Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and welcome back into the squares ann! We missed you!

mamawnana, if you are out there, listening, come join with us, and have some fun!!

Thanks, it's good to be back!

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/144775-crochet-crown/ wow ladies, look what our very own AMY made!!! Right up our Biggest Square alley!!

Isn't it beautiful!

Here are the squares for my nephews ghan :) now to get them together :)

Very nice!

Hi everyone!  DH mailed cshort's squares for me so I don't have to worry about them sitting here all during the snow storm!  We're expecting anywhere from 16-24", possibly 30" :2snow We haven't had hardly any all winter, now we're making up for lost time!

Thanks, it's good to be back!

Isn't it beautiful!

Very nice!

Hi everyone!  DH mailed cshort's squares for me so I don't have to worry about them sitting here all during the snow storm!  We're expecting anywhere from 16-24", possibly 30" :2snow We haven't had hardly any all winter, now we're making up for lost time!

Stay safe and warm.  Hopefully you have lots of yarn and projects to work on during your indoors time!  I remember the days when I would get snowed in - wish I would have had yarn and hooks then!  If you are making something big, it can a double blessing.  Blessing for the one you are making and a blessing for you as it can sit on your lap and keep you warm and toasty!!!!

Yes stay safe Ann!

I'm hoping the squares I mailed out reach our Feb square today or tomorrow! Anxious to see what she thinks of them!

Take care all!

kuddles

burr Ann, that's cold and a lot of snow everyone stay in and stay safe! Good for you Kuddles, I bet they are gorgeous! Question for you missy, are you still wanting 8 " cotton brights, or has that changed yet?????

Thanks Katyallen8090 for the 4 squares.  I got them in the mail yesterday.  They were lovely.  I'll post a pic but you'll have to overlook my puppy she managed to get in every pic lol.

And you are totally welcome, glad they will work for you! oh, and I love doggies, so no worries, lol

Oh Lacey, that is going to make a lovely ghan! I love the lay out, can't wait to see it done, i bet your nephew will love it as well, so bright and colorful!1

and how is Pineknot and Picies doing on there latest challenge!! lol those saltines are easy, but hard sometimes to stay on task with it all being the same thing, don't you think.!

Here are the squares for my nephews ghan :) now to get them together :)

I mailed puffies today. They're headed to AbbyNormal, jessicali, MrsMcKee, Queseraap, ThatThunderbird  and crochet321.

It sounds like I need to keep a close eye on the mailbox.

Everyone who is in the way of the storms stay safe and warm.

I'm tired this evening and think I'm just going to watch tv and crochet.

well Katie,

we are at 50,still have some more yarn left on the skein,so I'm thinking maybe close to 60

then I'm going to have to go in zen mode to get those ends tucked

wow, you did great! Good luck on the ends, if you humm OOOOhhhhmmmm, that helps get in the zone,lol

I mailed puffies today. They're headed to AbbyNormal, jessicali, MrsMcKee, Queseraap, ThatThunderbird  and crochet321.

It sounds like I need to keep a close eye on the mailbox.

Everyone who is in the way of the storms stay safe and warm.

I'm tired this evening and think I'm just going to watch tv and crochet.

wow, you have been busy!!!!!!!!!

Hello there!

I have been so busy,,,,but :(   I realized a few hours ago I am NOT going to get this done in time. Only 1 block an 1/2 completed being sewn together... I called the lady in charge and explained that I am going to donate something else to the cause but that it will probably be a month before I can complete it. I am going to use the squares and complete it and then save it for next year's event, which she was okay with..

I appreciate you Katie, Linda and Rene soo soo much. I feel like I have failed and let everyone down. :(

I have done these kind of things before in the past for some on here and sometimes wondered did it really mean anything or help? I can assure you YES IT DID!! My heart has been so touched by the generous hearts full of love and compassion on here!! I will take pics when I am through and make a card that will go with the afghan listing the names and places represented that helped to go with the "story" of the afghan. That will make it even more special.

Again, I am so sorry and want to thank you so much for your hard work and the love you have shown. I am glad to remember this group though and I may not get to log in every day, but you can count on me being back!!  (if you will still have me)..

hi Michele!

No problem, look to next month, or the one after that!  You were on such a tight time schedule, and working mostly alone, well, lets just say, you will have terrific donation, whenever it gets completed! I hope you show us pics, and welcome back to the thread!  Lemme know if and when you want your name on the list for granny squares, ok............ :heart

Hi Ladies, sorry I haven't been checking in.  Computer has not been acting very nice lately.  I get on and then all of a sudden it doesn't want to work.  I see I missed a lot.  Hope everyone is well and safe especially with all this snow. 

Michele, I missed what was happening but I do know this much, we do the best we can and sometimes it falls short.  I have never known anyone at the ville to consider a person a disappointment or not continue to welcome someone to the site.  It sounds like you are doing a wonderful thing, it will just be a little delayed. 

My hand has been giving me a difficult time lately so the crocheting went on hault for the past week.  I am hoping this weekend I can start using it again and get busy crocheting, I need to get that squares done for this month's "queen".

Hi All!  Just a quick check in before I head to the couch for a nap, lol. I'm taking Kim Guzman's DIY tank top class and I haven't been feeling so hot this week and have fallen behind.  UGH!  It's a great class though!  Other than that I've been working on a baby blanket to try and keep me warm during this storm.  I think we got about 2 feet.  Hubby is out snowblowing the driveway now.  It's still snowing and the wind is still blowing though, so he'll be doing it over again later, but at least he should be able to go to work tonight.  We couldn't get out the front door this morning! LOL!

Hi All!  Just a quick check in before I head to the couch for a nap, lol. I'm taking Kim Guzman's DIY tank top class and I haven't been feeling so hot this week and have fallen behind.  UGH!  It's a great class though!  Other than that I've been working on a baby blanket to try and keep me warm during this storm.  I think we got about 2 feet.  Hubby is out snowblowing the driveway now.  It's still snowing and the wind is still blowing though, so he'll be doing it over again later, but at least he should be able to go to work tonight.  We couldn't get out the front door this morning! LOL!

Oh Ann stay in, and rest honey!

Hi Pat, hope your hand feels like crocheting again soon!
Anne, did you get tons of snow?? We have 50 and sunny today!! and Ditto on what Kuddles said!

nothing new to report, just pulled out a cotton bin though, gonna check through it, see what to make, whatever strikes me fancy! lol

Yeah Pat sorry to hear about the hand but I'm there with you! I haven't been able to crochet for 3 days due to carpal tunnel syndrome.....thought it was arthritis but nope. I'm giving it a rest but I don't think I'll be able to stand it and may need to slowly do a little tonite. It kills me not to crochet in the evening!

Hope everyone is safe....we are still no 'real' snow and rain is expected tomorrow! Crazy Chicago weather!

kuddles

Thank you grannyannie and kuddlekubs!!! The squares arrived today and they are beautiful. Here are pictures of the squares I received today and the squares I received from katyallen earlier this week.

post-4459-0-58374900-1360465212_thumb.jpg

post-4459-0-59602700-1360465527_thumb.jpg

post-4459-0-52101300-1360465821_thumb.jpg

Archived