Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hi Everyone!  It's been awhile, but I think it's time for me to get back into making squares!  I sent Katie a message yesterday and let her know.  I'm not looking for squares at this time.  I'm just going to make them and send them out when I can.  So, I hereby pledge 2 squares to you Carol!  I'll get them out as soon as I can!  Wow, that felt good! :lol

Emma, I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling down.  Like the others have said, I believe this just means that this place wasn't meant to be and some place better will come along for you.  I hope that is soon!  Sending you a great big virtual hug :hug

Welcome back Granny annie, glad to see your sunny post today, brightened up my day as well!

:)

and my gosh Immafreak, that is a gorgeous scarf, but the model, steals the show!!!!!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, anyone that wants to help with the saltines for Hershey as talked about above, we can work on them till the end of the week, say Saturday, if you like, Im mailing what I might have done by Friday,She is putting togheter what she can while waiting for more, and making some Im sure too. I found one skein of white 0311 in my stash, and I will make however many I can from it, between now and firiday! I hope she gets lots of help from others on the ville, cause I know my one skein is not gonna make 180 lol, but will do what I can!  MIght I quote her from her pm.....

"I am using Red heart SS White # 0311.

Ch 4.

join with sl st to form a ring.

RND1: Ch 3, 2 dc in ring, ch 1, (3 dc in ring, ch 1) three times, join with sl st to top of beg ch 3.

RND 2: Ch 3, turn, 2 dc in first ch 1 sp, ch 1, 3 dc in same ch 1 sp, ch 1 ( 3dc, ch 1, 3 dc, ch 1) in remaining 3 ch 1 sps, join with sl st to top of beg ch 3, finish off, weave in loose ends.

I am using an "H" hook, squares are approximately 2 3/4".

I have her addy if anyone needs it to mail on Friday or Saturday, or you can pm her for her addy if you like...Thanks for any intrerest in this we can drum up, and wish her luck in completing it before deadline!!A tall order but not totally out of the question yet, lol  

Neva say neva!

Good luck getting them all done. I would help if I could but sadly I cannot.

Ya know something? One of our main supermarkets, Asda, over here was brought out a while ago by Walmart. Wouldn't it be nice if they stocked RHSS? :D That would be awesome! Near me is the largest Asda in the country. I doubt it would never happen though :lol

Good luck getting them all done. I would help if I could but sadly I cannot.

Ya know something? One of our main supermarkets, Asda, over here was brought out a while ago by Walmart. Wouldn't it be nice if they stocked RHSS? :D That would be awesome! Near me is the largest Asda in the country. I doubt it would never happen though :lol

that certainly would be wonderful! red heart right near you!

Hi Everyone!  It's been awhile, but I think it's time for me to get back into making squares!  I sent Katie a message yesterday and let her know.  I'm not looking for squares at this time.  I'm just going to make them and send them out when I can.  So, I hereby pledge 2 squares to you Carol!  I'll get them out as soon as I can!  Wow, that felt good! :lol

Emma, I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling down.  Like the others have said, I believe this just means that this place wasn't meant to be and some place better will come along for you.  I hope that is soon!  Sending you a great big virtual hug :hug

Woot! I get to see you here and on ravelry!

Thanks for the info Lacey.  I wasn't sure if it was just me, or what.  Your scarf is gorgeous!

Emma, that blanket turned out quite lovely.  Your beautiful little girl looks like she loves it :)

I have so much crocheting to do this week, it's sort of overwhelming.  So, I guess I need to stop using the computer this evening and get some of it finished, lol.

I love the baby blanket eye candy, is this from squares you made or members sent you? If it is from members, that is wonderful they made them and sent them to you!!! 

Woot! I get to see you here and on ravelry!

Yes you do! :lol Hope you don't get sick of me! :manyheart 

a quick stop for a quick Hello

the day is already scrambled here,it was food shopping day,but turned into mil washing laundry day

Ewww, it's laundry day here too, but hubby does it all these days.  I can't complain.  If I'm up to it, I help by putting away some of my clothes or folding some, but he does everything else.  He even hangs loads out on the line!  He's a keeper! :) 

We'll I couldn't sleep last night, so I got Carol's 2 squares done!  Now I just need to get them in the mail.  Hopefully that will be within the next day or two! :D Have a great day everyone!

When I saw this last night tears filled my eyes!! :hugSo I just wanted to take a few minutes out to say :ty!!! I am touched far beyond words! Especially to Katie and Linda!! This is indeed a special place and will be glad to get this done and over with so I can slow down and enjoy, also to get to come here much more often!! Thank you to those helping and all those I know can't but wishing me well! I will certainly let everyone know the outcome as well as post pics! Now I've got to get back to crocheting feverishly!!  :knitThanks again!!   

Ok, anyone that wants to help with the saltines for Hershey as talked about above, we can work on them till the end of the week, say Saturday, if you like, Im mailing what I might have done by Friday,She is putting togheter what she can while waiting for more, and making some Im sure too. I found one skein of white 0311 in my stash, and I will make however many I can from it, between now and firiday! I hope she gets lots of help from others on the ville, cause I know my one skein is not gonna make 180 lol, but will do what I can!  MIght I quote her from her pm.....

"I am using Red heart SS White # 0311.

Ch 4.

join with sl st to form a ring.

RND1: Ch 3, 2 dc in ring, ch 1, (3 dc in ring, ch 1) three times, join with sl st to top of beg ch 3.

RND 2: Ch 3, turn, 2 dc in first ch 1 sp, ch 1, 3 dc in same ch 1 sp, ch 1 ( 3dc, ch 1, 3 dc, ch 1) in remaining 3 ch 1 sps, join with sl st to top of beg ch 3, finish off, weave in loose ends.

I am using an "H" hook, squares are approximately 2 3/4".

I have her addy if anyone needs it to mail on Friday or Saturday, or you can pm her for her addy if you like...Thanks for any intrerest in this we can drum up, and wish her luck in completing it before deadline!!A tall order but not totally out of the question yet, lol  

Neva say neva!

I love the baby blanket eye candy, is this from squares you made or members sent you? If it is from members, that is wonderful they made them and sent them to you!!! 

Hi, MamawNaNa!  Well, there's another AngelRoseLite lurking around here because that was not my post.  I wonder what happened.  I think it may be referring to Skoggy's completed flower 'ghan for her baby.  The squares came from some wonderful members of this group.  I hope you join this great group :)

that sure is weird, huh..two angelroselites, can't be, has to be a glitch in the matrix!!

When I saw this last night tears filled my eyes!! :hugSo I just wanted to take a few minutes out to say :ty!!! I am touched far beyond words! Especially to Katie and Linda!! This is indeed a special place and will be glad to get this done and over with so I can slow down and enjoy, also to get to come here much more often!! Thank you to those helping and all those I know can't but wishing me well! I will certainly let everyone know the outcome as well as post pics! Now I've got to get back to crocheting feverishly!!  :knitThanks again!!   

Aw that is so sweet! Happy to help when we can, that is our motto!!

On another note, you ladies are sure going to town on these pledges!! Nice job!!  and welcome back into the squares ann! We missed you!

mamawnana, if you are out there, listening, come join with us, and have some fun!!

Aw that is so sweet! Happy to help when we can, that is our motto!!

On another note, you ladies are sure going to town on these pledges!! Nice job!!  and welcome back into the squares ann! We missed you!

mamawnana, if you are out there, listening, come join with us, and have some fun!!

The first part of your post got cut off for some reason, but I think it's Neo up in the Matrix, playing tricks on us.  Haha

way to go, they are easy once you get in the zone, I think weaving in the ends, took me longer than doing the saltine did, lol Good luck , my puffy launched today from Omaha, arrival, monday at Hershey's house!! Hope for the best!!! 49 dear little red heart soldiers on there way to become a part of a bigger scheme in their young lives, but they are up for the challenge and excited to join Hershey's WORK IN PROGRESS!! :manyheart:yay:cheer:clap:woo I didn't have to push them at the post office, they simply jumped!!

3 Puffies going out from me tomorrow for just this CAL - One will be for a wishlist wish also. 

I also have another row to add to my 'ghan!! Got it set up on my bed - just need to get them sewn together before bedtime!

Archived