset right now. I'm really concerned about the health effects of living somewhere with a huge mold problem on my girls. We have been on and on at the letting agents, and the landlord yet no-one seems to want to do anything. I thought this was it. Somewhere healthy, big, with a garden. Somewhere the girls could grow up.

I feel awful and really depressed now. No oomph to do anything at all. Spent most of the day on and off crying. Even when my 30th birthday present arrived (a Canon DSLR camera for digital photography), I couldn't even get excited about that. Still, it was a lovely spark of happy in a day of horrible.

Oh poor Emma..... I know this won't help now, but there is a reason you didn't get the house, it's cause something better is out there for you! Don't dispair, things happen for a reason, we don't always know the reason, but things usually work out for the best. I know mold spores are dangerous to adults and more so to children, so I hope the powers that be, find you something even better, very soon!     :ghug

How can one go from being on cloud 9 to the depths of a pit of despair in the space of 30 secs? By being told that the house you wanted to move your family into was taken by someone else, minutes after you call to say you were taking it. More living in this moldy, cramped apartment for us then. I'm so upset right now. I'm really concerned about the health effects of living somewhere with a huge mold problem on my girls. We have been on and on at the letting agents, and the landlord yet no-one seems to want to do anything. I thought this was it. Somewhere healthy, big, with a garden. Somewhere the girls could grow up.

I feel awful and really depressed now. No oomph to do anything at all. Spent most of the day on and off crying. Even when my 30th birthday present arrived (a Canon DSLR camera for digital photography), I couldn't even get excited about that. Still, it was a lovely spark of happy in a day of horrible.

Emma,I'm so sorry to hear this :hug hope things get better soon

Gave you a hug on facebook but here's another!  HUGS

Emma, I am so sorry to hear about the house. Praying that things work out.

Carol,

I sent your TWO squares out today!!! Enjoy my friend!

kuddles

Oooooo I can't wait to see them.

Hi Everyone!  It's been awhile, but I think it's time for me to get back into making squares!  I sent Katie a message yesterday and let her know.  I'm not looking for squares at this time.  I'm just going to make them and send them out when I can.  So, I hereby pledge 2 squares to you Carol!  I'll get them out as soon as I can!  Wow, that felt good! :lol

Emma, I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling down.  Like the others have said, I believe this just means that this place wasn't meant to be and some place better will come along for you.  I hope that is soon!  Sending you a great big virtual hug :hug

Archived